RCI Diamond member new companion not.

Hi

Hoping for some advice here. Im cruising next year I am a diamond member my travelling companion is not. Does she get the same diamond privileges as me? I don't want to go to the lounge etc without her.

Also has RCI done away with the cabin upgrade for Diamond member and is there a discount for diamond on drinks packages?

Thanks in advance for any advice

If your traveling companion is a significant other, and you share an address, you can request that your Crown and Anchor status be linked, just like a married couple. If your friend is a traveling companion, relative or friend, then no - cannot go in the diamond lounge or attend diamond events.

You will still have three free drinks loaded on your Seapass card to use during the same hours as the cocktail hour in the lounge. You can use these at bars with your friend.

Not familiar with RC ever having an upgrade for diamond members. You still get a discount on your cabin, if that is what you are referring to.

Suggest asking any further questions on the RC board for more responses to your questions.

Not familiar with RC ever having an upgrade for diamond members. You still get a discount on your cabin, if that is what you are referring to.

There was a time where Diamonds could get a balcony stateroom room for the price of an outside / window stateroom. That eventually become the current Diamond balcony discount.

... is there a discount for diamond on drinks packages?...

Some ships offer a 20% discount to Diamond level guests, but there's no list of what ships do this. If you can get better than 20% off in your pre-cruise planner, I'd go that route.

Hi

Hoping for some advice here. Im cruising next year I am a diamond member my travelling companion is not. Does she get the same diamond privileges as me? I don't want to go to the lounge etc without her.

Also has RCI done away with the cabin upgrade for Diamond member and is there a discount for diamond on drinks packages?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Yes, she can go to the lounge as long as she's with you. Discount on drink packages I am unsure. But there are happy hours between 5:30-8:30 where you get free drinks in the lounge and some bars. In the lounge, she will be served free drinks during HH but not outside the lounge. As far as other perks, she does not have Diamond privilege.

Forgot a few but here's the majority:

Carnival Ecstasy 1994

Carnival Triumph 1997

RCL Voyager of the Seas December 1999

RCL Explorer of the Seas November 2001

RCL Navigator of the Seas April 2002 & November 2002

RCL Mariner of the Seas November 2003

RCL Explorer of the Seas April 2004

RCL Navigator of the Seas April 2005

RCL Freedom of the Seas April 2006

RCL Mariner of the Seas November 2006

Princess Crown June 2006

NCL Pride of America (formerly Pride of Hawaii) June 2007

Celebrity Solstice December 2008

RCL Oasis of the Seas May 2010

NCL Epic June 2010

RCL Jewel of the Seas April/May 2011

RCL Oasis of the Seas June 2012

Carnival Pride November 2012

RCL Jewel of the Seas May 2013

RCL Independence of the Seas June 2013

RCL Freedom of the Seas May 2014

RCL Explorer January 2015

NCL Getaway May 2016

RCL Adventure of the Seas December 2016

You need a key card to access the Diamond lounge. We have never seen anyone been asked for their status or key cards once they have entered, Your accompanied guest should be fine. Might be different if there were four of you. At least this has been our observation on our last two RCI cruises.

The lounge on both our cruises were fairly quiet in the morning and throughout the day. They became a little crowded until 6:3-/7:30 at which time there always seemed to be seating.

Yes, she can go to the lounge as long as she's with you. Discount on drink packages I am unsure. But there are happy hours between 5:30-8:30 where you get free drinks in the lounge and some bars. In the lounge, she will be served free drinks during HH but not outside the lounge. As far as other perks, she does not have Diamond privilege.

This information is incorrect. She cannot go to the diamond lounge for happy hour. Seapass cards are checked and only those with a diamond Seapass card can attend happy hour. Has always been this way - and they are checking more.

Yes' date=' she can go to the lounge as long as she's with you.[/b'] Discount on drink packages I am unsure. But there are happy hours between 5:30-8:30 where you get free drinks in the lounge and some bars. In the lounge, she will be served free drinks during HH but not outside the lounge. As far as other perks, she does not have Diamond privilege.

That is incorrect. Unless she is related by marriage or a significant other with the same address and such is noted with C & A, she does not have Diamond Lounge priviledges. The Concierge has a list by stateroom of all eligible members and if / when the Diamond member is checked and she is with him she may be asked to leave.

I have witnessed this a number of times. I have also witnessed a Concierge who has allowed it so as not to have to say no to a guest, but IMO that guest is taking advantage of the Concierge by doing so. If they allow one, then they would have to allow all.

Can she get away with being in there - possibly. Should she and is she entitled to - no, not by C & A rules. This is a frequently discussed and debated topic and although opinions about allowing non-members access to the lounge vary, the policy is clear.

However on Celebrity, non-Elite stateroom guests traveling with Elite members do share the Elite members lounge privileges, but not on RCI.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You need a key card to access the Diamond lounge. We have never seen anyone been asked for their status or key cards once they have entered, Your accompanied guest should be fine. Might be different if there were four of you. At least this has been our observation on our last two RCI cruises.

The lounge on both our cruises were fairly quiet in the morning and throughout the day. They became a little crowded until 6:3-/7:30 at which time there always seemed to be seating.

Seapass cards are frequently checked. On my last two cruises the old Viking lounge was used as an overflow lounge - no need to access by key card. There was always an employee checking cards as you got off the elevator and a sign saying private party - diamonds only. You might get away with it during the day, when you need to swipe your card, but the concierge may be sitting there. Concierge has a list of eligible members and may request a card and refuse entry.

Learn something every day. Never had our cards checked...but we were on two smaller ships...Radiance and Serenade.

We have not been on the larger ones.

Unless the door is open or you follow someone else in, you need your card to open the door - just as you do to access your stateroom. Your membership is coded on your card and unlocks the door, which is one way they know who has been in or not. They don't check your cards per se - the Concierge typically introduces himself to you the first time night you go to the cocktail hour and will at some point (not necessarily while you are with them) check your name off his member list. This doesn't vary based on the size of the ship.

I fully realize that you need your key card to enter. The question was...can I bring a companion who is NOT Diamond level.

Clearly, the person with Diamond status would have a working key card, their companion would follow them in. Just as my spouse does with me, even though we are both Diamond. We don't input each key card seperately!

I fully realize that you need your key card to enter. The question was...can I bring a companion who is NOT Diamond level.

Clearly, the person with Diamond status would have a working key card, their companion would follow them in. Just as my spouse does with me, even though we are both Diamond. We don't input each key card seperately!

Yes, you can probably get someone in, but it's against the rules. Also, you are setting yourself and companion up for a potential very awkward situation. The concierge might ask for a SeaPass card or simply match the photo they have in the system with your companion and come over and asks them to leave.

Your question was answered more than once - including by me. No, non-Diamond members do not have access to the Diamond Lounge on RCI ship. You can bring a companion by having them accompany you as you enter with your card, but that would be in violation of the rules.

...The question was...can I bring a companion who is NOT Diamond level.

Semantics, maybe.... but I think it is clear to everyone what the OP was actually asking, as stated in the original post. OP wants to know if her companion can also have free drinks and other Diamond perks to which she is not entitled.

...I am a diamond member my travelling companion is not. Does she get the same diamond privileges as me? I don't want to go to the lounge etc without her.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Learn something every day. Never had our cards checked...but we were on two smaller ships...Radiance and Serenade.

We have not been on the larger ones.

I've never had my card checked either. Large or small ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The answer is no on bringing non diamond cruisers. On the Freedom a couple years ago my adult children were diamond...banking off my points...and I had enough to be diamond in the middle of the cruise. I asked if I could come in with them the last half of the week when I achieved diamond status and they said absolutely not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums