drinking package - each adult have to purchase it - allure january 7 2018

why can't it be shared ?.

Because they specifically state on their website it can't be shared.

Here's an idea, let's all get together on our Roll Calls and just have one person buy it and the whole group can just share it. This is ok right??

Wow, that was fun.

:rolleyes:

Here's an idea, let's all get together on our Roll Calls and just have one person buy it and the whole group can just share it. This is ok right??

Wow, that was fun.

Why limit it to the Roll Call?

First I apologize if you thought it was against you as at least you were kind enough to share your experience.

The reply was a response that another poster who felt it was easier to insult others than answer the question.

My response was not directed at you. Dwayneb, has been posting almost the same info multiple times. I was just commenting to him that some people are just not going to get it, or don't want to get it. The same arguments against the policy are being posted over and over even though it has been shown that there are, indeed, exceptions to the policy. Sorry hat you took it personally. I don't think I'm known for being a police man around these boards.

Wow, that was fun.

:rolleyes:

Why limit it to the Roll Call?

Imagine 5600 people on Oasis using the same drink package!:eek::eek::eek:

I just tried to book drink package for navigator cruise in Jan and said I had to buy for all in the room

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is correct, if you do not want it for all, you have to call and use one of their exceptions.

So DW and I are D+, I am a booze hound/liquor pig and have no issue with purchasing a package. DW is moderate at best and was enjoying her 3 daily vouchers or visit to the diamond lounge during cocktail hours. This new policy not only completely eliminates the value of that perk but essentially doubles the cost of my package.

Now I have to either pay for 2 packages or get an exemption for my wife and buy hers a la carte with my sea pass and or buy drink cards when/if available.

For those who suggest it is the cheaters/sharing people that are the cause of the new policy I cannot understand your logic. If a person is going to intentionally buy one package for the purpose of sharing, that same person is now going to get an exemption for their cabin mate and still share the one package they buy.

So DW and I are D+, I am a booze hound/liquor pig and have no issue with purchasing a package. DW is moderate at best and was enjoying her 3 daily vouchers or visit to the diamond lounge during cocktail hours. This new policy not only completely eliminates the value of that perk but essentially doubles the cost of my package.

Now I have to either pay for 2 packages or get an exemption for my wife and buy hers a la carte with my sea pass and or buy drink cards when/if available.

For those who suggest it is the cheaters/sharing people that are the cause of the new policy I cannot understand your logic. If a person is going to intentionally buy one package for the purpose of sharing, that same person is now going to get an exemption for their cabin mate and still share the one package they buy.

It is not hard for you to get an exemption, and at that point, how is it different?

As for the cheaters being there cause, it is a theory, and a very plausible one Imo. While they can get the exception, I am sure many don't realize they can, and u would not be surprised at all if they flagged any account that asks for an exception for extra scrutiny on their drink orders.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

I just called 5 minutes ago and asked about my cruise in January and inquired about an exemption for personal reasons for the friend in my room as she truly doesn't drink. I was specifically told "no exceptions no matter what". Also asked if she could do the soda package, and I do deluxe answer was "if one person in the room has deluxe everyone over 21 must also have it". I have read every post on this thread so while some of you claim "it's so simple just ask for an exemption" No, in fact it isn't "that simple" Just goes to show it depends on who you talk to.

I just received this response about the drink package and exceptions on Twitter :

Hi, Tony. I’m sorry, but no exceptions are being made. If the other guest in the stateroom does not want the Deluxe Beverage package, then they’ll need to purchase the Refreshment package. -MC

I just received this response about the drink package and exceptions on Twitter :

Hi, Tony. I’m sorry, but no exceptions are being made. If the other guest in the stateroom does not want the Deluxe Beverage package, then they’ll need to purchase the Refreshment package. -MC

I think this has always been the case from what I can tell. Having to purchase the refreshment if they do not drink alcohol can be seen as expected imo.

I think this has always been the case from what I can tell. Having to purchase the refreshment if they do not drink alcohol can be seen as expected imo.

Not in my case I received the exceptions for my upcoming cruise and was able to get the alcohol package for my wife and just the coke package for me.

I asked also about those who received exceptions already. Their response was if it is noted on your booking prior to the change it will be honored.

Goes back to the depends who you talk to apparently. Some have reported they had to get a replenish package if they got an exception, others have heard no exceptions, and you were allowed with just a pop package.