Flight times out of FLL

Looking at a return flight home out of FLL after getting off the Allure. SWA has a nonstop home that leaves at 10:55 am and at a very decent price. The next one leaves at 2 pm and a $100 more. The early flight should be okay to book?

Edited by Plumbjim
spelling

Looking at a return flight home out of FLL after getting off the Allure. SWA has a nonstop home that leaves at 10:55 am and at a very decent price. The next one leaves at 2 pm and a $100 more. The early flight should be okay to book?

That should be no problem at all booking the earlier flight.

Bill

Hi

10:55a shouldn't be a problem if everything runs on time and no issues with the ship returning back to port. I strongly suggest to do Self-Assist departure, which means you have to carry all your luggage so you avoid the additional waiting for your luggage been available in the terminal.

Sailor

You should make the 11a, just. Bear in mind the lines for check in/ luggage are humungous sat am, then security v long too, so it could be tight.

FYI if you want to take advantage of luggage valet direct from ship to destination airport, no hoofing of luggage etc. and boarding cards in hand, that's the way to go imho, but have to have flight leaving between 1130a - 6p I believe.

Yes I would walk off with my luggage if that was me. Hope for no delays. The earliest I have ever done was 1255. I did it only because DW doesn't like to be rushed. Long as everything goes smoothly you should be fine

You will have time to be bored at FLL. We usually self carry and are at the airport and through security by 8:30. I feel comfortable with any flight out of FLL after 9:15. Granted if the ship is late there is an issue. But usually if the ship is late, its several hours late and it would not matter if you had a flight before 1 or 2 pm, you would miss them all. That being said ships are rarely late. It pays to be at turnaround early. They leave on time and usually arrive a little early. Plan for normal schedules.

Thoughts on 10:20 on a Saturday morning after Independence? Harmony will also be in port that morning. I usually try to go noon or after, but 1. someone in my party needs to be home by early evening and 2. the next nonstop SWA flight isn't until 9pm.

I know it's tight and any number of things could go wrong - so I guess I'm looking for Indy debarkation experiences.

Thoughts on 10:20 on a Saturday morning after Independence? Harmony will also be in port that morning. I usually try to go noon or after, but 1. someone in my party needs to be home by early evening and 2. the next nonstop SWA flight isn't until 9pm.

I know it's tight and any number of things could go wrong - so I guess I'm looking for Indy debarkation experiences.

I would not unless you are willing to be first on the self-assist line. That means getting up around 5am.

I would do it... and have done it.

So question...what if your flight is not until 2 P.M., any suggestions on something you could do? Are you able to drop off your luggage at airport 4-5 hours before flight?

If it's Sunday, we use luggage valet and then taxi up to Las Olas for brunch. We like American Social but there are others. If it's Saturday, we've done a couple ship excursions in the past. Our next cruise, we'll use luggage valet and head to Margaritaville Hollywood Beach as our flight doesn't leave until 5:00pm.

So question...what if your flight is not until 2 P.M., any suggestions on something you could do? Are you able to drop off your luggage at airport 4-5 hours before flight?

I believe the limit at FLL is 4 hours before the flight.