FYI: Rick Steves is blogging from a Mediterranean Cruise

whogo

May be he will recognize why so many folks love cruising... Malta is an amazing port... actually anywhere in the Mediterranean is amazing... I have been to most ports in the past 25+ years, have never been disappointed. Let's see how Steve covers it.

He has always been so negative against cruising. This should be interesting. He had to check himself in the first one not to show his opinion. "Cruising is...an option..."

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Actually, he said “good option.” But I think he may have some preconceived notions, as I did, about cruising. Hopefully, he will become a convert.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Rick Steves has cruised before. You can bet he won't be too negative, he has cruise guidebooks to sell.

The second post is better. Looked like he had the Co-Cathedral of St. John to himself for filming, the place was elbow to elbow on our visit last fall.

Reflection balcony cabin partition pattern:

flowers.jpg

I'm thinking the cabin is going to be Continental deck, cabin 6237.

When I say he's taken over a week to post, I mean from Malta - she was there on the 3rd and, in fact, the cruise is now over - she diesmbarked in Rome on the 11th. Probably waited to post so he didn't have to do it over ship WiFi! LOL!

Edited by bigwally

HOPEFULLY ! Rick will keep an open mind and give cruising a level playing field. After years of watching, and enjoying, his show I can see why he's not an 'cruise addict' as we are. After all, he's all about spending a week or longer getting to actually KNOW the locals and the city. To tell him 'Now Steve, you've only got seven-eight hours AT THE BEST to do a weeks worth'.:eek:He'd look at his producer like, 'Have you LOST you mind !!'. I just hope he'll be fair minded even considering the time constraint.

Mac