Royal Caribbean website down?

Babynan

Hi.

I noticed this morning that the Royal Caribbean website is down, again, here in the UK. All it shows is the same message about the Australian website "Gone on Vacation".

Usually when this has happened before, I have managed to get into my account through the USA site. But not today.

Is anyone having the same problems? I don't think I have ever seen a website go offline as much as this one.

James

Hi.

I noticed this morning that the Royal Caribbean website is down, again, here in the UK. All it shows is the same message about the Australian website "Gone on Vacation".

Usually when this has happened before, I have managed to get into my account through the USA site. But not today.

Is anyone having the same problems? I don't think I have ever seen a website go offline as much as this one.

James

Was down last night, haven't tried this morning yet. Very frustrating as was ready to pull the trigger and book.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

There's a note on the UK Website

Systems maintenance this Sunday, 13 August 2017, 5am until approximately 5pm

We will be performing essential systems maintenance which means systems for booking a cruise and managing an existing booking will be unavailable.

Please note that the call centre will also be unable to assist with any of the above too. There is also the possibility the maintenance may go beyond this time.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this essential maintenance.

..and what happens with my booking that i have one day left to pay the balance on , will I lose my cabin, perks and booking ..argh been trying to pay the last couple of days and put it in the too hard basket when website wouldn't work and I have busy at work ..thought I would sort it all out on my day off today ..best laid plans and all of that..current pricing for the same cruise probably a thousand more with my perks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe they are planning to update to a better functioning website with up to date information ;p

Given the length of the downtime, I'd hope there's some bug fixes of some sort!

Unfortunately, I suspect when I we click on 'My Cruises' later, it's going to look exactly the same :D

..and what happens with my booking that i have one day left to pay the balance on , will I lose my cabin, perks and booking ..argh been trying to pay the last couple of days and put it in the too hard basket when website wouldn't work and I have busy at work ..thought I would sort it all out on my day off today ..best laid plans and all of that..current pricing for the same cruise probably a thousand more with my perks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd give them a call. Given it says on the UK Site they're hoping to have it back up by 5pm UK Time, that will be 2am Australia time. I'd be staying up until it comes back online and getting it paid as soon as it does !

Call RC.

Hi.

James

The same with me if I use google. But if I use Firefox I can get into my booking information.

All used on my phone through apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was completing online check-in this morning. Inputting personal info went well but while inputting on-board charge credit card info, we could not get past where you check the box where you agree to the credit card terms.

Called customer service and they suggested that we use some other browser than Chrome. We used Bing and the site worked well.

But Chrome has worked for us many time in past bookings.

I generally check website on Sundays, silly me, it is usually down. Monday works again, must do maintenance on Sundays?

Historically, the the IT folks have done maintenance late Saturday night (US eastern time) into Sunday morning.

When I was trying to do a mock booking to see if there are reduced rates for the cruise I have booked already, the website tells me the lowest price for each category for the available date. But once I've entered the number of cabins and persons it tells me every category except suites are sold out. So I click on suites and then I get No suites available for booking.

It has gotten ridiculous to use. This was just a few minutes ago using the US site.