Unlimited drinks??

tmark47

What some seem to overlook is it can also be a win-win.

Look at it this way, I'm a soda drinker. If I was paying $2.50 a can I might have one a day, maybe two but won't buy the fountain stuff Princess would get a profit of about $2.50 (50%),

Now if for $7.00 a day I get unlimited fountain soda (costs them a few cents a glass less than 10c) I might even drink ten, profit $6.00

What some seem to overlook is it can also be a win-win.

Look at it this way, I'm a soda drinker. If I was paying $2.50 a can I might have one a day, maybe two but won't buy the fountain stuff Princess would get a profit of about $2.50 (50%),

Now if for $7.00 a day I get unlimited fountain soda (costs them a few cents a glass less than 10c) I might even drink ten, profit $6.00

Oops hit post before I was finished.

Now alcohol..

At $10 a glass most people will also limit themselves to two or three, maybe a $15 profit, at $59 have even 8 drinks, still a $19 profit.

See win win.

Very good point, GUT2407. It really depends on what is or would be consumed. I ALWAYS get the Specialty Coffee card but I'm also a Starbucks nut. So it really just depends.

Coffee card is even greater win-win, Mrs Gut generally gets one works out to saving close to a buck a coffee (she wins) but wouldnypt soend $35 (I think that's what we paid last cruise) on individual coffees so princess wins too.

On NCL if one were to chose the AIBP, or even Speciality dinning, or internet minutes, then although it might have been free under a promo, they would still charge a gratuity on the package based on what it would have cost to purchase the package.

Why would Internet usage have a gratuity?

Coffee card is even greater win-win, Mrs Gut generally gets one works out to saving close to a buck a coffee (she wins) but wouldnypt soend $35 (I think that's what we paid last cruise) on individual coffees so princess wins too.

If you used the unused punches on a future Princess cruise, then you would win.

Why would Internet usage have a gratuity?

Because their response is incorrect unless this is for guest not staying in a full suite. Never have I had to pay gratuities on a package that was part of a promo offer.

Best thing to do is just ask your TA to include all gratuities within your booking price. That's what I did so there are NO surprises.

Forgot a few but here's the majority:

Carnival Ecstasy 1994

Carnival Triumph 1997

RCL Voyager of the Seas December 1999

RCL Explorer of the Seas November 2001

RCL Navigator of the Seas April 2002 & November 2002

RCL Mariner of the Seas November 2003

RCL Explorer of the Seas April 2004

RCL Navigator of the Seas April 2005

RCL Freedom of the Seas April 2006

RCL Mariner of the Seas November 2006

Princess Crown June 2006

NCL Pride of America (formerly Pride of Hawaii) June 2007

Celebrity Solstice December 2008

RCL Oasis of the Seas May 2010

NCL Epic June 2010

RCL Jewel of the Seas April/May 2011

RCL Oasis of the Seas June 2012

Carnival Pride November 2012

RCL Jewel of the Seas May 2013

RCL Independence of the Seas June 2013

RCL Freedom of the Seas May 2014

RCL Explorer January 2015

NCL Getaway May 2016

RCL Adventure of the Seas December 2016

Correction: For NCL guests in Haven Suites who booked a cruise before June 2017 (but sailing after), gratuities ARE including so you don't have to worry about paying the UBP gratuities once on the ship. Any guests who booked AFTER MAY 2017, Haven residents or not, must pay gratuities each time they order a drink even IF they have the ultimate beverage package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correction: For NCL guests in Haven Suites who booked a cruise before June 2017 (but sailing after), gratuities ARE including so you don't have to worry about paying the UBP gratuities once on the ship. Any guests who booked AFTER MAY 2017, Haven residents or not, must pay gratuities each time they order a drink even IF they have the ultimate beverage package.

Not quite. The NCL Haven guests now have to pay gratuities on the package at time of booking, just like the other pax.. They do not pay gratuities for each drink order (unless it is the excess over $15) with the UBP.

