No excursions for port I have $50 credit for

Peachypooh

One of the cruises I have planned was re-routed due to the hurricanes. It is getting close to the cruise and one port has no excursions listed, two ports have only one listed and the last one has 28 listed. I am sure I can find something to use my $50 per port credit on for the last port but the others especially the one with no excursions listed it will be not possible. I really am not going to be too upset if that perk is not usable(a lot of the time it goes unused anyway) but was just curious as to how the cruiseline handles things like this. Thanks.

One of the cruises I have planned was re-routed due to the hurricanes. It is getting close to the cruise and one port has no excursions listed, two ports have only one listed and the last one has 28 listed. I am sure I can find something to use my $50 per port credit on for the last port but the others especially the one with no excursions listed it will be not possible. I really am not going to be too upset if that perk is not usable(a lot of the time it goes unused anyway) but was just curious as to how the cruiseline handles things like this. Thanks.

They may just not be posted yet. I realize it is close, but, perhaps, there will be some listed when you get on the ship as well. My experience is that there have always been more excursions listed on the ship than were listed online. Excursions are a big money-maker for NCL. They will have some.

They may just not be posted yet. I realize it is close, but, perhaps, there will be some listed when you get on the ship as well. My experience is that there have always been more excursions listed on the ship than were listed online. Excursions are a big money-maker for NCL. They will have some.

Thank you. I will check when I am onboard.

Our cruise is in 5 days! Our itinerary has been changed and there are only 24 excursions in total listed now. That is for 2 of the 5 islands we are going to. I think they are still trying to work things out with all our new stops, Could be that the itinerary will change again. I'm sure we will have a lot more excursions to choose from once we are on board

I have spoken to NCL Shore Excursion department in the last two days. A cruise which departs in two days has only 16 excursions (15 for one port) on the vacation planner. However, the ship is scheduled to make five port stops. The rep said additional excursions will be available to book while onboard, but no more were being loaded to the Vacation Planner available for pre-booking.

Additionally, the NCL website detailing the entire population of shore excursions available for the drop list of every possible port stop lists just six options for George Town, Grand Cayman. (Based on prior cruises stopping in Grand Cayman, there typically are many more than a half dozen options made available through NCL.) The rep said additional excursion options will continue to be rolled out. That does not necessarily mean they will be made available to pre-book through the Vacation Planner, but again, available to book while onboard.

Not answers I like, but that is what I was told.

This excursion issue seems to be fleet wide regardless of whether the cruise has been rerouted. Our five port cruise in February has five excursions listed, including three for Port Canaveral and two for Nassau.

I wonder if:

Too many people took the "free" $50 excursion credit option; or

NCL derives a tax benefit by booking excursion onboard, at sea outside the US... Foreign Source Income (FSI) for you tax wonks

Here's the T&C:

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit:

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

Here's the T&C:

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit:

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

Does not really say what happens if no excursions are available, but I wouldn't count on anything more than "Sorry."

wow Peachy, that is a bummer. I know it isn't our cruise at least. I think our foster daughter and her partner are going to run into trouble using all there excursion perks as well. Not because of the lack of tours, but because there are other things they would rather do in some ports.

We have been on so many cruises and nothing peaked my interest so I called and traded my excursion credit for Internet minutes. I figured I would use that for sure.

FWIW, I just returned from a cruise on the Escape, and in retrospect I would have done the same thing...ended up using only one of our $50 shore excursion credits

The only place that would happen is Fantasyland.

FantasyLand is the funnest land of em all!

Yes well, I often forget I am now on NCL. Other lines would do it out of common courtesy since they would be the ones failing to provide what was promised. Anyway....not important and based on the T&C listed in other responses, you're right. Happy Monday!

wow Peachy, that is a bummer. I know it isn't our cruise at least. I think our foster daughter and her partner are going to run into trouble using all there excursion perks as well. Not because of the lack of tours, but because there are other things they would rather do in some ports.

Thanks Nita. It is for a cruise we have planned for the end of January where most of the ports were hurricane damaged. Hope your foster daughter finds a use for the cruise we have coming up here soon. Alice