drinking package - each adult have to purchase it - allure january 7 2018

This is how I read their post.

That you must buy a drink package to have even one drink on a cruise.

HUH???? Why should you not be able to BUY a drink?

And how to you know if someone that is not on a package, is drinking a drink obtained by someone with a package? Run around checking every person with a drink whether they have a package or not, then double checking if they paid for the drink.

Oh, BTW you can take drinks out of the lounges, so a non-package person, might still have a drink that they did not "pay" for.[/quote

RCCL is saying if 1 person buys the drink package then all in cabin over 21 has to. But people already are on here saying well I will just say I don't drink so they don't have to pay if there partner buys one. That is were I hope RCCL reads these boards . There are alot of people trying to share the package and pay 1 price. NOT all people but quite a few on here over the years bragging about it. When they do this then prices seem to go up to the ones that are honest. That's all I was saying

So, RCI flags the non-drinking person's account.

If they are sharing, WHY WOULD THAT PERSON BUY A DRINK????????????

Your comment makes NO sense.

I'm very angry about this. My friend I am traveling with is not going to get an alcohol package, and I usually do. Now neither of us will buy it, and I will be unlikely to buy very many drinks when I'm having to think about paying every single time. I hope they rethink this before March. I have two cruises booked for next year, but I'm rethinking my options beyond that.

I can see this happening to a lot of people.

And with a couple, the extra price may put a cruise our of reach.

My husband would like to get the Unlimited drink package, but I am not supposed to drink alcohol due to some prescription meds I take. Wonder if RC will make an exception?

Yes they will, it is one of their exceptions. You have to call RC and they can add the drink package to just one person in the cabin if you wish.

Just tell them one person doesn't drink. We just did in for our sailing on Harmony

I can see this happening to a lot of people.

And with a couple, the extra price may put a cruise our of reach.

Forcing more people to get the drink package will I believe hurt the bartenders and staff with not getting tips, which they depend on

Are people not reading what we are typing? They are not forcing everyone to buy it. You can just call and request the exception. It works. We did it. Sheesh. Relax and take in what we are saying. It's not this huge conspiracy y'all are making it out to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Forums mobile app

Drink package is currently on special. Only one reason RCI changed the policy to include adults in same cabin, was that folks were buying one, then getting drinks for others. Don't blame RCI, they are a business to make money. Blame those that thought they were clever.

Good price right now! $336.00

are people not reading what we are typing? They are not forcing everyone to buy it. You can just call and request the exception. It works. We did it. Sheesh. Relax and take in what we are saying. It's not this huge conspiracy y'all are making it out to be.

Sent from my samsung-sm-g928a using forums mobile app

^^^^^^^ this!

We are booked on the Harmony Jan 6, 2018. I purchased the drink package at $55. I just checked my booking and it still has just the one package for the 2 of us in our stateroom. Will they automatically add on the same package for my spouse? Will they do nothing and then when I walk on board and use my seapass card to get a drink, my husband automaticlly gets billed for the entire trip? How are they letting people know about his who already purchased the package before the new policy change? Am I 'safe' because I purchased it before the change?

I called my TA about this because i'm in the same situation, but said that i'd be grandfathered in since it wasn't like that when i bought the package.

Haven't really been keeping up with their announcements since my last cruise.

I never thought I'd say this but RCCL needs to suck it up and do what NCL does with the Free Drink Packages. I know its not really, they hide the price in other fees on your cruise. But if I don't see it, then I don't know about it. Or maybe single cruiser cabins, like NCL, so that everyone doesn't have to be forced to pay for something they won't be using. I've never found a single cruiser cabin on any of my RCCL cruises.

I will just use the "religious" reason in the future if I want to stay dry on a cruise.

So you think all the people who don't drink,including couples in the same cabin, should subsidize your drinking. I don't think so - why should drinks be included in the price - hard for many people to grasp, but not everyone wants a drink package.

There are solo cabins on some ships. I cruise solo, and am used to paying "double " pricing. I don't like it, but accept that that's the way it is.

