Just Returned From 1st Celebrity Cruise On Summit

Griller

You are a good sport. Yes there is some snarkiness here on CC for sure. I just wanted to clarify that it is the beverage package that is an optional perk in some cabin categories and always available as an add on to any cabin category that resulted in your perception of different treatment with all the unlimited beverages ect, rather than the actual cabin category which you booked. And that there are legitimate business reasons for special perks for suite guests and Elite loyalty members.

You are a good sport. Yes there is some snarkiness here on CC for sure. I just wanted to clarify that it is the beverage package that is an optional perk in some cabin categories and always available as an add on to any cabin category that resulted in your perception of different treatment with all the unlimited beverages ect, rather than the actual cabin category which you booked. And that there are legitimate business reasons for special perks for suite guests and Elite loyalty members.

Of course I appreciate the business reasons, but there are better ways of handling new passengers who are exploring a ship than being mean to them and making them feel worthless like when we went into into Michaels Club to see what it was.

Doesn't make you want to come back. we soon realized we were regarded as travelling cattle class.

We don't drink much anyway so it made little difference, but the drink prices do seem more than many other lines.

Edited by Griller

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. It should never be when your are on Celebrity, regardless of the ship or the class of cabin. We just returned from the same cruise in a balcony room. I do have to say that our cabin steward Francisco was fantastic. After day one, he knew when we went to breakfast, had dinner, etc. and only knew he had been there because our room had been serviced. The only time he knocked on our door was when we went to dinner late on the last evening of the cruise and I'm sure he thought we had already gone down. We are fairly easy to please and did not have any special requests but our needs were beautifully met. The repositioning cruise did not offer the Go Big,Bigger or 1-2-3 option for the beverage package etc. We did have a 'free' classic beverage package on the same cruise in 2014 but for some reason this was not offered for this cruise. I sure hope they bring this back to apply to this cruise again as it is expensive. My bill was slid under the door was not in an envelope. I did have a problem removing an erroneous charge and after calling and going down to guest relations a corrected bill was slid under the door in an envelope. No tip envelope was left but we did give Francisco an extra tip and used our own envelope. Again, sorry for your less than satisfactory experience.

it was OK overall, I don't think we were on the same cruise though, we were on a 14 day Bayonne to Quebec City roundtrip.

We did have a small charge removed from the Martini Bar, they said it was an upcharge for a drink not in our package.. However we explained we did not have a drinks package so it could not have possibly been our charge. And they instantly removed it. maybe that's why we got a statement?????

I hope that you mean that in a good way. :) If it seems that way because I actually know what I'm talking about and have extensive knowledge of the Celebrity rates and promotion and all the competitive products in the industry? If that is why I sound like a TA then I will take it. :cool:

The response sounded just like a TA would quote, that’s why I said it ;). I have no idea if you are or not, but thought you explained in depth the OP’s options.

Edited by villauk

Of course I appreciate the business reasons, but there are better ways of handling new passengers who are exploring a ship than being mean to them and making them feel worthless like when we went into into Michaels Club to see what it was.

Doesn't make you want to come back. we soon realized we were regarded as travelling cattle class.

We don't drink much anyway so it made little difference, but the drink prices do seem more than many other lines.

Very observant however that's the way they treat everyone who attempts to go into Michaels Club if not in a suite. It's not just new passengers. Don't feel bad. It wasn't just you.

Drink prices on Celebrity are substantially higher than on their two sister lines, Royal Caribbean and Azamara. They do that to try to force people into the drinks package or upgrade the Classic if freebie. It's only about revenue.

If you think Summit was "cattle class" for non suite passengers, just wait for the Edge which will have much more exclusively suite class areas and more suites at much higher prices. It's the ship in a ship concept.

Again, it's all about the money to Celebrity. The CEO used to be the revenue chief at RCL from what I understand.

Hi, please excuse what are probably dumb questions but we just had out first Celebrity cruise on Summit and are interested to know if what we experienced is "normal".

We had a somewhat mediocre cabin steward- he was very forgetful about things like the daily program, towels, bathmat, and most of all ice - when we asked him how many cabins he had to service it was 10. A mix of inside and balcony.

10 doesn't seem many compared to other lines we've been on. Is that a usual number for Celebrity?

There was no fridge we could use in our inside cabin. Is that usual?

On the penultimate evening of the cruise we came back to our cabin and found our onboard account statement face up on the bed, not in an envelope or anything, and an envelope with the cabin stewards name on it and an amount for extra tip. Is that usual?

Not sure I want the cabin steward reading my account....................... just seems wrong...not that there was anything unusual on there.

The last thing he said to us - rather sharply - was "you have to be out of the cabin by 8am OK"

Is it usual to be so brusque to passengers about vacating the cabin on Celebrity? English was his first language as he came from Jamaica,

We hadn't complained about him, or to him about his deficiencies, or been anything but decent tidy passengers who gave him very little to do in our cabin.

I really think Summit is Celebrity’s poorest ship based on our experience this year. Night and day difference compared to other m class ships, especially Connie and Infinity. Hard to compare to S class

It seems that you have sailed quite a lot but I respectfully disagree about your statement about Summit. We have sailed on all of the M-Class ships, including Summit earlier this month for 14 days, and we found the service and staff on Summit to be outstanding

It seems that you have sailed quite a lot but I respectfully disagree about your statement about Summit. We have sailed on all of the M-Class ships, including Summit earlier this month for 14 days, and we found the service and staff on Summit to be outstanding

We have sailed on the summit 7 times, most recently this past August. Service is excellent. I do not agree the poorest M class ship. have sailed in suites, Aqua class and balcony cabins. My only negative comment is that the cabins, Celebrity suites and regular sky suites need refurbishment. But same for all M class ships

Hi, please excuse what are probably dumb questions but we just had out first Celebrity cruise on Summit and are interested to know if what we experienced is "normal".

We had a somewhat mediocre cabin steward- he was very forgetful about things like the daily program, towels, bathmat, and most of all ice - when we asked him how many cabins he had to service it was 10. A mix of inside and balcony.

10 doesn't seem many compared to other lines we've been on. Is that a usual number for Celebrity?

On the penultimate evening of the cruise we came back to our cabin and found our onboard account statement face up on the bed, not in an envelope or anything, and an envelope with the cabin stewards name on it and an amount for extra tip. Is that usual?

Not sure I want the cabin steward reading my account....................... just seems wrong...not that there was anything unusual on there.

The last thing he said to us - rather sharply - was "you have to be out of the cabin by 8am OK"

Is it usual to be so brusque to passengers about vacating the cabin on Celebrity? English was his first language as he came from Jamaica,

We hadn't complained about him, or to him about his deficiencies, or been anything but decent tidy passengers who gave him very little to do in our cabin.

We've only ever had one sub par steward and that was on Freedom of the Seas last year. Enough people complained about him that he was replaced after 3 days. On the same cruise we had a Customer Service Rep call me a liar when I questioned a charge to our account -something I check daily. His supervisor saw the exchange and next I saw him he was busing tables poolside.

Those are the only bad crew experiences we've ever had and I should note that is was only the third cruise for that crew. Maybe those two guys hadn't found their niche yet.

Yes to each their own opinion. That’s just mine. I wouldn’t sail on her again.

We have only experienced two very lazy attendants; they worked together at doing absolutely nothing...it was in a suite on the Equinox. We had an up sell for $300 total from C2 to S1 corner aft. Loved the suite and befriended another attendant who was so helpful...we wrote all about him, saying that he should do the suites!

Interested in why you chose an M class over an S class...I sailed on the Millie...had a great crew, but just not the same for me as an S class ship! However, my DH enjoyed it thoroughly...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have only experienced two very lazy attendants; they worked together at doing absolutely nothing...it was in a suite on the Equinox. We had an up sell for $300 total from C2 to S1 corner aft. Loved the suite and befriended another attendant who was so helpful...we wrote all about him, saying that he should do the suites!

Interested in why you chose an M class over an S class...I sailed on the Millie...had a great crew, but just not the same for me as an S class ship! However, my DH enjoyed it thoroughly...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The M class tend to have some good itineraries. I do like them though, they just need up be spruced up again.

Not good at all.

Just came across this thread. We were on Equinox in Sep. I kept track of our bill online.... but at the end of the cruise we never received a statement. I completely forgot about it until we got home. We checked our credit card account and the total was what we expected.... but I did wonder about not getting a statement. This was our first Celebrity cruise... never had this happen before... so thanks for the info... next cruise I will look for it..on the bed, in or out of an envelop... but hopefully in the room someplace :)