Luminae or Not?

Mythbuster

Our experiences as Suite guests ...

- have been able to dine in BLU (space available basis - we don't dine at peak times, so never an issue)

- have been able to order MDR items in Luminae (we are Vegetarians, so yes we do ...)

- have not been able to order BLU items in Luminae (Summit, M-Class)

- have been able to order special requests (see Vegetarian note above).

Heather

I wonder if it is another Celebrity inconsistency but when we were on a b2b on Constellation the waiter would routinely bring a MDR, Blu and Luminae menu to the table. In casual conversation one night we mentioned how much we liked the baguette from Ocean Liner - 5 minutes later they had some for us to enjoy.

We will be on Infinity shortly so will be nice to see if they offer all menu's. To me it is no great problem if they don't but if you are on the ship for a month or more it is nice to get a little variety.

95% of the time I have ordered from Luminae.

Re: Op's questions - Yes go to Luminae for lunch. You can have as little or as much as you wish and they will be happy to fix you something lighter. Luminae is open for lunch on sea days only once the cruise begins.

As for Chic - Our observation has been that a small number of people dress formal on Chic Nights. The dress code for Luminae is Smart Casual for all nights but most adhere to the Chic schedule. Most men wear Collared shirts, sports jackets or suits depending on personal preference.

Drop off any carry ons in Michaels Club for safekeeping, and head to Luminae, eat, drink and have a great cruise! Just love the fact that there is no waiting for seats, the food is great, service superb, great wine and so worth splurging out and spending the kids inheritance! [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You made me literally LOL and exactly why we stay in suites!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be going on Summit soon and usually go straight to the Buffet after getting on the ship. We have never been on the Summit and was told by the on-shore concierge that we should go to the Luminae for lunch on embarkation day rather than the Oceanview. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions about which would be better.

Luminae really is better, for all the reasons given, but they are not mutually exclusive.

So you can also wander around the buffet, either before or after Luminae, and pick up anything you see that tempts you there.

The buffet stays open longer than Luminae does.

For that matter, you can also try the spa cafe and the poolside grill, if you wish.

Oh, and don't forget the extra desserts at Cafe Al Baccio (deck 5, mid-ship)

No need to miss out on anything. ;p

Also, I have read the official view of what is appropriate attire for Chic nights but "wearing whatever you feel comfortable" is too vague. Do people really wear any level of dress-up and feel comfortable? Is a sports jacket with no tie ok?
That will certainly be fine.

On the next chic night if you decide to leave off the sports jacket, that will be fine as well.

You will see a wide variety in styles of dress. Some people like to dress up more than others.

They really do want you to wear whatever makes you happy (within reason, of course).

In talking with the staff, they told us that it is an opportunity to express your individuality, not be sheep and all dress alike.

Edited by fleckle

Luminae really is better, for all the reasons given, but they are not mutually exclusive.

So you can also wander around the buffet, either before or after Luminae, and pick up anything you see that tempts you there.

The buffet stays open longer than Luminae does.

For that matter, you can also try the spa cafe and the poolside grill, if you wish.

Oh, and don't forget the extra desserts at Cafe Al Baccio (deck 5, mid-ship)

No need to miss out on anything. ;p

That will certainly be fine.

On the next chic night if you decide to leave off the sports jacket, that will be fine as well.

You will see a wide variety in styles of dress. Some people like to dress up more than others.

They really do want you to wear whatever makes you happy (within reason, of course).

In talking with the staff, they told us that it is an opportunity to express your individuality, not be sheep and all dress alike.

While I truly respect the rights of people to dress as they please, I really do not understand why adults have difficulty dressing up for chic nights. I remember my son at 6 hating wearing a suit and making a fuss. I realize people do not want to pay a few dollars extra for a piece of luggage, yet will spend thousands on a cruise and I truly do not get it? With porter service available, and wheeled luggage, you do not have to carry anything.

Dress as you would as a guest going to a wedding. Surely not a big deal for a few hours and a great photo opportunity.

While I truly respect the rights of people to dress as they please, I really do not understand why adults have difficulty dressing up for chic nights.

