Update from the Oasis

The surf shop and restaurant are up and running, hotel and Starbucks should open soon.

We lost power and had some damage to clubhouse and garages. Power is back so elevator is working. [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much John. Glad to hear that your power is back, hopefully things will get repaired quickly. Although if that's the clubhouse in the picture, looks like it took a pretty good lick.

Happy cruising, and thanks again. We're getting on right behind you.

We now return to the regularly scheduled topic.

Thanks so much John. Glad to hear that your power is back, hopefully things will get repaired quickly. Although if that's the clubhouse in the picture, looks like it took a pretty good lick.

Happy cruising, and thanks again. We're getting on right behind you.

We now return to the regularly scheduled topic.

Laura will still be on with you.

The picture was one of the garage rows. I think roofs ripped off of 5 of them.

People need to actually read the cruise contract......not agreeing with practices that were clearly pointed out beforehand, is not RCCL's fault. People are also encouraged to take out insurance, especially during hurricane season. People choose to cruise during the season, so therefore need to be willing to take whatever risks are incurred. That's just my opinion and also why I do not sail during hurricane season, but I always take out insurance. People expect things, that had they read, AND BELIEVED, in their contract, they would know they are not going to get refunds, freebies, etc. Complaining about it will not help and ALL cruise lines do the same. The fact they are even offering credits is outside what they have to do. They are a business after all and they are trying to make money, greed, not sure I'd call it that. They have financial obligations, staff to pay, bills to pay as well, and they have investors, etc. to answer to. After all, if they didn't make money, they wouldn't even be an option for our traveling pleasure. Much as these inconveniences have occurred, the cruise lines have taken a huge financial hit, as well as the tourism in all these countries that were hit. JMHO

Anybody know how the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort survived? We are there October 5th.

James, I think you will be fine. I'm not personally aware of their condition, but Hilton says the hotel will reopen this Friday for guests with existing reservations. They do not currently have phone service, but you can email them at fllfs_reservations@hilton.com

We are on the same cruise and staying at the Country Inns and suites . I wonder how they are

I don't know if John is still on and knows anything first hand about them. I don't have any contacts at Carlson, but their website says

ALERT - Hurricane Irma: Due to the recent storm, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Cape Canaveral, FL is temporarily closed. Please contact Reservations at 1 (800) 456-4000 if you have an existing reservation during this time, as they can assist to find alternate accommodations with Country Inns & Suites.

I hope they give you good news.

Laura will still be on with you.

The picture was one of the garage rows. I think roofs ripped off of 5 of them.

John, thanks for the photos and information.Hope your short cruise and next week go well and will miss you on the 24th ,but may meet your bride over that week in lounge. Bob & Nancy The Villages, Florida

People need to actually read the cruise contract......not agreeing with practices that were clearly pointed out beforehand, is not RCCL's fault. People are also encouraged to take out insurance, especially during hurricane season. People choose to cruise during the season, so therefore need to be willing to take whatever risks are incurred. That's just my opinion and also why I do not sail during hurricane season, but I always take out insurance. People expect things, that had they read, AND BELIEVED, in their contract, they would know they are not going to get refunds, freebies, etc. Complaining about it will not help and ALL cruise lines do the same. The fact they are even offering credits is outside what they have to do. They are a business after all and they are trying to make money, greed, not sure I'd call it that. They have financial obligations, staff to pay, bills to pay as well, and they have investors, etc. to answer to. After all, if they didn't make money, they wouldn't even be an option for our traveling pleasure. Much as these inconveniences have occurred, the cruise lines have taken a huge financial hit, as well as the tourism in all these countries that were hit. JMHO

Good legal argument, public relations not so much. Especially since I suspect RCCI is going to be limping along with Western Caribbean sailings plus Nassau and a handful of other ports for the next few months. They're going to want goodwill from us.

I am 95% sure my mom lives in the same complex you do. They stayed on the Oasis for the extra days due to not having power or water. Any word if it is back? Oopps.. looks like it is from a previous post. Thanks!!

The surf shop and restaurant are up and running, hotel and Starbucks should open soon.

We lost power and had some damage to clubhouse and garages. Power is back so elevator is working. [emoji2]

2118860cfd429981b55339bb6fc899f4.jpg

I am 95% sure my mom lives in the same complex you do. They stayed on the Oasis for the extra days due to not having power or water. Any word if it is back? Oopps.. looks like it is from a previous post. Thanks!!

If she lives in Royal Towers, B building, 1860, still has no power.

Mine also. The officer on channel 18 onboard last week (Allure) said we'd get all the points.

So is it your understanding that for the 7 day cruise that turned into 10 days (3 that we didn't pay for), we will in fact get 10 cruise and anchor points? No big deal, and I won't be upset if we don't but one additional point will give me Diamond status.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

So is it your understanding that for the 7 day cruise that turned into 10 days (3 that we didn't pay for), we will in fact get 10 cruise and anchor points? No big deal, and I won't be upset if we don't but one additional point will give me Diamond status.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

According to Allure's Head of Housekeeping and his often looped video, we are supposed to get the points. You could be Diamond if this works out. Congrats on that.