Breakaway heading to New Orleans

TheDougOut

What does that have to do with the Breakaway and sailing out of New Orleans? :confused:

I think it was in reply to this statement....and even Carnival Vista will all be in Miami vs. Getaway. They were clarifying that the Vista is going to Galveston so wont be in competition with the Getaway.

Dave

I would be surprised if they did change it...I'm sure they paid Peter Max plenty for his design....and, the first NCL ship with a NYC theme, the Dawn, I believe still has it, after several major drydockings, and relocation to Boston.

If they changed hull art every time they moved a ship, that's all they would do. I agree - they aren't going to change it.

I would be surprised if they did change it...I'm sure they paid Peter Max plenty for his design....and, the first NCL ship with a NYC theme, the Dawn, I believe still has it, after several major drydockings, and relocation to Boston.

Dawn Did get New hull art last dry dock.:)

What does that have to do with the Breakaway and sailing out of New Orleans? :confused:

I referring to the post by Two Wheels Only who stated that Carnival Vista will be in Miami. I quoted the post I was referring to. Read the second paragraph. The Vista is not staying in Miami much longer. I think when you read Two Wheels Only’s quote in my post you will no longer be confused[emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hm. I'm currently booked on a 10 day Eastern Caribbean out of NY on the Breakaway, leaving 03/06/19. Does this mean I'm now on the Gem? I'm certainly not on the Breakaway, since it's in New Orleans until 04/07/19 now. I'm guessing the two ships are just switching places?

I thought I read earlier that the Breakway was leaving NY on 4/18 to be replaced by the Escape.

NO is on our cruise bucket list. Best to visit without kids I assume?

We actually visited with the kids and had an amazing time. Plenty to do with them during the day, but definitely best to do early night with them. We went with them to the french quarter during the day. It was fantastic!

I thought I read earlier that the Breakway was leaving NY on 4/18 to be replaced by the Escape.

yes, Breakaway is going overseas for a little bit for the summer but coming back to ny then to NOLA.

15day transition cruise from ny to NOLA: Oct 27 - Nov 11, 2018

Stopping at Caribbean ports No Martinique :(

Are domestic transition cruises popular?

or will there be fire sales close to sailing?

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. Just noticed they finally changed our reservation from Gem to Breakaway. We have 2 rooms, one balcony, one inside. The balcony room is okay, but the inside they gave us is awful, under a bar. They definitely didn't upgrade us in any way, if anything we have been downgraded. Also, they took off one of our "pick 2s." We booked with costco and they haven't updated it on their site yet so I don't know if the price is the same. Tempted to just cancel. Hate the idea of having to call and deal with it. Has anyone else been put in worse rooms?

Have your TA call and change your inside cabin (I did this with my cabin). I think you TA is going to have to sort out your issues; you should not lose anything or pay anymore for the change. I would look at the prices on NCL's website and if they or the perks are better, you might want to cancel and rebook.

I referring to the post by Two Wheels Only who stated that Carnival Vista will be in Miami. I quoted the post I was referring to. Read the second paragraph. The Vista is not staying in Miami much longer. I think when you read Two Wheels Only’s quote in my post you will no longer be confused

When Vista leaves Miami, Carnival Horizon (even newer than Vista) will fill the slot.

More new ships sailing from Miami for NCL to compete against. NCL should make sure that either Bliss or Escape (or both ;p) sails from Miami for any given week.

We actually visited with the kids and had an amazing time. Plenty to do with them during the day, but definitely best to do early night with them. We went with them to the french quarter during the day. It was fantastic!

yes, good advice...for kids there is the audubon zoo, the aquarium and the insectarium--just for starters...if they are pre-teens or older, there is the WWII museum...you can also do nearby excursions to swamp areas and plantation homes

• 3 weeks later...
just got off gem (11/21/2017 sailing).

capt said gem is now going to new Orleans in 2018.

it'll be breakaway and escape in ny. :o

i guess ncl thinks theres enough customers to support 10k passenger capacity a week?

Not sure I understand - the Breakaway is heading to the Baltic in the summer 2018 while the Escape is sailing out of NYC. It’s not scheduled for New Orleans until November (or is that when you meant?).

Edited by TheDougOut

i guess ncl thinks theres enough customers to support 10k passenger capacity a week?

The Gem was originally scheduled to transfer to NOLA. The Gem will remain homeported in NYC. NCL changed its mind and the Breakaway will be transferred to NOLA following its Drydock and series of cruises in Europe.

thanks for the info. didnt know this. always assumed the gem would be around to try out and the NCL site only shows her in NYC

• 4 months later...
NO is on our cruise bucket list. Best to visit without kids I assume?

Just got back in February, we went through a travel agent and spent 3 days in the ‘Nawlins. Let’s just say I’m doing it again in November. Took the Pearl last time, zero complaints. Recommend the bus tour of the city.