Not quite. The NCL Haven guests now have to pay gratuities on the package at time of booking, just like the other pax.. They do not pay gratuities for each drink order (unless it is the excess over $15) with the UBP.

The statement which I stated, "gratuities ARE included for Haven residents for the UBP," stands correct if they booked before JUNE 2017. This was confirmed by, NCL PRE-CRUISE CONCIERGE. That's why I posted.

The statement which I stated, "gratuities ARE included for Haven residents for the UBP," stands correct if they booked before JUNE 2017. This was confirmed by, NCL PRE-CRUISE CONCIERGE. That's why I posted.

Which is what I said?

I was correcting your statement "...must pay gratuities each time they order a drink...".

This is only the case if they do not have the UBP. If they have the UBP, they have paid gratuities upfront (Haven if booked after May 2017, all 'steerage' class) so no gratuities charged, unless the drink is over $15.

Which is what I said?

I was correcting your statement "...must pay gratuities each time they order a drink...".

This is only the case if they do not have the UBP. If they have the UBP, they have paid gratuities upfront (Haven if booked after May 2017, all 'steerage' class) so no gratuities charged, unless the drink is over $15.

Ok [emoji16]

Welcome!

I agree that the value would really vary based on the individual. Dear Husband (DH) and I enjoy trying different drinks and cruising is ideal for this since we know that neither one of us will have to drive anywhere. The AIBP does seem pricy though - especially for port days. Here is what we plan for our 5 day cruise:

1 bottle wine each in our carry on - no corkage fee if poured in the cabin (you can carry the glass around the ship if you want)

Ultimate Soda and More package - DH is fine with basic coffee so no need for the coffee card, but this includes all mocktails. Sometimes we want something new to try but not necessarily the alcohol.

Wine Maker's table - $40 meal (if we can get on the list) that should let us try something new with dinner one night

Buy One Get One for $1 specials

Individual purchase if there is anything else we want.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and whatever package/non package you decide.

Princess is not clear about what is included in the Unlimited Soda & More Package. Is brewed coffee included? Not a fancy cappuccino, just regular-not instant brewed coffee.Tea? What about bottled water? Would really appreciate it if anyone has a clear answer to this. We are sailing aboard the Regal Princess in a few weeks.

Princess is not clear about what is included in the Unlimited Soda & More Package. Is brewed coffee included? Not a fancy cappuccino, just regular-not instant brewed coffee.Tea? What about bottled water? Would really appreciate it if anyone has a clear answer to this. We are sailing aboard the Regal Princess in a few weeks.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. It does not include fresh-brewed coffee nor does it include bottled water. I don't see why it would be ambiguous. This is what Princess lists:

==========================

Unlimited Soda & More Package Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing.

Alcohol in checked luggage still allowed?

No. It was never allowed.

You can bring wine but it's best not to put it in checked luggage - unless of course it's a case with a luggage tag. 1 750ml bottle per adult passenger for "free" and any more than that incurs a $15 per bottle corkage fee. No other alcohol is allowed to be brought onboard. Period.

No. It was never allowed.

You can bring wine but it's best not to put it in checked luggage - unless of course it's a case with a luggage tag. 1 750ml bottle per adult passenger for "free" and any more than that incurs a $15 per bottle corkage fee. No other alcohol is allowed to be brought onboard. Period.

Is 1 bottle of 750ml wine per adult also allowed on MSC and Costa?

Alcohol in checked luggage still allowed?

No. At one time they would allow wine before they changed to the $15 corking fee on all wine brought aboard after the free bottle/pax. I would take a case of wine (longer cruise), put a luggage tag on it and give it to the baggage people at the port. I never had a problem in it being delivered to my state room often before our baggage appeared. It was more an unwritten policy in that they did not stop it.

I am assuming since it is not listed in the description (and there is another pay option for it) that neither bottled water nor premium coffee/tea is included.

All passenger fares should include basic brewed coffee and basic bags of tea with hot water. This should be available at either the buffet or in the main dining room. I have read threads stating Regal has brewed coffee available but the complimentary coffee on other ships is a concentrate syrup.