Booking the adjacent Concierge class room to Royal Suite

andnosyd

We have a Royal Suite booked for next year on the Constellation for the 4 of us and the Concierge room next to it is available. Since we are traveling with our 2 kids, we thought it may be a good idea to book that room so they have their own bedroom/bathroom. However, if we book this, am I correct in assuming they will be able to join us in Michaels Club and Luminae? If not, I'll just keep the 1 suite. Thanks!

What ages? I think they will be allowed if they're underage kids as Celebrity wouldn't want to separate little kids from their parents for dining purposes. This question has come up several times before, and I'm pretty sure that was the official answer. Adult children are less likely, officially, but that might be a different answer once you're aboard. Only Celebrity can really tell you. Have you asked them?

If they are under 18 I think they may be able to join you in Luminae although they will not get drinks packages....This one is definitely a call (and response in writing) before proceeding.....

As an alternative if the PH is available that has a second toilet/shower/vanity unit a much better main bedroom, massive lounge, sofa bed and lots of room for a folding bed and far superior decking and may come in at similar price to booking a RS and a concierge room...just a thought....

We saw guests in the PH and RS, traveling with guests in the CC cabin on an M class ship. There was a conversation about those traveling in the CC cabin joining the suites guests in Luminae and MC. The CC guests were in MC on embarkation and one other time. We never saw them in Luminae so don't know that it worked out for them. If your children are under a certain age then they would be able to join you in Luminae. Warrants a call to Celebrity to clarify.

With your children being 4 & 6 you can not, as far as I know, book them in their own cabin. One of the adults would need to book with each child, especially as the CC room is not a connecting room. While you can do book one adult in each room, who ever is in the CC room would not have the benefits of the RS, premium beverage package, unlimited dining, and unlimited internet. Make sure you understand all of the pros and cons of changing your booking.

We did the Royal Suite with our 5 and 7. There was plenty of room and it was less expensive since they were the third and fourth people. And they had all the perks of being in a suite including the fridge being stocked with their favorite sodas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a Royal Suite booked for next year on the Constellation for the 4 of us and the Concierge room next to it is available. Since we are traveling with our 2 kids, we thought it may be a good idea to book that room so they have their own bedroom/bathroom. However, if we book this, am I correct in assuming they will be able to join us in Michaels Club and Luminae? If not, I'll just keep the 1 suite. Thanks!

No can't do.

With your children being 4 & 6 you can not, as far as I know, book them in their own cabin. One of the adults would need to book with each child, especially as the CC room is not a connecting room. While you can do book one adult in each room, who ever is in the CC room would not have the benefits of the RS, premium beverage package, unlimited dining, and unlimited internet. Make sure you understand all of the pros and cons of changing your booking.

Celebrity’s written policy has allowed children in their own cabin as long as it’s adjacent. We did it 20 years ago.

From the Website:

For voyages originating in North America, no guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing. This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military. Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status required.

Edited by dkjretired

People seriously think it is ok to have a 4 and 6 year old in a cabin without a door the parents can get into unless they completely leave their cabin and go into another one?? If one of the children got hurt or needed something, they would leave the cabin, be locked out or their own and stuck in the hallway knocking and asking for their parents on a royal suite with its own bedroom??? Or worse, they could be unable to open the door even if needed? This can’t be real life. These aren’t teenagers! I seriously hope this is not something X allows.

People seriously think it is ok to have a 4 and 6 year old in a cabin without a door the parents can get into unless they completely leave their cabin and go into another one?? If one of the children got hurt or needed something, they would leave the cabin, be locked out or their own and stuck in the hallway knocking and asking for their parents on a royal suite with its own bedroom??? Or worse, they could be unable to open the door even if needed? This can’t be real life. These aren’t teenagers! I seriously hope this is not something X allows.

