New NCL advisement re itinerary changes Eastern Caribbean

Tangocherie

Got my email today for a 11/21 cruise from nyc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they say where the cruises from NYC were going? Where were you originally going? I can't imagine them attempting a Western Caribbean from there.......

It is really a shame so many islands are being affected by Irma and Maria. The feel so bad for them especially ones that rely heavily on tourism to hold up their economy. With all the ships going to same ports, there will be odd hour docking or tendering at the western ports.

We are on the Jan 6th Escape sailing and we’ll have to see where we go. Unfortunately, we’ve already paid it off so we probably will not be able to switch to a different itinerary such as Panama Canal or Mexican riviera.

You must be booked in a suite if you can't cancel at this present date.

Bill

I got my email yesterday for 27 Jan on epic. I knew that was coming. My friend does private security and he just spent 7 days on Tortola after the hurricane. He said he couldn't even put into words the devastation that was there. He did say that the communities have totally banned together and the cleanup is well on its way. Within 4 days most of the roads were cleared. He told me he hat all the trees were just a stick coming out of the ground. People on the island were hoping to accept travelers wishing 6 months.

Just received the same. Our cruise is not until March 3, 2018.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

We also received and email from NCL yesterday with the same info. We sail from NYC on the GEM to Eastern Caribbean but have no idea where we'll end up. The impact of Maria hitting Puerto Rico is terrible. We were at least hoping to make it to PR but I don't think this is in the cards.

Wish Carnival would get on the ball as NCL has. Have Eastern Caribbean (St. Thomas, SJ) booked for January - no word yet...

All NCL did was send an email that the itinerary will change. We sail on NCL in Nov so we got the email but we still don't know where we are going. Maybe Carnival is waiting until they know where the ships will be going?

Did they say where the cruises from NYC were going? Where were you originally going? I can't imagine them attempting a Western Caribbean from there.......

Leaving from NY in Dec for East Caribbean which I know will change. There are Southern Caribbean cruises to St Lucia, Barbados, Aruba, Jamaica which have not been affected. A stretch from NY but doable.

Leaving from NY in Dec for East Caribbean which I know will change. There are Southern Caribbean cruises to St Lucia, Barbados, Aruba, Jamaica which have not been affected. A stretch from NY but doable.

We are leaving out of NYC on 02/02/18 and feel the same. The itinerary will have to change and although the ports you mention may be a stretch, they may be the only viable alternatives to ports that will be overcrowded with ships from every line that has shorter cruises planned and will be swamping the Western ports. Only the longer cruises will be able to reach the ABC's and considering the more frequented ports may be out of the picture they may be a doable and welcomed change.

OMO

bosco

Its refreshing to know NCL reads their email and writes back to you. She replied within 15 minutes. I had a brief question about our 14 cruise on the BA and where it might end up. I'm sure she must be inundated with questions from other pax. Her email goes a long way with me.

Laszlo:

Unfortunately I cannot confirm at this time what the new itinerary will be. For the 11 & 14 days sailing we were not looking to turn those into western Caribbean itineraries but we now need to wait and see what impact Maria has before we can move forward. Our hope is to keep them as Southern Caribbean but I cannot make any promises.

We hope to have decisions made within the next week or so and will communicate.

Best,

Vivian 薇薇安

Vivian Ewart| Vice President, Passenger Services

North America and China

vewart@ncl.com

305-436-4011 | fax 305-436-4036

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

That is impressive!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We are leaving out of NYC on 02/02/18 and feel the same. The itinerary will have to change and although the ports you mention may be a stretch, they may be the only viable alternatives to ports that will be overcrowded with ships from every line that has shorter cruises planned and will be swamping the Western ports. Only the longer cruises will be able to reach the ABC's and considering the more frequented ports may be out of the picture they may be a doable and welcomed change.

OMO

bosco

I've mapped it out, the ABC's along with a stop in St Vincent, Barbados and St Lucia is very possible. I wouldn't even mind stopping in Jamaica in the way down

Breakaway 14 Day 2-2-18

That is impressive!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

WOW.. Thanks so much for showing us this message. There are a lot of us who seem to be in the same "boat".worried about what will happen with all the SOUTHERN Caribbean longer cruises..

Thanks to YOU and to NCL for presenting a little light at the end of the tunnel.

It shows NCL is doing all they can do to provide us with a safe and comfortable cruise experience while keeping as close as possible to the basic destination which will have to be altered.

bosco

WOW.. Thanks so much for showing us this message. There are a lot of us who seem to be in the same "boat".worried about what will happen with all the SOUTHERN Caribbean longer cruises..

Thanks to YOU and to NCL for presenting a little light at the end of the tunnel.

It shows NCL is doing all they can do to provide us with a safe and comfortable cruise experience while keeping as close as possible to the basic destination which will have to be altered.

bosco

Are you on our roll call? If not you should join, its a great bunch of people!

I've mapped it out, the ABC's along with a stop in St Vincent, Barbados and St Lucia is very possible. I wouldn't even mind stopping in Jamaica in the way down

Breakaway 14 Day 2-2-18

We're on the Jade for 10 days on Nov27th. out of Miami and hoping this itinerary is something that NCL would consider for us, the ABC's. Barbados and St. Lucia were already ports for us.

We got the letter too, so we're on a waiting period now.

[emoji1308][emoji1308][emoji1308]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Its refreshing to know NCL reads their email and writes back to you. She replied within 15 minutes. I had a brief question about our 14 cruise on the BA and where it might end up. I'm sure she must be inundated with questions from other pax. Her email goes a long way with me.

Laszlo:

Unfortunately I cannot confirm at this time what the new itinerary will be. For the 11 & 14 days sailing we were not looking to turn those into western Caribbean itineraries but we now need to wait and see what impact Maria has before we can move forward. Our hope is to keep them as Southern Caribbean but I cannot make any promises.

We hope to have decisions made within the next week or so and will communicate.

My wife & I are on the Dec. 18, 2017 10-day Jade cruise that had included Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Martin and Dominica. I'm guessing all four of those will now be replaced, which leaves only St. Lucia and Barbados from the original itinerary. We're rooting for some combination of the ABC's/Grand Cayman/Jamaica to replace at least some of those ports. Trinidad/Tobago would be a nice addition, too, since we've never been there. The only original port we're really going to miss seeing is Dominica, because we've also never been there before. Astonishing to see what Irma and Maria have done to these islands. Glad NCL seems to be trying their best to roll with the punches for their guests.

My wife & I are on the Dec. 18, 2017 10-day Jade cruise that had included Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Martin and Dominica. I'm guessing all four of those will now be replaced, which leaves only St. Lucia and Barbados from the original itinerary. We're rooting for some combination of the ABC's/Grand Cayman/Jamaica to replace at least some of those ports. Trinidad/Tobago would be a nice addition, too, since we've never been there. The only original port we're really going to miss seeing is Dominica, because we've also never been there before. Astonishing to see what Irma and Maria have done to these islands. Glad NCL seems to be trying their best to roll with the punches for their guests.

We have (had) the same ports but sailing 2 weeks before you.

I like the ports you're mentioning, hope NCL considers something like that for the new itinerary.

[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Sad to see the devastation that both Irma and Maria had left behind, never seen something like this.

It may not be a popular opinion, but since our Feb 24 cruise on the Escape cannot go the the usual ports, I'd love to see it go to Barbados and just stay there for a couple of days like they do with Bermuda cruises. It's probably the main reason why we would cancel if they changed it to a port intensive western cruise.

The southern islands are a bit of a stretch from Miami, but if they just did one or two, it would be doable.

Escape April 14th 2018 cruiser here - we got the email as well, so they are being REALLY proactive. I give them a world of credit for it. My DW and I are on the cruise with a wedding group. The wedding was (is?? fingers crossed) to take place in St. Thomas, but at this point the only focus is on the safety of the islanders. It's going to be interesting how this plays out but I really do hope nature chills with the storms and the rebuilding can begin.

We have a booked and almost paid for Western Caribbean cruise Jan 19th for 14 days. I am so wondering if our itineraries will be changed due to all the ships needing some of our ports. I have no problem with any changes but would like to know beforehand so we can figure out our excursions.

They are having enough problems changing Eastern and Southern cruises. I would be really surprised if they touch any of the Western cruises.

Doing the Epic over Thanksgiving.....got the email & have my fingers crossed they don't divert to Nassau...ugh. Anyone know if changing the itinerary allows you any additional cancellation options if you are not happy with the new ports?

Unless they make some special accommodation, they can change ports whenever they want, and for any reason and you are not entitled to anything. I doubt that you will be given any options.

over fly from Antigua shows the Rain Forests totally wiped out. Without those Dominica has little to offer to tourists.

I suspect some of the people who live there might take exception to your very general, and IMO inaccurate, statement.

Many on here keep mentioning the ABCs as an alternative. Remember most of the dock slips are already reserved by scheduled trips and the use of tenders is very limited there. I believe that this may really squeeze whet the cruise lines may go. No way the ABCs can accept all these cancelled eastern and southern cruises.

Our Southern Caribbean is in February 2018, and doing a quick search on http://cruisett.com/forum.php

the ABC's for the most part are as usual not that busy and when occupied it is usually with only one ship at a time. The Freewinds which is always there is off at a siding and does not occupy space where the larger ships dock.

I am sure NCL as well as any and all the others are busy looking into this and doing so with more insight and information than I have.

In any case they would seem to have at least a few options in the ABC's and others to satisfy most, especially with the understanding of all the problems to people and ports these weather disasters have caused..

bosco

I'm on the Dec 2 Eastern on the Escape. I got an e-mail today from NCL saying we will be going to Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Great Stirrup Cay, and Nassau.

Oh dear. How very disappointing. At least with Cozumel or Costa Maya on western, there are some nice beach clubs, but of course I know it can't be helped....

Wonder if that is likely going to be my itinerary now also, same sailing date, but on Epic..

If so, shall deffo be staying onboard! Never mind. Just longer to enjoy the ship.

Shall await my email. Thanks for info