Symphony of the Seas Broadway Show

Don't know if this has been announced somewhere,and I missed it, or I have a scoop. Just returned from Allure on Sunday. One of the cast members of Mamma Mia said that Symphony would bring back Hair Spray. It is currently in rehearsal in the RC facility in Miami.

Don't know if this has been announced somewhere,and I missed it, or I have a scoop. Just returned from Allure on Sunday. One of the cast members of Mamma Mia said that Symphony would bring back Hair Spray. It is currently in rehearsal in the RC facility in Miami.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2547547

I will be interested to see if RCCL do the "full" version of Hairspray as it played on Broadway/Touring, or if they stick with the shortened "Vegas" version that originally played on the Oasis. From the release I am expecting a full redesign of the sets and staging compared to what was on Oasis, possibly using more digital scenery technology that has become available since then.

Regardless - I am glad to see this upbeat, fun and entertaining show return to RCCL and the Symphony!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2547533

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last week I sent an e-mail to Royal expressing my disappointment in rehashing Hair Spray on a new ship. I didn't threaten to cancel or anything like that. I also said I enjoyed Hair Spray, but wouldn't care to watch it again. Well, today I got a call from Royal telling me that there hasn't been anything finalized yet as to the show, and when it is, it will be posted on their website under the Symphony banner. I don't know if I believe them or not, but I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. It gives me hope anyway.

Last week I sent an e-mail to Royal expressing my disappointment in rehashing Hair Spray on a new ship. I didn't threaten to cancel or anything like that. I also said I enjoyed Hair Spray, but wouldn't care to watch it again. Well, today I got a call from Royal telling me that there hasn't been anything finalized yet as to the show, and when it is, it will be posted on their website under the Symphony banner. I don't know if I believe them or not, but I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. It gives me hope anyway.

Definitely seems like the case of someone in the customer service department responding to a customer complaint and only relying on their website for information.

They should have checked this website.

http://www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com/featured-shows/hairspray

I also saw Hairspray on Oasis and while it was fun, upbeat and very well done, IMHO, am very disappointed that with all of the promises of being WOWed with this new and supposedly innovative ship that they would do a "repeat".

We'll find out soon enough!😉

Ellen