The CC cabins that are next door to the RS on the M-class ships (there is one on each side of the ship) are adjoining and have an interior door that can be left open between the two cabins. Their children would not be alone in a cabin with the only access out in the hallway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The CC cabins that are next door to the RS on the M-class ships (there is one on each side of the ship) are adjoining and have an interior door that can be left open between the two cabins. Their children would not be alone in a cabin with the only access out in the hallway.

Not necessarily. Only one set of the CC cabins are connected cabins. The others are not. Another poster motioned non-connecting cabins and the OP did not correct that statement.

In my previous RSs on Summit and Millie, I can confirm the CC cabin next to us was not connecting. And I can further confirm we never heard the door bell while sleeping in the bedroom. All my concerns here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Classynfun1

If they are under 18 I think they may be able to join you in Luminae although they will not get drinks packages....This one is definitely a call (and response in writing) before proceeding.....

I thought the cut off age limit was 12 when Luminae first opened but, as we do not have children, it is not important to us and I may be wrong.

We were in a RS on Millennium and the adjacent CC did not connect, however I see that there is one RS port and one starboard with a connecting CC. I'm not a parent but I agree with Classyfun1 that it could lead to a dangerous situation to have a 4 & 6 year old in their own cabin.

I've seen children younger than 12 in Luminae so I don't think there is a minimum age.

Not necessarily. Only one set of the CC cabins are connected cabins. The others are not. Another poster motioned non-connecting cabins and the OP did not correct that statement.

In my previous RSs on Summit and Millie, I can confirm the CC cabin next to us was not connecting. And I can further confirm we never heard the door bell while sleeping in the bedroom. All my concerns here.

I forgot about the 2 further aft CC cabins that are next to RS. I know that the other 2 CCs have an adjoining door between them because I've picked 6139 twice to avoid the connecting cabins.

I would hope that the OP is thinking about booking either 6135/36.

Here is our experience with our daughter in a veranda room while we were in the sky suite next door. I'm not commenting on the idea of children the age of OP in a separate room, but rather the question regarding Michaels Club and Luminae.

When ever our daughter came to Luminae we paid the guest price for her meal. On embarkation day while we were showing her around the ship we entered MC and were welcomed by the concierge. While my wife and daughter walked around I told the concierge our daughter was not in a suite but we were showing her the space and did not intend to have a drink, or bring her back. She told us we could bring her anytime with no problem. Throughout the trip she was included on all the special invites we received for things like dinners, sail away parties etc. One evening, while talking with the Captain, I expressed thanks for that treatment and the response I received was "We keep families together, on life boats, and for everything else on the ship regardless of what cabin they're in". That was great to know, but for all those out there who will raise the issue of suite guests only in MC, she never did return after that first day, but it was nice to know she would have been welcome, at least on that particular sailing.

Here is our experience with our daughter in a veranda room while we were in the sky suite next door. I'm not commenting on the idea of children the age of OP in a separate room, but rather the question regarding Michaels Club and Luminae.

When ever our daughter came to Luminae we paid the guest price for her meal. On embarkation day while we were showing her around the ship we entered MC and were welcomed by the concierge. While my wife and daughter walked around I told the concierge our daughter was not in a suite but we were showing her the space and did not intend to have a drink, or bring her back. She told us we could bring her anytime with no problem. Throughout the trip she was included on all the special invites we received for things like dinners, sail away parties etc. One evening, while talking with the Captain, I expressed thanks for that treatment and the response I received was "We keep families together, on life boats, and for everything else on the ship regardless of what cabin they're in". That was great to know, but for all those out there who will raise the issue of suite guests only in MC, she never did return after that first day, but it was nice to know she would have been welcome, at least on that particular sailing.

What was your daughters age?

I would call Celebrity or your TA and inquire. We have booked a suite on the Edge and our daughter is in the adjoining inside room. Our TA has confirmed that she will have suite privileges of luminae, the retreat lounge and sun deck.

It is essentially becoming a two bedroom suite.