Sail and sign photo

Someone at RCI has come up with the bright idea that you should include your photo on your new sail and sign for new cruises. I have tried 15 different photos and have been unsuccessful in finding a photo that works. Until I do I cannot print my sail and sign pass.

Has anyone else had the same problem? By the way, I am diamond+

Rick

Someone at RCI has come up with the bright idea that you should include your photo on your new sail and sign for new cruises. I have tried 15 different photos and have been unsuccessful in finding a photo that works. Until I do I cannot print my sail and sign pass.

Rick

Uploading a photo is optional. You should be able to skip that part. They will take your photo at check-in.

Rick

You can print with out a picture loaded, just skip that step.

As far as an appropriate photo, just take a head and shoulders photo of yourself against a light colored wall. I just did it with my cell phone and then uploaded it. You can resize it as part of the process.

Rick

Rick - Sorry you are having a problem. Are the instructions different for specific C&A levels? Can't figure out how C&A status matters.

Luckily I've never had to upload a photo for the registration. We cruised in September and I don't recall our own photo being required.

Good luck

M

It's just a pre registration step you have the option of doing. I love doing anything cruise related so it gave me joy to do it as it was for my cruise. I'm a simple guy. I also don't understand why cruise status would have anything to do with this as well. But hey, I've been on 1 Royal cruise so what do I know.

I wonder why. They take our photos when they print our cabin cards.

If the uploaded photo is acceptable to the face recognition software, then they don't need to take your picture during check-in and you save around 45 seconds.

I wonder why. They take our photos when they print our cabin cards.

Not all ships are requiring you to upload a picture as part of your check in process. It is only the ships that are using the sea pass cards with the RFID chips, which currently are the Quantum class ships and harmony.

On these ships you do not receive your sea pass card at check in at the port, you get your sea pass when you go to your cabin. You use your set sail pass, to check in at the port, board the ship and make purchases on the ship until you can access your cabin and get your sea pass card. Each person prints their own set sail pass which has their individual information.

It is just a newer procedure on the newer ships. It really isn't hard to upload your picture and print your set sail pass.

I think what Mr D+ means is that he's printed out many S&S passes in the past and this one was very unfriendly, It also happened to us before our Anthem cruise. We used the extra passport photo to insert and it was not accepted. Go figure!

We just had our pictures retaken at the port............Bob is correct, it only added about 45 seconds for 3 of us.

Don't get frustrated, just let them do it. If a passport picture is not accepted........well I don't know what they want.:confused:

Rick - Sorry you are having a problem. Are the instructions different for specific C&A levels? Can't figure out how C&A status matters.

Luckily I've never had to upload a photo for the registration. We cruised in September and I don't recall our own photo being required.

Good luck

M

They asked for it on Harmony but i bypassed it and printed my set sail pass and they were fine when we checked in.

I think what Mr D+ means is that he's printed out many S&S passes in the past and this one was very unfriendly, It also happened to us before our Anthem cruise. We used the extra passport photo to insert and it was not accepted. Go figure!

We just had our pictures retaken at the port............Bob is correct, it only added about 45 seconds for 3 of us.

Don't get frustrated, just let them do it. If a passport picture is not accepted........well I don't know what they want.:confused:

I took my own passport picture a couple years ago. Submitted those with no problems

Typical Royal's consistency...........inconsistency! :cool::eek: