Symphony debut is pending sans ellequance

Jsipes

Was very surprized to see family 8 person suites with Slides, 2 level rock climbing wall, air hockey table, etc. Reminds ( seriously) you of a McDonalds Playroom with all the nets full of balls and tube slide. Who would ever want to book a 7 or more day relaxing cruise in such an envioronment. Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it. Sorry Royal Carrib, I am afraid you are catering to the wrong crowd with this....whatever happened to Elegant, romantic, relaxing cruising ?

Edited by Host Clarea

There is only one cabin like this on Symphony, and I am willing to bet they wouldn't have built it if there wasn't a demand for it. Kids and relaxing don't seem to go together (I have no kids but my sister has four).

My SUV came standard from the factory with four rear seat monitors for DVD/games, and each monitor can display something different. Granted it is the top of the line trim level (there is no option to delete the monitors) but it seems to speak volumes about what people in general want for their kids these days - keep 'em entertained 24/7. Having no children myself, the monitors will go unused and we will never book the ultimate family suite on the ship either. The downside for us is that Royal eliminated two regular Crown Loft suites to make room for this new one, so with fewer CLs on Symphony versus the other ships it may be slightly more difficult/expensive for us to get one in the future.

Was very surprized to see family 8 person suites with Slides, 2 level rock climbing wall, air hockey table, etc. Reminds ( seriously) you of a McDonalds Playroom with all the nets full of balls and tube slide. Who would ever want to book a 7 or more day relaxing cruise in such an envioronment. Even the most liberal, social media, gum chewing mind could not be at ease after a few days with kids in this jungle gym suite. Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it. Sorry Royal Carrib, I am afraid you are catering to the wrong crowd with this....whatever happened to Elegant, romantic, relaxing cruising ?

Try a transatlantic cruise on a Radiance class ship!

Was very surprized to see family 8 person suites with Slides, 2 level rock climbing wall, air hockey table, etc. Reminds ( seriously) you of a McDonalds Playroom with all the nets full of balls and tube slide. Who would ever want to book a 7 or more day relaxing cruise in such an envioronment. Even the most liberal, social media, gum chewing mind could not be at ease after a few days with kids in this jungle gym suite. Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it. Sorry Royal Carrib, I am afraid you are catering to the wrong crowd with this....whatever happened to Elegant, romantic, relaxing cruising ?

Asinine post. It's 1 room on a ship with 2700 plus rooms.

Surprised there aren't many more one off themed rooms that I am sure they get crazy bucks for. Jungle Love anyone?

If it doesn’t appeal to you then you don’t have to book it. It’s literally the only suite of its kind in the entire fleet.

The existence of this suite 100% does not affect you, so I’m confused why you felt it necessary to complain about it? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is only one cabin like this on Symphony, and I am willing to bet they wouldn't have built it if there wasn't a demand for it. Kids and relaxing don't seem to go together (I have no kids but my sister has four).

My SUV came standard from the factory with four rear seat monitors for DVD/games, and each monitor can display something different. Granted it is the top of the line trim level (there is no option to delete the monitors) but it seems to speak volumes about what people in general want for their kids these days - keep 'em entertained 24/7. Having no children myself, the monitors will go unused and we will never book the ultimate family suite on the ship either. The downside for us is that Royal eliminated two regular Crown Loft suites to make room for this new one, so with fewer CLs on Symphony versus the other ships it may be slightly more difficult/expensive for us to get one in the future.

Ha ha...so true. Kids do not equal relaxing when they are young. But the room would be a blast and real treat for them. Only downside is it might be hard to get them to want to leave the stateroom.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Don't book it if you couldn't relax in it. I'd like to book it for myself, looks like a lot of fun to me. I'm sure it is much more expensive than I'd ever pay for it though.

I'm guessing it'll appeal to the type of parent that works long hours on a high salary job, doesn't get to spend much time with their kids so wants to get as much quality time as possible when on vacation.