Summit 1 day early in Bermuda

watson50

Yes. "old speed" was 1.5 days down with 3.5 days in port and 1.5 days back. Don't know why they changed the port time.

Number of berths available. Bermuda used to strictly limit the number of ships allowed into the island. A few years ago they released those restrictions. Also at the time they had two berths in Hamilton and two in St. George. Now in effect they have only the two at the dockyards since the bigger ships can't get into Hamilton or St. George. Interesting point back then when they had the two ships going to Bermuda. Very often entertainment was the same on both ships. They would go out to Bermuda on the Sunday ship and return to NYC on the Saturday ship.

Just off The Summit.

We had 2 medical emergencies. Sunday evening the Capt announced that we had to go back for a medical evacuation. As a result we would be late getting to Bermuda.

On Monday, The Capt announced that we had another medical emergency and that he was increasing the speed to save a life. We would arrive in Bermuda at 6:30pm Tuesday...ahead of schedule. We arrived at the Bermuda Pilot station about 3:15 Tuesday and arrived at Dockyard. The Anthem OTS and Norwegian Dawn we berthed at the pier so Summit "anchored" and at 5pm the ships left the pier and Summit was moved to the dock.

On Mon eve at the show, the Capt did say that the passenger was stable...

• 2 months later...

I think the reason for the change in the normal Summit schedule it that it shares a dock with the Anthem. So it has to wait for the Anthem to leave to take the spot. Really the same with NCL where the Dawn and Breakaway share their dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It happened to me. Medical emergency on board. Got to Bermuda after dinner on a Tuesday night. Everything was closed. On Thursday morning, we got a letter stating that due to a storm, we would leave at 4pm on Thursday instead of Friday. That cut our stay by a whole day. No apologies or credit were given. That gave us an extra day at sea and there was No storm. Norwegian ship stayed until Friday and arrived in NY at the same time as the Summit. That was the last time that I would sail to Bermuda. Fly in.