Update on St. Thomas

BarbinMich

Didn't consider it a political comment - it was simply a fact. I hope the applied resources are getting things back to order.

U

Your commentary about the “MSM” making Trump look bad was absolutely political commentary, and you know it. As others have said, your political commentary is unnecessary, and your denying the facts of your own posts do not need the help of any media to make you look bad.

U

Your commentary about the “MSM” making Trump look bad was absolutely political commentary, and you know it. As others have said, your political commentary is unnecessary, and your denying the facts of your own posts do not need the help of any media to make you look bad.

It seems a little silly to blame the media.

It was god who created the hurricaines. Clearly he is to blame.

I'm still waiting to hear the good news that is not being reported...

It seems a little silly to blame the media.

It was god who created the hurricaines. Clearly he is to blame.

I'm still waiting to hear the good news that is not being reported...

OK, just have to say. There is good and evil in the world...and free choice. God is love and good...all the goodness in the world is of God. He did not create the hurricanes. Shame on you. Hopefully you were joking.

U

I don't think he needs any help to make himself look bad, he's doing a stellar job on his own;)

What I'm trying to figure out is how a 2 man company run out of the owners house in Montana was awarded a 300 million contract to restore Puerto Rico's power grid? How did that happen? Must be fake news too.

OK, just have to say. There is good and evil in the world...and free choice. God is love and good...all the goodness in the world is of God. He did not create the hurricanes. Shame on you. Hopefully you were joking.

I'm pretty sure my homeowners insurance refers to "Acts of God".

I believe this is a common term referring to natural 'disasters' such as hurricaines,

which is what caused the damage in St. Thomas and Puerto Rico.

I'm pretty sure my homeowners insurance refers to "Acts of God".

I believe this is a common term referring to natural 'disasters' such as hurricaines,

which is what caused the damage in St. Thomas and Puerto Rico.

From this source:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/act%20of%20God

Definition of act of God

:an extraordinary interruption by a natural cause (such as a flood or earthquake) of the usual course of events that experience, prescience, or care cannot reasonably foresee or prevent

In before the lock :halo: :evilsmile: :beer-toast:

Just watched the posted video of St. Thomas.... wow such a disaster. Seems to me that December is too early to pack full of cruise pax. I really hope everyone behaves and is understanding while in port if it takes a few minutes to take your drink order or they can't accept your credit card or wont budge on the price of the trinket you want to buy... they have bigger problems and don't need your B.S.

. . .

Just watched the posted video of St. Thomas.... wow such a disaster. Seems to me that December is too early to pack full of cruise pax. . . .

A poster on this thread (Appofed) said some ships (not Princess) are returning in Nov., which I would think is definitely too early, at least from the pax experience but realize St. Thomas definitely needs the economic activity. I just hope the cruise ships prepare their pax for what they're going to see/experience. All water-related activities should be ok, I assume. But scenic excursions are not going to be as scenic as they were pre-hurricane.

Hi Barb, Thanks for posting this. We are doing a 7 day on the Regal starting December 10. We were supposed to go to St. Maarten (which was the reason we booked the cruise) but we are going to Antigua instead. We also go to St. Thomas. I believe we are the first Princess ship to go there. I keep checking my cruise personalizer to see if the itinerary will change but so far we are still going there. We are not planning on doing much there, just going to town. If we do go I will take pictures so you will see them.

I had cancelled this cruise on the Regal right before the hurricane hit. I live in south Fl and was really afraid I would have a lot of damage and didn't want to spend the $$. I feel bad for the people of St. Thomas and PR being an American territory and being treated like this by our own government.

I just read a few articles addressing the St. Thomas situation. We are supposed to be there on 14 December. According to most reports, by mid November power should be restored to about 70% of the island. The Cruise Port and the businesses that support the cruise ships already have power and are "getting ready" for the passengers arrival. Megan's Bay beach (where we plan to visit) is mostly cleared of debris, the water has been checked and is clear for swimming, the road to/from and the parking areas should be cleared/repaired soon. Royal Caribbean has pumped a bunch of money into getting it ready, knowing Megan's Bay Beach is one of the most visited spots. They project that by 10 November it will be ready for business. I think what won't be ready for a number of years are things like the Coconut Grove adjacent to Megan's' Bay. Either way, we look forward to spending some money on the island and supporting the locals as they rebuild their beautiful island!!

I had cancelled this cruise on the Regal right before the hurricane hit. I live in south Fl and was really afraid I would have a lot of damage and didn't want to spend the $$. I feel bad for the people of St. Thomas and PR being an American territory and being treated like this by our own government.

Like what?

Perhaps this individual meant being treated like this:

“Under the President’s major disaster declaration issued for the U.S. Virgin Islands on September 7, 2017, Federal funding was made available for Public Assistance, Hazard Mitigation, and Other Needs Assistance at 75 percent Federal funding of total eligible costs,” the office said in a statement.

“President Trump increased cost sharing to 90 percent Federal funding for debris removal, including direct Federal assistance, and 100 percent Federal funding for emergency protective measures, including direct Federal assistance, for 30 days from the start of the incident period, and then a 90 percent Federal cost share thereafter.”

That's actually as high as authorized for states...the idea is they still need skin in the game so 100% will never be authorized. I'm guessing they missed this report from FEMA!

Perhaps this individual meant being treated like this:

“Under the President’s major disaster declaration issued for the U.S. Virgin Islands on September 7, 2017, Federal funding was made available for Public Assistance, Hazard Mitigation, and Other Needs Assistance at 75 percent Federal funding of total eligible costs,” the office said in a statement.

“President Trump increased cost sharing to 90 percent Federal funding for debris removal, including direct Federal assistance, and 100 percent Federal funding for emergency protective measures, including direct Federal assistance, for 30 days from the start of the incident period, and then a 90 percent Federal cost share thereafter.”

That's actually as high as authorized for states...the idea is they still need skin in the game so 100% will never be authorized. I'm guessing they missed this report from FEMA!

Thanks for posting - I thought it was something like that. IDK how many are in USVI, but I believe I heard 15,000 aid workers (of all types) in Puerto Rico.

We'll be there on The Royal on 11/20. We'll let you know how it looks.

Do you have an excursion planned? We will be there 14 December and plan to go to Megan's Bay Beach. If anyone (you or someone you meet) go there, it would be nice to get a report. Thanks!!

Megan's Bay should be good. RCCL sent a team just to clean up the beach and renew it to what it was.

I think the concern was the access roads to there, the parking lot, the bathrooms, and of course the Concession/Bar. They had some of the best Mai Tai's in the Caribbean!! :cool:

There’s also concern of contaminated swimming water due to the hurricane and any current rains causing runoff from sewers and other bacteria filled areas. Someone had reported staph being detected in the water. [emoji33] I’m tracking the weekly beach report from DNPR to see which beaches will be safe when we go in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums