Luminea Dining Times

Mr. Boston

Hello all, recently returned to Celebrity post-Luminea. Are dining times assigned in Luminea or is it anytime dining? Also, are you assigned a specific table or does it vary? My only comparison is in Princess Grill on Cunard which we really enjoyed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello all, recently returned to Celebrity post-Luminea. Are dining times assigned in Luminea or is it anytime dining? Also, are you assigned a specific table or does it vary? My only comparison is in Princess Grill on Cunard which we really enjoyed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My experience has been some ships take reservations, and some are just show up. They will seat you if they have room. You may have to wait, but on our last Summit cruise we never had to wait to be seated, but we showed up every night around 6:30 ish.

We never made a res and never had to wait -- dining around 8. Luminae is true anytime dining. Also be aware that you can order items from both the Luminae menu and the MDR menu. The two galleys are adjacent, so it's no problem for the waiter to pick up from both. You can also order off the menu in Luminae with advance notice -- we had a lovely filet mignon at our waiter's suggestion.

“You can also order off the menu in Luminae with advance notice -- we had a lovely filet mignon at our waiter's suggestion.”

Host Jazzbeau, what does this mean? We have ordered off the Main dining room menu before when we have found nothing that interest us, but I’m not sure what you mean but the statement above?

I'm curious about ordering off the menu too. I've only had this as an option on the luxury lines such as Seabourn or Crystal.

In terms of waiting, during peak periods we have only had a short wait, but then experienced terrible service with waiters overwhelmed. Its best to get in early or wait until the crush is over.

We have found quality of service excellent in Luminae but at peak times for breakfast (8.30) and dinner (7.30 ish) we find the speed of service does slow down....

On the nights we dine in Luminae we do give them an 'ish' time, about 6.30 ish....not really needed but the staff do appreciate some idea of numbers.