Ok to leave our chair for 30 to 45 minutes lunch or go for a walk?

Produce123

The only thing that happened to us when we left our chairs is some idiot stole my hubbys flip flops on the Caribbean princess [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why would anyone want to wear someone else's flip flops? Must have thought they were his. Or drunk.

I know it must be a pain for the staff, but if they are going to post the 40 minute rule, I wish they would enforce it. I know others have said some do, but I've never seen it. And my honey and I have had difficulty finding two chairs together to relax in for a bit, anytime after 9am on a sea day. I don't want to risk confrontation by having to move aside personal belongings or ask the staff to do so. So now my husband knows it's a pet peeve of mine and has told me he's going to go out at 6 and grab 2 chairs. I REALLY don't want him to do that, because it's not fair and I don't want to be a hypocrite, but he is set on it. Ugh. Maybe we'll just have to hang out on the balcony.

Some ships are better than others. We're going back to the Sunshine next, during spring break, and the last two Sunshine cruises during summer were rampant with CHOGGING.

Boy, do I have a story to share I was on Anthem of the seas in June 2017. I went to the pool around 11am. All the prime chairs, was taken there was 2 chairs with towels on them. And couples sitting on both sides on these empty saved with towels chairs I ask the people sitting how long had the folks been gone they said a man came around 6am said hello put his towels down never came back. Now Anthem has 30 mins you can save a chair. I took those towels put them behind me and sat my cruise mate came about 15in after me and we was sitting talking to the people that had been there for about 1 hour here comes the guy that had placed the towels down at 6am. He asked where was his stuff I handed it to him he wanted to know who moved them. He threw them back down on my chair went and got security after arguing with me. Security took my statement ask for my room number the people sitting on either side of us witness what time the man left the towels. And this went on for about 2 hours the wife showed up very upset complaining to security for hours . Finally security found 2 more chairs from somewhere and placed them on the other side of the pool facing us. And the wife was mean mugging us instead of enjoying the great seats she had from being persistent although wrong. Now I am getting scared cuz we stood our ground was not moving and they was really mad. I have never seen anything like it. I thought they might follow us to our cabin

And we had the nice people that had been sitting there come to out defense. I don't think I will do that again it was not worth it. I was on a 9 day cruise and was scared that those people was coming after us. The people sitting there already was so nice and told me not to worry. My friend and I sat there for hours. With the mean people across mean mugging us. It's funny now but I was scared at the time but we was not giving up those seats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

I've always been afraid of something like this happening. The few times I have decided to go ahead and remove something from a chair that was obviously not in active use I also moved the chair a bit so it wouldn't necessarily be clear that I was the "culprit"!

Boy, do I have a story to share I was on Anthem of the seas in June 2017. I went to the pool around 11am. All the prime chairs, was taken there was 2 chairs with towels on them. And couples sitting on both sides on these empty saved with towels chairs I ask the people sitting how long had the folks been gone they said a man came around 6am said hello put his towels down never came back. Now Anthem has 30 mins you can save a chair. I took those towels put them behind me and sat my cruise mate came about 15in after me and we was sitting talking to the people that had been there for about 1 hour here comes the guy that had placed the towels down at 6am. He asked where was his stuff I handed it to him he wanted to know who moved them. He threw them back down on my chair went and got security after arguing with me. Security took my statement ask for my room number the people sitting on either side of us witness what time the man left the towels. And this went on for about 2 hours the wife showed up very upset complaining to security for hours . Finally security found 2 more chairs from somewhere and placed them on the other side of the pool facing us. And the wife was mean mugging us instead of enjoying the great seats she had from being persistent although wrong. Now I am getting scared cuz we stood our ground was not moving and they was really mad. I have never seen anything like it. I thought they might follow us to our cabin

And we had the nice people that had been sitting there come to out defense. I don't think I will do that again it was not worth it. I was on a 9 day cruise and was scared that those people was coming after us. The people sitting there already was so nice and told me not to worry. My friend and I sat there for hours. With the mean people across mean mugging us. It's funny now but I was scared at the time but we was not giving up those seats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

Well I do this all the time, but the trick is, one, don't admit it, and two, don't leave their stuff at the chair. I always toss it on anther chair.

Maybe one of the 2 of you could go get something to eat and then come back and take turns. My husband can eat lunch in about 15 minutes, I on the other hand take longer, so we each go and get our food and sometimes bring it back to our chairs and eat there. We don't usually use the chairs in serenity all day long but on sea days enjoy just relaxing out on deck so I feel like we have as much right to use the chairs as everyone else.. This way one of us is always there to safeguard our belongings and towels. We don't go out and place towels to save chairs though, just usually walk around until we see some available.

Sit where and when you want.....if people come out late and want the seat you got up early for and are truly sitting there....going for lunch and right back......ignore it all and enjoy yourself.....I will be there by 6:30 am and place my towel....go get my coffee and start my day reading and listening to music in my chair by the pool....all day long!

Sit where and when you want.....if people come out late and want the seat you got up early for and are truly sitting there....going for lunch and right back......ignore it all and enjoy yourself.....I will be there by 6:30 am and place my towel....go get my coffee and start my day reading and listening to music in my chair by the pool....all day long!

Good for you! You're the type of cruiser that gives everyone a bad name - worried about no one. Go for yourself. NO one else matters!

Simply sitting in my chair....simple as that....and you're pissed??? Oh well.....at least i sit in my chair and grab a bite and bring it back too.

If your gone for an hour plus i agree....otherwise enjoy your cruise as I will!

Simply sitting in my chair....simple as that....and you're pissed??? Oh well.....at least i sit in my chair and grab a bite and bring it back too.

If your gone for an hour plus i agree....otherwise enjoy your cruise as I will!

I'm not pissed. I don't sit around the pool. I hate people with the attitude that you present. ME, ME, ME - as if you're on your own private yacht.

Its not me, but it a vacation that I enjoy and being around the pool with my wife.

I'll be glad to point out others that don't come back and to help others.

This about our 30th cruise and we respect everyones right and view.

Im not good at writing emails either.

All I'm saying is out routine is early to the pool and we leave early afternoon.

Being on the meds and sun don't always agree so we are out early.

Sorry if I come across the wrong way.

But what the person asked was fair to do imo.

I was on a Princess cruise with a friend and had attendant remove belongings from chair that was vacant . Mother of 17 year old was saving while he was still sleeping at 1 pm. Accused me of removing towel. Words were exchanged then Grandmother got involved but I got to keep the chair. They left pool area. Really.....

saving at 1 pm for a sleeping teen.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

To me the answer is simple you have the chair/lounger while you are using it. It is one thing to go to the restroom or to take a dip in the pool. However if you are going to lunch, to explore the ship back to cabin. Sorry you are not using it you lose it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not pissed. I don't sit around the pool. I hate people with the attitude that you present. ME, ME, ME - as if you're on your own private yacht.

He never presented a Me, Me, Me attitude! He said, he gets his chair early, only leaves chair to grab lunch and bring it back to chair to eat and enjoys sitting by pool for the day. Not sure why you think this is wrong?!!

Pat

He never presented a Me, Me, Me attitude! He said, he gets his chair early, only leaves chair to grab lunch and bring it back to chair to eat and enjoys sitting by pool for the day. Not sure why you think this is wrong?!!

Pat

I totally agree with this! This is what I do as well as many other passengers. I see no problem.

To me the answer is simple you have the chair/lounger while you are using it. It is one thing to go to the restroom or to take a dip in the pool. However if you are going to lunch, to explore the ship back to cabin. Sorry you are not using it you lose it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry but Carnival authorizes people to leave their chair for 40 minutes while still retaining it. What the people do in that 40 minute period is up to them. Carnival's house, Carnival's rules.

Its not me, but it a vacation that I enjoy and being around the pool with my wife.

I'll be glad to point out others that don't come back and to help others.

This about our 30th cruise and we respect everyones right and view.

Im not good at writing emails either.

All I'm saying is out routine is early to the pool and we leave early afternoon.

Being on the meds and sun don't always agree so we are out early.

Sorry if I come across the wrong way.

But what the person asked was fair to do imo.

I think they read your post wrongly.