Breakaway heading to New Orleans

TheDougOut

And for the Breakaway repo from New York to New Orleans, I have sailed the Star repo from New York to New Orleans and the Dawn repo from Boston to New Orleans. They always go also to one or more of the ABC islands or Cartagena to make the trip legal.

We are scheduled on the Gem NYC to NOLA 10/28 to 11/11/18, but we have not received any notification about changes or cancelations. I would hope we would get first shot at the replacement repositioning cruise, probably at a higher price.

We are also booked on the repositioning cruise on the Gem in October 2018, and I have read that the transfer will be automatic, and all prices will be protected. That's good because we already have the gratuities added, and we also have the (free) beverage package with that service charge added. Those charges should stay the same as when we originally booked the Gem. I have heard that October 24 is the magic date to see Breakaway's itineraries and prices. I bet we'll hear from our travel agent before that date. I really think it's all going to be good.

How will the Breakaway get to NOLA? Will the TA from Copenhagen be changed or will there be a new cruise from NYC to NOLA? Would love that.

I think the itineraries all fit. Breakaway does the TA from Copenhagen on October 16, goes into dry dock, and on October 28 sails out of NYC on a 14-day repositioning to New Orleans . We are currently booked on what was to be the Gem's move to NOLA. It is my understanding our booking will be automatically transferred to Breakaway and all our prices are protected. There will have to be some cabin rearranging since the ships are different, but I think it'll all be good.

Quite a different experience between Breakaway and Gem -- not at all similar other than they are both NCL ships and will sail out of NYC.:(

The Breakaway will be sailing out of New Orleans as of 11-11-2018, as it's repositioning from NYC on a 14-day cruise through the Caribbean to New Orleans leaving NYC on October 28, 2018, and I will be on it. Currently booked on the Gem which will now stay in NYC. I hear there will be automatic transferring of bookings from Gem to Breakaway . It will all be good.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm on the 12/6/18 cruise and my cabin was switched over to the Breakaway over the weekend.

Yes, I logged into my NCL account Sunday and saw that my repositioning cruise had been moved to Breakaway and would leave Manhattan on October 27 instead of the 28th. Today I was able to see the complete itinerary, and it had some changes - a change of port from Bonaire to Tortola and two additional ports, St. Lucia and Cozumel. Nine ports altogether! All is good.

I only saw my changes because I logged in to my NCL account. It's all there, and it's all good.

I logged on to my account & saw the repo. Looks great. Logged on again to show DH & it disappeared!

Any help would be appreciated.

New itineraries out of New Orleans now showing on ncl.com

It's great there's some ten and eleven day trips but none go to anywhere new, no trips down to Panama or anywhere like that. Seems like NCL is catching RCL's lack of imagination ?

Might try one as a way of taking our first on a "megaship".

I called today after it was still showing I was on the Gem. I got it switched to the Breakaway--same category. I was unhappy because there are only two cabins like the one I want on the ship, and new bookings were being taken. I wish we were still going to Roatan, too. Belize City is a tender port--not good for people who use mobility chairs and scooters.

Noticed the repo is 15 days, the listed inside price is the same as it was when I put a deposit on the 14 day Gem repo. Going on the Jewel out of Vancouver instead, but it does look like a good cruise to NO for the price.

The "musical chairs" with the ships can be seen as both a good thing and a bad thing. I have no desire to do a Bliss-Alaska cruise but Bliss-Caribbean from Miami works for me (waiting to get future dates is frustrating).

Escape's Miami/NY life needs to coordinate with Bliss' Miami life. One of those 2 ships needs to be in Miami throughout the year. BA and Escape can do the same in NY. GA is a nice ship but it can't be the only NCL big ship sailing from Miami (summer 2018) for long periods of time. MSC Seaside (renovated terminal), RCCL Symphony OTS (new terminal), and even Carnival Vista will all be in Miami vs. Getaway.

Vista goes to Galveston September 2018!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just checking the NOLA itineraries. Good news (to me) they have some 3 port cruises. I love more days at sea! Bad news (again to me) on both 3 and 4 port cruises they have dropped Roatan. We have always enjoyed Roatan:(

That might be a deal breaker for us. One of our favorite parts on cruising the western Caribbean is stopping in Roatan. I love the idea of sailing out of New Orleans, it is so much easier for us, but I don't want to sail out of there to the western Caribbean if it going to just be the usual, Cozumel, Belize, etc ports.