Has anybody experienced their tickets not coming in time

Suzieanna

we are due to start traveling on Wednesday 6th, to get to the U.K. For our flight on 8th to Singapore. No tickets yet from our agent despite several phone calls emails etc.

What would happen if they don't get the stuff to us in time?

Wondering if anyone out there has experienced this last minute worry?

Yes, we emailed a couple of weeks back , then my husband phoned on Friday just gone and they promised they would post them that day. Nothing yet. I phoned them about 2 hours ago to be told their franking machine was broken!! So they didn't post anything.. even though my husband was quite insistent that they needed to sort this quickly. They didn't even phone us back. We have no flight tickets no cruise paperwork, no formula 1 tickets. Nada!

What line are you cruising? For many years cruise lines have no longer sent tickets packets, it's all done online. You do online check in, and print out boarding passes, etc. EM

Agreed - tickets are rarely used for flights or cruises. If is generally up to the Traveller to print his boarding passes.

You should call the cruise line, airline and travel agent; at least one should give you procedure to follow.

Yes, we emailed a couple of weeks back , then my husband phoned on Friday just gone and they promised they would post them that day. Nothing yet. I phoned them about 2 hours ago to be told their franking machine was broken!! So they didn't post anything.. even though my husband was quite insistent that they needed to sort this quickly. They didn't even phone us back. We have no flight tickets no cruise paperwork, no formula 1 tickets. Nada!

"Machine broken" sounds like an excuse to stall. Did they actually intend to use Royal Mail for sending you tickets this close to departure? You're in the UK - do you have some legal or consumer resource there?

Do you have flight details??

locator number for the airline ?

Not sure how it works in the UK but most are e tickets so you just check in online with the airline

Have you checked with the cruiseline website to see if the information is there to be printed off

Most mainstream lines are online you print off the details

Try calling RCL & tell them you are having trouble getting your docs for the cruise from the TA

Usually you just show up with your passport I take my invoice to prove I am on the cruise

I thought the op said to get to the uk. So not sure where they are so may not be Royal Mail. They should have a booking ref and be able to get the info from the airline and cruise line

Get a reprint scanned and emailed to you so you have a copy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure why you need to get anything in the mail. EVERYTHING IS ELECTRONIC. No need for paper tickets either for the airline or cruise. Has nothing to do thing UK or not. All airlines are e-ticket, no one uses paper tickets. Same with the cruise. You go on thy internet and fill out your details and print out your boarding pass. What exactly are you looking to be posted to you?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Agree. You don't need printed tickets for anything. You take your airline confirmation number (PNR), and check in for your flights on line. No paper tickets. You can go to your reservation on the cruise line, log in and complete all necessary forms online. You just show your necessary travel documents (such as your passport) when checking in at the cruise ship.

Hopefully, your TA actually used your money to book this trip. I'd be calling the cruise line and the airline to make sure you're booked.

Agree. You don't need printed tickets for anything. You take your airline confirmation number (PNR), and check in for your flights on line. No paper tickets. You can go to your reservation on the cruiseline and complete all necessary forms online. You just show your necessary travel documents (such as your passport) when checking in at the cruise ship.

I don't know what you are worrying about.

We don't have a confirmation number. We have nothing

Why have you waited so long to check this? Do you know what airline you're supposed to be booked on? You can call them, and ask if you're booked. If you are, you can get your confirmation number and check in online. You should be able to call the cruise line. If you're booked, they should give you your booking number. I'd try that ASAP.

You need to know if this TA really made a booking for you.

Your TA is responsible for notifying you of how and when to get the documents. You need to be pro-active and follow the suggestions you have received so far. There is something terribly wrong.

You should have been given receipts for any payments you paid. The receipts should have a booking number and the details of your cruise. Go on the RC website and use the booking number to access your cruise account. If you don't have an account you will need to establish one.

Good luck. I hope you get this resolved quickly.

When did you book this trip?

Did you get an invoice from the TA when you paid up?

Did you pay by credit card ?

Something does not seem right with this scenario

People do not pay thousands for a trip & not have some paper trail

Why have you waited so long to check this? Do you know what airline you're supposed to be booked on? You can call them, and ask if you're booked. If you are, you can get your confirmation number and check in online. You should be able to call the cruise line. If you're booked, they should give you your booking number. I'd try that ASAP.

You need to know if this TA really made a booking for you.

Agree 100% call and get confirmation #s do not get off the phone u till you get answers!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk