Interesting read!! Looks like St. Martin will be up and running November 11th.

divaofdisney

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/69678-first-cruise-ship-back-on-nov-11#.WcsTO72Ex78.facebook

Check this out!! I suppose they all realize the critical nature of getting this island back up and running. We are scheduled to go here on 12/10 and I would love to still go here if it is up and functional.

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/69678-first-cruise-ship-back-on-nov-11#.WcsTO72Ex78.facebook

Check this out!! I suppose they all realize the critical nature of getting this island back up and running. We are scheduled to go here on 12/10 and I would love to still go here if it is up and functional.

Thanks for the link.

November 11 is an important date for us in the US too.

Very good, but I hope they are not sacrificing help for the citizens in the process. I understand the economics of it as it will spread money into the local economy. I was expecting it to take at least the balance of 2017 to get things back to a semblance of normalcy.

Thanks for that! I wonder if St. Thomas will be up by February 2018 then?

My 12/10/17 Regal cruise was just changed from St. Maarten to Antigua. I really did not think that St Marrten would be open to cruise PAX so fast with all the damage they had.

Wow!! I really thought that St. Martin would be open, but you are right. For our 12/10 Regal Cruise- We will be going to Antigua according to the cruise personalizer- It is still blacked out and not yet open to booking excursions so I just wonder when they will open that up?? Any idea of how St. Thomas is doing and if this is likely to remain on our schedule?? It says according to article above it will be open but they have said that about St. Martin too. I guess it really doesn't matter we will go to wherever the ship goes and have a great time regardless.

My 12/10/17 Regal cruise was just changed from St. Maarten to Antigua. I really did not think that St Marrten would be open to cruise PAX so fast with all the damage they had.

How did you find out, did they send you an email?

Just wondering because we are sailing on the Royal over Christmas.

Wow!! I really thought that St. Martin would be open, but you are right. For our 12/10 Regal Cruise- We will be going to Antigua according to the cruise personalizer- It is still blacked out and not yet open to booking excursions so I just wonder when they will open that up?? Any idea of how St. Thomas is doing and if this is likely to remain on our schedule?? It says according to article above it will be open but they have said that about St. Martin too. I guess it really doesn't matter we will go to wherever the ship goes and have a great time regardless.

I have been looking at pictures on the web and there is just so much damage to the island. I just could not see the port opening up at that time. I kept thinking where are they going to get the building materials to fix it all. Because I would think that the island building supply stores were damage too.

We got a note from Princess that our 11/5/17 cruise will stop in St.Thomas.

Thanks for the link.

November 11 is an important date for us in the US too.

And for me personally as it's my birthday :). On a more serious note, am happy that St. Maarten is able to schedule its first cruise ship arrival since H. Irma. OTOH, I doubt that St. Martin on the other side of the island the 2 share is up and fully running yet. It took a more direct hit as the hurricane passed the north side of the island. I wonder if the airport has opened to passenger planes. That's so important for the resort business on the island.

We got a note from Princess that our 11/5/17 cruise will stop in St.Thomas.

Most likely wishful thinking on the part of Princess. Even if the ship stops at St Thomas (or St Marteen or ....) there will not be much to do as these islands were destroyed by the hurricanes. Transportation will be tight, many facilities closed or operating out of temporary shelters (e.g. tents) and other activities severely curtailed such as beach properties etc. I remember back in 2015 when Wilma decimated Cozumel. It was several years before they were able to recover even close to what they once were. There were boarded up buildings being redone, beach facilities repaired etc. and this on a small island a few miles off the Yucatan. The USVI and other islands are bigger and further from the mainlands requiring heavy shipping.