How do Upsells work on Royal?

My cruise seems EMPTY- we are at about 70 days out and there are rows and rows of empty cabins - tons of suites open too. Maybe I will get lucky! I am happy with my cabin but a suite upsell could tempt me!

You do not have to wait for a call from the upsell fairy. I have many times upgraded myself to another higher catagory

of cabin when I see the pricing drop (which it will to fill a ship, especially after final payment). At times it was no extra charge, sometimes very little charge, and even more rare..less money than I paid for the lesser cat cabin (but no refund allowed). Just call your TA or RCI customer service to make the change.

You may end up with an upsell if you call about any other issue.

I had to call about something, and while on the phone, "By the way, would you like to upgrade to X class?" I asked if there was a charge for this, and, of course, there was. :)

I called yesterday because of kids sail free and also price drop on balconies. Called my ta and ask for the cheapest option with balcony aka guarantee......got call back from her, not only that I upgraded from inside k cabin to a balcony for less than $200.00 (4ppl) but they assigned us to D1 9 deck awesome cabin! Score !!!! We are very excited !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I tried once , how long before your cruise did you call??

I generally call if there is a big price drop, right after final payment date or a week before cruise date. Once I went from a OV balcony to an OS for $49. Another time I west from GS to RFS at no charge.

I generally call if there is a big price drop, right after final payment date or a week before cruise date. Once I went from a OV balcony to an OS for $49. Another time I west from GS to RFS at no charge.

Very cool, last 5 cruises and next couple I have a GS , would love to try a OS or RS, my cruise in 7 weeks has 1 OS left but there selling it for double what I paid for my GS, be happy to pay 500 extra per, should have booked OS when I booked cruise

FYI: if you move to a suite with a low cost up sell, or get a complimentary upgrade, you do not get the double points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Low cost up sell you do get points, complimentary you don't

I called the C&A line about 45 days before we we leave and was able to get a "W" Guarantee for $58, so we went from an E2 balcony to a JS for $58.

I assume in this case, you will get the double points for the JS. I've heard, and next experienced myself, if you get a call from the upsell fairy with a great deal they don't give you the double points. Am I wrong people? I did get a visit from the Upgrade Fairy into a JS, but got single points like I was expecting to.

Low cost up sell you do get points, complimentary you don't

I believe this changed a while back. If the upsell cost is less than full price (what is currently shown on the website), they no longer give the extra points.

The last time I started out in a non suite was 2015. I had a balcony. Paid a very small amount to upgrade to a suite. I did get double points. Since then I have started out in a JS and upgraded (so I was subject to dbl points to start with), so not sure about the current policy.