Before you think I am anti drinking - no! I drink my share in the diamond lounge, use my free drinks on my Seapass card, and frequently buy whatever other drinks I choose to consume.

I just don't want my cruise fare to be increased to make it an all inclusive for alcohol.

The Diamond plus discount is 30% off and if one person does not drink and the other person purchased the package onboard and has called and placed an exception on their reservations . I am curious on how the ship will handle this ?

This is the result of the dishonest cheaters that try to share their package to save a buck. :mad::mad:

Hardly cheating , not every drinks that much , why can't it be shared ? Also allows young people to have easy access to drink . Blame RCI , they just want more money. People should just refuse, which you can and buy drinks as you go . Unless people are heavy drinkers , it will be cheaper.

The Diamond plus discount is 30% off and if one person does not drink and the other person purchased the package onboard and has called and placed an exception on their reservations . I am curious on how the ship will handle this ?

As I mentioned earlier, My friend called and bought the package, exception for the wife as she does not drink. They honored the 20% off online sale. Obviously not the same sale but a sale nonetheless. No problems. Very easy.

Edited by dwayneb236

Hardly cheating , not every drinks that much , why can't it be shared ? Also allows young people to have easy access to drink . Blame RCI , they just want more money. People should just refuse, which you can and buy drinks as you go . Unless people are heavy drinkers , it will be cheaper.

How it is "hardly cheating"? If you go to a buffet at a land based restaurant that charges per person, and take 2 (or more people), pay for one, then sneak the other person in the fire exit so they can eat without paying, you think that is "hardly cheating"? This is the same thing. You buy all you can drink for one person, then share that with somebody else, it is stealing, no matter whether you think the price is to high or not.

Traveling on Liberty of the Seas on February 11. Called RCCL about new drink policy and they had no problem allowing one person to purchase drink package. Our reservations were made previous to the change so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Got to take advantage of the 20% off as well.

As I mentioned earlier, My friend called and bought the package, exception for the wife as she does not drink. They honored the 20% off online sale. Obviously not the same sale but a sale nonetheless. No problems. Very easy.

You can post until you are blue in the face, or fingers, some people are just not going to grasp an issue that was settled many posts ago.

You can post until you are blue in the face, or fingers, some people are just not going to grasp an issue that was settled many posts ago.

Mr. Cruise Critic police my question was not about calling but about after you board and purchasing the package .

So to me the question has not been answered and thank you for being the cruise critic police and letting people know what they can and can not post.

Edited by Tony O

If you don't drink that much, don't get a package. It is cheating.

How does it give young people easy access?

I came out ahead with the package on my last cruise and I didn't have to drink much. It depends on how port intensive the cruise is and what you're drinking.

Mr. Cruise Critic police my question was not about calling but about after you board and purchasing the package .

So to me the question has not been answered and thank you for being the cruise critic police and letting people know what they can and can not post.

You may be chastising the wrong person here. I was the one that answered your post about the sale. I do admit your situation is different from my friends and I didn't pick up on that. But I never called you any names. I did make the comment about people not comprehending my explanation of my first hand experience, but that wasn't directed at you, which I felt was a legit question, I just misread it. Still legit though. After this, I'm the one that didn't comprehend. So my own post was directed at me.

I just called to purchase a drink package for just my husband for Anthem 1/19/18. I said that I will only need 1 DBP since I am pregnant and that was it. He didn't ask me a single question or ask for documentation. I'm glad it was easy.

You may be chastising the wrong person here. I was the one that answered your post about the sale. I do admit your situation is different from my friends and I didn't pick up on that. But I never called you any names. I did make the comment about people not comprehending my explanation of my first hand experience, but that wasn't directed at you, which I felt was a legit question, I just misread it. Still legit though. After this, I'm the one that didn't comprehend. So my own post was directed at me.

First I apologize if you thought it was against you as at least you were kind enough to share your experience.

The reply was a response that another poster who felt it was easier to insult others than answer the question.