First night done right - Chops?

Is it possible to eat in Chops for the first night done right deal?

I booked the FNDR deal for our cruise on the Serenade and when we got on the ship I called and asked for Chops that night. Interestingly, they did not have any reservation for us in their computer for FNDR. I thought RC pre-booked you at a specific restaurant but that was not the case for us.

We did the 40% off for 3 nights at specialty restaurants you can get from the people walking around on embarkation day on Oasis a couple weeks ago. Then walked up to Chops and made a resv. for that night at the time we wanted. No issues....

As I understand it now, the only restaurants (on the Oasis at least) that the $15 FNDR apply to are Giovanni's and Sabor.

I was told (by RCI Crown & Anchor) I can change to Chops or 150, but would only be entitled to 50% off the normal rate.

They will credit the $15 PP charge to our account and then charge the 50% off rate depending on the restaurant chosen.

We were very lucky on our March 2017 Oasis cruise where our FNDR dinner which we changed the resy to 150 was kept at the $15 FNDR rate.

As I understand it now, the only restaurants (on the Oasis at least) that the $15 FNDR apply to are Giovanni's and Sabor.

I was told (by RCI Crown & Anchor) I can change to Chops or 150, but would only be entitled to 50% off the normal rate.

They will credit the $15 PP charge to our account and then charge the 50% off rate depending on the restaurant chosen.

We were very lucky on our March 2017 Oasis cruise where our FNDR dinner which we changed the resy to 150 was kept at the $15 FNDR rate.

Just got off Oasis today and what you said about the up charge for Chops and 150 is true. We chose to eat a Giovanni's and ordered the filet steak and it was just as tender or even better than what we have had at Chops.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Just got off Oasis today and what you said about the up charge for Chops and 150 is true. We chose to eat a Giovanni's and ordered the filet steak and it was just as tender or even better than what we have had at Chops.

I prefer the filet at Giovanni's over the filet at Chops.

We were also on the Oasis this past week and had our invite in our cabin for Sabor. I called and changed it to Giovanni's. If you don't like Mexican food or sitting on metal chairs for dinner, skip Sabor.

We also ordered the steak and it was fantastic.

We were also told that on the Oasis, only Sabor and Giovanni's is offered for FNDN.

I find the FNDN online to be borderline false advertising. The promo online does not say, at designated specialty restaurants only. It leads you to believe the promo is for any of the specialty restaurants on board.

It does say "prices starting from* $15" The asterisk information at the bottom reads:

* Prices are per person unless otherwise noted and shown in USD. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity.

We did this promo on the Oasis in January 2017. Heard of a controversy due to this promotion prior to our cruise, so they were letting the $15 price stand for Chops. Guess we were lucky. Since then seems they've used the above small print to make an up charge for Chops.

I know it isn't much more if you really want to go to Chops. It isn't like Royal is twisting my arm to do any of the specialty restaurants. Just wish their cruise planner was more specific with the details.

Thanks to those who posted about the fine print of this promotion discovered once on board.

OK...frustration over. Thanks for letting me "tell you how I really feel" LOL! :)

... Just wish their cruise planner was more specific with the details. ...

Totally agree, I also think it's deceptive. That seems to be a pattern with RC.

Another example is the coffee card where they don't disclose that large beverages will cost more than one punch.

Agree that the offer is deceptive but it is still a good deal on the Oasis class ships where Chops costs almost $50pp (ridiculous on a ship where you have already paid for food).

So 50% off brings the cost of Chops down to almost where Giovannis is without discount and at a price I will pay ONCE.

Let me see if I have this right. 150 Central Park is listed on my Oasis cruise planner at $45. If I wanted to do FNDR at 150 Central Park, it would cost me an additional $7.50 pp (half of $45 is $22.50 lest the $15 already paid).

Is that correct? And what would my 11 year old son cost (no FNDR payment yet)?

Thanks.

We were assigned Chops for FNDR on 25 June this year. We already had Sabor and Giovanni's Table booked for later in the week so we were pretty happy. The letter we received in our cabin said "We would like to thank you for choosing First Night Done Right as your first dinner option. As a special courtesy you have been booked for tonight's dinner in the most popular venue onboard Chops Grille, and we are looking forward to seeing you there. To confirm time of your reservation please dial 7000'

We'll be cruising on the Anthem in late January and I was looking at the BOGO 2 nite package for $30 per. What has been the experience as to what restaurants is included in the promo. Also, can one of the dining night be changed to a later night other than the 1st 2 nights.