New NCL advisement re itinerary changes Eastern Caribbean

Tangocherie

Wish Carnival would get on the ball as NCL has. Have Eastern Caribbean (St. Thomas, SJ) booked for January - no word yet...

My cousin is supposed to sail with them for her Honeymoon in 9 days and still doesn't have a new itinerary. I got my new itinerary from NCL for our 12/23/2017 7 day cruise on the Escape. I have been very pleased with NCL's work to keep us informed about the changes over the past 3 weeks and for their quick action to secure new ports. We are looking forward to the cruise and know that we will have a wonderful time.

I'm on the March 3rd as well but no email and nothing when I log in.

What does your letter say?

Probably the same as most, just a standard template:

"Norwegian Cruise Line is heartbroken at the terrible impact Hurricane Irma had on several islands in the Eastern Caribbean - ports that we have called on since the start of our 50 years in business, some of which are included in the itinerary that you are currently booked on.

In the wake of this devastating storm and as part of our recovery efforts, we are working closely with our partners on the ground to determine the best way to continue to provide relief to the areas impacted by and recovering from Hurricane Irma and to determine the extent of damage that it inflicted. We are anticipating that your current itinerary will be adjusted to ensure your comfort, safety and an outstanding guest experience. We expect having this information to you within the next two weeks as new ports of call are secured.

We appreciate your patience during this very difficult time. At Norwegian Cruise Line safety of our guests, crew and ships is our number one priority, and we hope you understand that these changes are necessary.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services"

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

I've read people say some ports are bad but listed 5 ports when they said it.

For clarity, are Great Stirrup Clay and Nassau considered bad?

Never been to Great Stirrup Cay since my upcoming cruise will be my first on Norwegian. But it's the Norwegian private island. So the beverage package works and complementary food is provided. Don't know why it would be considered a bad port since it's a free beach day or a selection of excursions if you prefer.

For Nassau, I've been a couple of times. It's a very frequent stop on cruises on their way to the Caribbean, so I think people are just bored with the place. For me, it's okay. But I've come to learn that I am not a fan of pushy island vendors and there is really nothing more historical or local areas of interest for me to see in Nassau. If my upcoming cruise on the Epic has a change to Nassau, I'll probably stay on the ship. Which is perfectly fine for me.

Grand Cayman has been updated with NCL ships now as well. My Dec 2 on the Epic now has Jamaica on Dec 4, Cayman on Dec 6, and keeps Great Stirrup Cap on Dec 8. At least according to the ship schedules at the individual ports. I am sure once all ports are secured, NCL will inform passengers of the changes.

Here is the Cayman port schedule:

https://www.caymanport.com/ship-schedules-calendar/

Never been to Great Stirrup Cay since my upcoming cruise will be my first on Norwegian. But it's the Norwegian private island. So the beverage package works and complementary food is provided. Don't know why it would be considered a bad port since it's a free beach day or a selection of excursions if you prefer.

For Nassau, I've been a couple of times. It's a very frequent stop on cruises on their way to the Caribbean, so I think people are just bored with the place. For me, it's okay. But I've come to learn that I am not a fan of pushy island vendors and there is really nothing more historical or local areas of interest for me to see in Nassau. If my upcoming cruise on the Epic has a change to Nassau, I'll probably stay on the ship. Which is perfectly fine for me.

Thanks for the info, much obliged.

Grand Cayman has been updated with NCL ships now as well. My Dec 2 on the Epic now has Jamaica on Dec 4, Cayman on Dec 6, and keeps Great Stirrup Cap on Dec 8. At least according to the ship schedules at the individual ports. I am sure once all ports are secured, NCL will inform passengers of the changes.

Here is the Cayman port schedule:

https://www.caymanport.com/ship-schedules-calendar/

Thanks for mentioning the Epic was showing up. Just checked the Feb. 24th sailing of the Epic and it's now showing we will be in Grand Cayman on the 28th instead of St.Thomas and Falmouth on the 27th instead of Tortola.

Interesting. I am booked on the January Escape eastern itinerary and as of this date have been told NOTHING about any new itinerary. I am sure it will change but if it has I would appreciate having heard it from the company as opposed to on some message board.

Sorry, I should clarify...I have not heard from NCL with an updated itinerary. Through information on here, I checked port schedules for Jamaica and GCayman and saw that our ship is scheduled in those ports Mon and Tues the week of our cruise. With the news now of St.Thomas reopening...who knows what will happen now. Not booking any excursions quite yet!

Where did you find this info out from ?

Sure hope your source is wrong , I’m booked on this cruise also

Yes you are correct. As well as Grand Cayman. Been to cayman and loved it a few times. But not Falmouth. Haven’t heard anything good about that place though

Yes you are correct. As well as Grand Cayman. Been to cayman and loved it a few times. But not Falmouth. Haven’t heard anything good about that place though

Being from New Brunswick, I can safely say that it will be better than Winnipeg in February :D

All kidding aside though, If those ports are eventually confirmed by NCL, we would take a long look at rebooking or doing an all-inclusive. If there is no confirmation prior to our final payment date, we will cancel and take our chances.

Sorry, I should clarify...I have not heard from NCL with an updated itinerary. Through information on here, I checked port schedules for Jamaica and GCayman and saw that our ship is scheduled in those ports Mon and Tues the week of our cruise. With the news now of St.Thomas reopening...who knows what will happen now. Not booking any excursions quite yet!

I guessed I missed it someplace, where did you get the official information on St Thomas re-opening soon?

It’s odd since we are in the Jan 6th cruise but states starting Jan 20th. I just emailed my CC to verify if the dates on the email sent to us also should include the dates prior to the Jan 20th Cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums