New NCL advisement re itinerary changes Eastern Caribbean

Tangocherie

The new itineraries for the December 2 and 16 cruises are reasonable (posted above by abe3).

The new itineraries for the November 4, November 25, and December 9 cruises are also reasonable, though not quite as good. That itinerary is the same as the December 2 one above, except it's visiting Cozumel instead of Nassau. (I like Nassau better.)

The November 18 change is pretty lousy, though. It goes to Falmouth, Grand Cayman, and Costa Maya. No idea why that itinerary is so inferior to the other dates in November and December. Basically you're getting the lousy Costa Maya instead of BOTH Cozumel/Nassau and GSC.

I was originally booked on November 18. Glad I switched.

.....The November 18 change is pretty lousy, though. It goes to Falmouth, Grand Cayman, and Costa Maya. No idea why that itinerary is so inferior to the other dates in November and December. Basically you're getting the lousy Costa Maya instead of BOTH Cozumel/Nassau and GSC.

It being Thanksgiving week might have had something to do with it.

I have to say, I'm not much in favour of that itinerary. Obviously they are doing the best they can under extraordinary circumstances, but we have little interest in seeing those ports. Our Escape cruise isn't until February, so hopefully, according to the email we received yesterday, we will know our ports well in advance of final payment date.

Barbados Haiti and Martinique as well as San Juan are likely landing spots

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No such luck, they have changed the eastern itin to Falmouth Jamaica,grand cayman, cozumel and great stirrup cay, a big yuck! thanks NCl for trying to honor our eastern carib...instead we get the toilet ports of the carib:mad:

I am on the Dawn out of Boston Re position November 3 2017 to San Juan every port but one I think is a no go. I am open and do not care where they go just concerned about fly back to Boston from San Juan Nov 12 2017 I have the insurance on both cruise and the Flight I booked on Jet Blue.

Wonder just curious where they might preposition this ship if they do not go to San Juan :):):)

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands8:00 AM6:00 PM1WedPhilipsburg, St. Maarten8:00 AM6:00 PM0ThuSt. John's, Antigua8:00 AM6:00 PM0FriBasseterre, St. Kitts8:00 AM6:00 PM1SatTortola, British Virgin Islands8:00 AM6:00 PM1SunSan Juan, Puerto Rico (Flight Departure)6:00 AM

:):):)

No such luck, they have changed the eastern itin to Falmouth Jamaica,grand cayman, cozumel and great stirrup cay, a big yuck! thanks NCl for trying to honor our eastern carib...instead we get the toilet ports of the carib:mad:

I agree with you that these ports are not desirable. Not sure what else NCL could do. Most of Eastern Caribbean isn't in good shape. Not sure they can work in Southern Caribbean ports due to size of the ship. In a perfect world I would have loved to see Aruba or Barbados part of the updated itinerary.

We'll probably just stay on the ship in Costa Maya. I will do some Cuban cigar shopping in Grand Cayman and maybe we'll do an excursion in Jamaica.

Booked this trip for the ship anyway.

No idea why that itinerary is so inferior to the other dates in November and December

Take a look at the port schedules, when their are 4 slips for docking or space for tendering the 5th ship is out of luck. Its really that simple. NCL did the best they could with the openings they had

I am on the Dawn out of Boston Re position November 3 2017 to San Juan every port but one I think is a no go. I am open and do not care where they go just concerned about fly back to Boston from San Juan Nov 12 2017 I have the insurance on both cruise and the Flight I booked on Jet Blue.

Wonder just curious where they might preposition this ship if they do not go to San Juan :):):)

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands8:00 AM6:00 PM1WedPhilipsburg, St. Maarten8:00 AM6:00 PM0ThuSt. John's, Antigua8:00 AM6:00 PM0FriBasseterre, St. Kitts8:00 AM6:00 PM1SatTortola, British Virgin Islands8:00 AM6:00 PM1SunSan Juan, Puerto Rico (Flight Departure)6:00 AM

:):):)

We are also on this cruise and have gotten no corrispondance as to the itinerary changes including the final repo destination.

I would like to book airfare however I dont know where to book it from. I guess I will try to call NCL and see if they have any info. I would think they would take care of the cruises that are coming up quickly before the ones that are months out.

Mike

Our Southern Caribbean is in February 2018, and doing a quick search on http://cruisett.com/forum.php

the ABC's for the most part are as usual not that busy and when occupied it is usually with only one ship at a time. The Freewinds which is always there is off at a siding and does not occupy space where the larger ships dock.

I am sure NCL as well as any and all the others are busy looking into this and doing so with more insight and information than I have.

The availability of dock space in the ABC's as well as Martinique are changing rapidly. As I posted in a new thread yesterday (which has for some reason vanished) Celebrity cruise lines has already changed several of their Southern Caribbean itineraries and will now visit Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Martinique. I am sure RCCL will follow suit with any like itineraries.

Still no word from NCL?

bosco

The availability of dock space in the ABC's as well as Martinique are changing rapidly. As I posted in a new thread yesterday (which has for some reason vanished) Celebrity cruise lines has already changed several of their Southern Caribbean itineraries and will now visit Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Martinique. I am sure RCCL will follow suit with any like itineraries.

Still no word from NCL?

bosco

Nothing has been announced........that is not to say NCL isn't doing anything. Last email I received for my Feb 2nd (14) day cruise on the BA is to look for an announcement around the 29th of September

Nothing has been announced........that is not to say NCL isn't doing anything. Last email I received for my Feb 2nd (14) day cruise on the BA is to look for an announcement around the 29th of September

Dangerously close to the date when penalties kick in... I wish they would STOP selling the same itinerary on their website without at least a notice that it is impossible at this time...

bosco

I was looking into the Dawn for Dec 2 but is still shoes st marteen and st thomas. I agree afraid to book not knowing which ports will be substituted. What celebrity ships have changed to the ABC"S..Perhaps that could work..I must leave either dec1-3 for 7 or 8 day cruise.

The Celebrity site is a PIA and each of their itinerary changes must be viewed in separate PDF's that have to be searched for.

After going through the process I can tell you that in short they have changed several of their Caribbean cruises and have changed some of their Southern itineraries to now include Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Martinique..

The dates they have already booked into the ABC's and Martinique run from September to and including December of this year and I am sure they are in the process of seeking dock space there well into next year.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

Still no word from NCL?

bosco

I am hoping that NCL is getting in on these ports as well. Antigua is also an alternative to Martinique for Southern Caribbean itineraries.

It may not be a popular opinion, but since our Feb 24 cruise on the Escape cannot go the the usual ports, I'd love to see it go to Barbados and just stay there for a couple of days like they do with Bermuda cruises.

I think you are being premature in saying "our Feb 24 cruise on the Escape cannot go to the usual ports." I think it's wise to assume it will change, particularly given NCL being proactive and sending out those emails. But I'd like to make a plea to everyone to be careful with your words. It's easy to start spreading misinformation that hasn't even close to been confirmed. I think NCL wants to give people plenty of time to decide if they want to cancel before final payment is due. That will result in less negative press and fewer angry customers to deal with.

I think you are being premature in saying "our Feb 24 cruise on the Escape cannot go to the usual ports." I think it's wise to assume it will change, particularly given NCL being proactive and sending out those emails. But I'd like to make a plea to everyone to be careful with your words. It's easy to start spreading misinformation that hasn't even close to been confirmed. I think NCL wants to give people plenty of time to decide if they want to cancel before final payment is due. That will result in less negative press and fewer angry customers to deal with.

I hope any information given on this or any other site besides the official cruise line's is always verified...

bosco

No word from NCL yet, but someone on another thread had a Jamaica port schedule link posted and our 10-day Southern on the Jade in March is now doing at least Jamaica. Not happy about that one.

which cruise on the Jade and where did you see that?