Last minute bargain cruises

clementine01

We winter in FL and could easily take a "Last Minute Bargain" cruise . . . but where do you find them? I've heard stories of folks getting really cheap rates for booking cruises that depart in just a few days from booking, but sure can't find any of those. Anyone know of a source?

You can usually subscribe to the cruise line e- mails that might have last minute deals.

You could also contact some Florida TA's to ask to be placed on their mailing lists for last minute deals.

Always remember that while last minute might be good for the cruise far it might not be so good for the airfare or for a pre cruise hotel.

Keith

We winter in FL and could easily take a "Last Minute Bargain" cruise . . . but where do you find them? I've heard stories of folks getting really cheap rates for booking cruises that depart in just a few days from booking, but sure can't find any of those. Anyone know of a source?

I lived in S. Florida for 20 years and took a lot of last-minute bargain cruises. I never used one particular source. I went straight to the cruise lines' websites.

Most online websites and even the individual cruise companies have last minute deals. Some deals aren’t that great and some are decent. Early to mid December and January and February are considered low season so if you find a cruise that interests you now is the time to book. Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Holland America, Celebrity, Princess, etc have many of their fleet sailing from Florida ports during the winter season. I have personally cruised in January and have found a lot of great rates, especially if you are sailing from Miami and Port Everglades.

Lots of great last minute deals out there. Especially between Thanksgiving and mid December.

We use a reference vacations.... website that has a 90 day ticker., ie cruises on sale that depart within 90 days. We are also on the list for Princess, RCI, and Celebrity late booking offers. Celebrity often have some very good Tuesday specials.

Last one we did was picked up while travelling in Florida. We booked it two or three days ahead. It was far less expensive that staying in a land based hotel for a week!

I use an online cruise agency's website with a terrific search engine to find cruises. There are a bunch of cruises costing less than $400 departing from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for under $400. Carnival, Norwegian, MSC, and Holland America.

We have had numerous late booking cruises from FLL/MIA. Two of the best have been late booking 10 /12 day Xmas bookings. Also has some very attractive offers in Europe and in Australia. So much so that almost all of our cruises are booked inside the final payment window-usually 30-40 days out but sometimes closer.

We don't care about cruise line. Ship and itinerary are more important to us. We want a balcony but we are not fussy about the location so late booking works well for us.

Be sure to sign up for last-minute offers from the various cruise lines. Also check their websites frequently. We're sailing next month on a Princess cruise that we received a terrific email offer for. I booked it a three weeks ago.

Google is your friend.

https://www.google.com/search?q=last+minute+cruises&rlz=1CASMAK_enUS757US757&oq=last+minute&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j69i61j0l4.7024j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8