drinking package - each adult have to purchase it - allure january 7 2018

The person I quoted was talking about people who don't buy the package on the grounds that they don't drink. He wants their accounts flagged so that if they do buy a drink they get flogged and thrown over the side.

Well before you start to fabricate what I actually said reread what I wrote. , I never said flogged and thrown over the side.

Edited by coops

This is how I read their post.

That you must buy a drink package to have even one drink on a cruise.

HUH???? Why should you not be able to BUY a drink?

And how to you know if someone that is not on a package, is drinking a drink obtained by someone with a package? Run around checking every person with a drink whether they have a package or not, then double checking if they paid for the drink.

Oh, BTW you can take drinks out of the lounges, so a non-package person, might still have a drink that they did not "pay" for.[/quote

RCCL is saying if 1 person buys the drink package then all in cabin over 21 has to. But people already are on here saying well I will just say I don't drink so they don't have to pay if there partner buys one. That is were I hope RCCL reads these boards . There are alot of people trying to share the package and pay 1 price. NOT all people but quite a few on here over the years bragging about it. When they do this then prices seem to go up to the ones that are honest. That's all I was saying

Edited by coops

I think I was the one that originated this portion, and was completely about if you call in for an exception, so only one gets the package, then I could see them flagging the one with the package for extra scrutiny- ie if you get a drink, then get another a minute later at another bar to hand to somebody else.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

My thoughts exactly. :)

My Oasis Jan 2018 sailing has the Deluxe Beverage Package on sale. It's the first time it has been on sale since we booked in March even when other sailings had a sale.$46 instead of $55. But also, both people have to book.

Earlier this year on constellation in the theatre i watched a group of 6 people share around 2 seapass cards in order to use the drinks package on them .im certain the waitets were aware of the scam but did nothing.

And this new policy won't stop that, unless all six guests were in the same cabin. My family is cruising in December. My in-laws are buying the package for the both of them. My wife and I are not, because there is no way we are going to drink $730 worth of booze in 7 days on top of the free drinks we get from our Diamond status every evening.

I am not saying we would do this, but there is nothing stopping us from having the in-laws buy drinks on their sea pass cards for others.

Hmmm I'm not sure what to do we can't cancel this cruise because we are going with our best friends. Hubby definitely needs the drink package, but I don't. It's $800 to add it for both of us, making the cost of the cruise over $3,000 for a balcony stateroom for 7 days before excursions, etc. Not a good value. Does anyone know how much bottles of wine are? Maybe we just need to buy him a bottle of wine each night, and have him bring the 2 allowed bottles on board. Are there any happy hour deals?

Hmmm I'm not sure what to do we can't cancel this cruise because we are going with our best friends. Hubby definitely needs the drink package, but I don't. It's $800 to add it for both of us, making the cost of the cruise over $3,000 for a balcony stateroom for 7 days before excursions, etc. Not a good value. Does anyone know how much bottles of wine are? Maybe we just need to buy him a bottle of wine each night, and have him bring the 2 allowed bottles on board. Are there any happy hour deals?

Bottles of wine start in the $30 range and go way up.

Hubby definitely needs the drink package, but I don't. It's $800 to add it for both of us, making the cost of the cruise over $3,000 for a balcony stateroom for 7 days before excursions, etc.

Perhaps you missed all the reports of people being able to buy just one package - call and ask to buy a single package for DH and you opt out for personal preference reasons.

It's a simple cost/benefit analysis. If you think that he is going to drink more than 8 drinks a day, then buy the packages. If not, it is cheaper to pay per drink.

Oh you are factoring in both buying it .. it's been said multiple times in this thread that an exception will be granted by calling Royal.. religious/personal grounds

Don't hold your breath. Probably not going to happen. You will have the choice of buying 2 packages or none. Same as all other cruise lines.

My Oasis Jan 2018 sailing has the Deluxe Beverage Package on sale. It's the first time it has been on sale since we booked in March even when other sailings had a sale.$46 instead of $55. But also, both people have to book.

However the price of those cruises now seem much higher than those from competitors. And I guess that means all adults do have to purchase the package after all!

FREE drink packages !!

Don't hold your breath. Probably not going to happen. You will have the choice of buying 2 packages or none. Same as all other cruise lines.
Royal published several exceptions- alcoholic, religious, or personal preference. You just have to call, can't do it online.

We had the soda package on our first cruise, albeit it was celebrity, and were require to both have the package. Since then we haven’t had packages that weren’t given to us.

Interesting to know about Celebrity.