Please allow me to give you some reasons:

1. some people wear a suit/tie all week at work and do not want to wear one on vacation.

2. some people just feel more comfortable in a less formal outfit

3. some people do not want to check bags with the airline, so they bring carry-on suitcases only (hence fewer outfits and less room for formal wear)

4. some people would rather spend time relaxing than "Getting dressed to the nines"

5. some people do not place any value or importance on formal outfits

6. some people cannot tolerate formal wear due to overheating (medical reasons)

so perhaps now you understand.

Edited by Nachosdelux

Please allow me to give you some reasons:

1. some people wear a suit/tie all week at work and do not want to wear one on vacation.

2. some people just feel more comfortable in a less formal outfit

3. some people do not want to check bags with the airline, so they bring carry-on suitcases only (hence fewer outfits and less room for formal wear)

4. some people would rather spend time relaxing than "Getting dressed to the nines"

5. some people do not place any value or importance on formal outfits

so perhaps now you understand.

Like.

Some of us who are used to wearing business attire are also forced to 'dress up to the nines' for other events very regularly which can become tedious very quickly.

Wearing a shirt and tie in the Caribbean and other warm climates has never been much fun either.

Like.

Some of us who are used to wearing business attire are also forced to 'dress up to the nines' for other events very regularly which can become tedious very quickly.

Wearing a shirt and tie in the Caribbean and other warm climates has never been much fun either.

My DH wears a suit everyday and I wear scrubs daily.

He enjoys getting dressed to the nines as do I on chic nights. We wear party clothes, not what he would wear to work. Daily on a cruise he typically wears button down shirts and slacks or dress jeans We do use the laundry and hand wash swim suits . Bringing electronics and other bulky items, carry on luggage wouldn’t work for us. Since I wear the same thing daily, enjoy wearing different clothes daily Makes the cruises special. Again to each his/her own. Carry on luggage for a cruise, especially two weeks or more, wouldn’t work for us.

My DH wears a suit everyday and I wear scrubs daily.

He enjoys getting dressed to the nines as do I on chic nights. We wear party clothes, not what he would wear to work. Daily on a cruise he typically wears button down shirts and slacks or dress jeans We do use the laundry and hand wash swim suits . Bringing electronics and other bulky items, carry on luggage wouldn’t work for us. Since I wear the same thing daily, enjoy wearing different clothes daily Makes the cruises special. Again to each his/her own. Carry on luggage for a cruise, especially two weeks or more, wouldn’t work for us.

Celebrity dress code has been done to death on these boards in recent times. I think it's fair to say most regular posters are bored to death of the topic! :)

What Nachosdeluxe was doing was trying to explain why others have a different view of the world from you.

But lets all be thankful that the switch to Chic from formal gives us all choices. If people don't have the opportunity to dress up elsewhere then they really should go for it. If others are bored with dressing up or just really don't want to for whatever reason then they don't need to. The dinosaurs who believe that EVERYONE should be in a tux and gown also have choices to move to other lines who enforce this. Everyone's a winner.

Its all about personal choices and people just doing what they want and like on their vacation. Chic nights lay out more options. But these are not rules that everybody on board needs to dress in formal of smart casual wear. Rules are few and far between but some do exist. No shorts in the dining room is a rule. But you always have the option of going to the buffet or even ordering room service.

Celebrity dress code has been done to death on these boards in recent times. I think it's fair to say most regular posters are bored to death of the topic! :)

What Nachosdeluxe was doing was trying to explain why others have a different view of the world from you.

But lets all be thankful that the switch to Chic from formal gives us all choices. If people don't have the opportunity to dress up elsewhere then they really should go for it. If others are bored with dressing up or just really don't want to for whatever reason then they don't need to. The dinosaurs who believe that EVERYONE should be in a tux and gown also have choices to move to other lines who enforce this. Everyone's a winner.

Agree The gowns and tux are best on cunard! I certainly think to each his/her own as I said in previous posts!

The beauty of Celebrity's dress code is that everyone's wishes can be met by the individual. For every person who says they don't understand why people can't get dressed there are just as many who say they don't understand why people want to get dressed up on vacation. Each to his own, Celebrity allows that.