Quick! Are small scissors allowed?

Packing for our next cruise in 3 days and my daughter asks if my small scissors that I keep with my toiletries will be allowed. They are 4-5 inches long with about a 1.5 inch blade. I've probably taken them in the past without realizing it (because they stay in my bag all the time), but now I'm second guessing myself...

Just need a quick response so I can finish packing! Thanks!

Packing for our next cruise in 3 days and my daughter asks if my small scissors that I keep with my toiletries will be allowed. They are 4-5 inches long with about a 1.5 inch blade. I've probably taken them in the past without realizing it (because they stay in my bag all the time), but now I'm second guessing myself...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

We have taken small scissors without any problems. Bob has already posted a link to official policy and that will carry more authority than our individual experiences but ...

I have learnt recently that packing items that are likely to attract attention by security could cause your luggage to be intercepted and you could experience delays. So not sure if it is sound advice but I would put the scissors in my hand luggage. That way if the scanner red flags, they can check when you go through security. If you put it in your hand luggage, they may hold onto your luggage. It takes a long time before informing you and you need to go down to open up the suitcase.

I have had my tiny scissors confiscated at the airport. So if you are flying, I would pack them in your checked luggage.

Yeah, right!

go figure.

Charles

Small scissors <4inches allowed as others noted already............but then you go to dining room and they hand you those 10 inch lethal pointed machetes to carve your meat.....makes no sense.