Chops grill

We just got back from Orlando this week, we did go to Charleys Steakhouse it was very good, huge portions but I would suggest Ocean Prime.

Thanks.

30 visits in 25 years to Orlando but we have always ate in the tourist areas on highway 192, International Drive,and Lake Buena Vista and we have never seen these places but i have recorded all your kind recommendations and we will check them out next year.

Thank you everyone.

Kindest Regards.

Graham & , Pauline.x

Thanks for information.

I checked the ruth Chris on west sandlake road on Google and it looks lovely.

We always turned onto i4 from sand lake road down to LBV so never went past these steakhouses but next time we come to Orlando we will check them out.

Graham.

My husband travels to Orlando often for work. He says the Palm is pretty great for steak. And he says if you want less fanfare (not fancy but good) try Linda's la Cantina.

We enjoyed Chops on Explorer. It was $35pp when we booked online, and $39pp on the ship. There were no upcharge items at all available on the menu when we went last week. It was four courses: appetizer, soup/salad, meat & sides, and dessert. Service seemed no better than the main dining room, and we were left waiting for the check at the end for awhile (and it was only for a wine corkage fee for a bottle we brought on board).

I don't eat steak, but my husband does. He said it was well worth the money, but nowhere near the best steak he has ever had (probably as he is a steak connoisseur and has tried all the top steakhouses in Seattle, which can cost over $100 just for the steak alone). The shrimp I had was pretty good, but not really worth the upcharge - we went mainly for my husband. He also really enjoyed the prime rib in the main dining room, which was served twice on the cruise (first night, and second formal night); he doesn't get that very often though as its pretty impossible to make prime rib at home for one. He didn't try the daily steak option nor the upcharge steak option in the dining room though.

The other courses (especially dessert - the warm chocolate cake, and the appetizer goat cheese salad) were better than the main dining room, but we enjoyed the main dining room as well. I was surprised how small Chops was - maybe only 15 tables? They also appeared to have some open spots as I saw folks walking around with signs for each specialty restaurant (although most often, Izumi) all week in the buffet and dining room, although thankfully they didn't do any verbal pitches.

Edited by tortoisegirl

My husband travels to Orlando often for work. He says the Palm is pretty great for steak. And he says if you want less fanfare (not fancy but good) try Linda's la Cantina.

Thanks for that, i think after Disney and the shopping we have had our blinkers on because we have stopped in the tourist areas and the 2 you mentioned i have never seen even though i probably drive around 500 miles during the week mostly to the shopping malls.

We enjoyed Chops on Explorer. It was $35pp when we booked online, and $39pp on the ship. There were no upcharge items at all available on the menu when we went last week. It was four courses: appetizer, soup/salad, meat & sides, and dessert. Service seemed no better than the main dining room, and we were left waiting for the check at the end for awhile (and it was only for a wine corkage fee for a bottle we brought on board).

I don't eat steak, but my husband does. He said it was well worth the money, but nowhere near the best steak he has ever had (probably as he is a steak connoisseur and has tried all the top steakhouses in Seattle, which can cost over $100 just for the steak alone). The shrimp I had was pretty good, but not really worth the upcharge - we went mainly for my husband. He also really enjoyed the prime rib in the main dining room, which was served twice on the cruise (first night, and second formal night); he doesn't get that very often though as its pretty impossible to make prime rib at home for one. He didn't try the daily steak option nor the upcharge steak option in the dining room though.

The other courses (especially dessert - the warm chocolate cake, and the appetizer goat cheese salad) were better than the main dining room, but we enjoyed the main dining room as well. I was surprised how small Chops was - maybe only 15 tables? They also appeared to have some open spots as I saw folks walking around with signs for each specialty restaurant (although most often, Izumi) all week in the buffet and dining room, although thankfully they didn't do any verbal pitches.

Good post.

If your interested in just getting the 9 ounce filet mignon (which I highly recommend) you can order it for only $16.95 when you're eating in the MDR off that menu. At least on Oasis you can.

I have done that a couple of times and it was lovely but you do have a longer wait than normal if you order it.

Upcharge for shrimp in Chops?

Upcharge for shrimp in Chops?

Nope. There were no up charge items on the menu, but you pay the flat entry cost per person whether you order steak or not (there were also chicken and a couple fish options on the menu, not just steak). I should have said "charge" not "upcharge", as I meant the $35pp we paid.

Chops on the Oasis was $40 each and they added $18 Tip to the bill for a total of $98 for 2 people.

Then they requested an extra tip because the $18 does into a pool for all the dining staff. My New York wasn't that good. Better than the main dining room but it really was tasteless,

I won't pay that again

Chops on the Oasis was $40 each and they added $18 Tip to the bill for a total of $98 for 2 people. ...

Are you sure they added 18% to the Chops bill, and the regular price wasn't $49 per person? I've not heard of them adding gratuity to a specialty restaurant charge.

Edited by Host Clarea

Are you sure they added 18% to the Chops bill, and the reguler price wasn't $49 per person? I've not heard of them adding gratuity to a specialty restaurant charge.

I wonder if it was tax? This was added to our room service $7.95 to make it $8.56 on Freedom in June out of Barcelona.

If it was gratuity that was naughty because tip is supposed to be included but personally i always tip $10-20 dependent on how good the service and food was.

I wonder if it was tax? This was added to our room service $7.95 to make it $8.56 on Freedom in June out of Barcelona.

If it was gratuity that was naughty because tip is supposed to be included but personally i always tip $10-20 dependent on how good the service and food was.

Good point, might have been the VAT.

It's closed, now a Chinese buffet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, sorry I didn't realize that. I hadn't gone in the last few years, but used to go frequently when I lived in the Orlando area. Now, when I go to Orlando, I go to Maggiano's, but that's not a Steak House.

Thanks for telling me about Charley's.

Nope. There were no up charge items on the menu, but you pay the flat entry cost per person whether you order steak or not (there were also chicken and a couple fish options on the menu, not just steak). I should have said "charge" not "upcharge", as I meant the $35pp we paid.

Thanks for the clarification as I was concerned.:D

I would go to Charley's Steak house on OBT in Orlando. It's a great place for steak.

That location closed, the only Charley's location left in Orlando is on International Drive. Talk of the Town restaurant group owns Charley's Steak House, Vito's Chop House, Moonfish, Fish Bones, and Johnny's Hideaway in Lake Buena Vista.

All great choices.

Edited by dreadpirate3