Suite Laundry

jules815

We'll be sailing in a Signature Suite next month.

At the time we upgraded from our Sky Suite, I remember seeing somewhere that we'd get 2 bags of laundry included with our suite, but now I can't seem to find that info anywhere. Is that correct?

Assuming we get that as a perk, and combined with the Elite perk of 1 bag pp, we'll have 4 bags over the 10 day cruise?

The upper suites (including Signature Suite) include the laundry perk. When we were in a RS on Equinox in September the butler handled all of our laundry needs including dry cleaning as part of the perk. Regular laundry came back pressed and on hangers (where appropriate). Technically the perk is twice per cruise as I understand that there were abuses with people sending out laundry for friends/family not in the suite. In our case laundry was handled on an as needed basis.

The upper suites (including Signature Suite) include the laundry perk. When we were in a RS on Equinox in September the butler handled all of our laundry needs including dry cleaning as part of the perk. Regular laundry came back pressed and on hangers (where appropriate). Technically the perk is twice per cruise as I understand that there were abuses with people sending out laundry for friends/family not in the suite. In our case laundry was handled on an as needed basis.

This is our experience.....we cruised shortly after the wording was changed from ‘unlimited laundry’ to ‘twice per cruise’. We spoke to our butler about it and he told us to just send our laundry in. He said there had been a few extended families who had abused the system and that the new wording allowed the butler/Michael’s staff to be able to say ‘no more....’. Whilst we rarely use more laundry than our E+ entitlement we sometimes do use more pressing and have never been charged.

So to answer the OP you should be able to send in several bags of laundry, have items pressed and even an item or two dry cleaned! Just don’t become the free laundry drop off for families and friends!

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Just as clarification, there are no longer any 'coupons' to get. Your perks for Captains Club are included as a part of your account.

Good! This was 7/16. Can't wait, just another 17 days and we'll experience the non-coupons!

So to answer the OP you should be able to send in several bags of laundry, have items pressed and even an item or two dry cleaned! Just don’t become the free laundry drop off for families and friends!

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Great, thanks. Just my husband and I sailing. We usually have a few bags of laundry done while on board, and don't mind paying for them. The Elite and suite laundry perks are great. I guess I'll be doing some shopping on board. We have $500 obc and all of our specialty dining is included too. :D

Our butler asked for our Elite coupons for our laundry in a RS. Go figure.

We're in a RS right now and we're told there are no laundry perks. We were directed to use the per item charge tag and attach it to the laundry bag. I thought there would be some kind of perk with being in RS.

We're in a RS right now and we're told there are no laundry perks. We were directed to use the per item charge tag and attach it to the laundry bag. I thought there would be some kind of perk with being in RS.

Wow. That's just wrong.

There are definitely laundry perks with a Royal Suite, we sent out 3 or 4 small loads on our last 7 day cruise to Alaska. You do need to use the per item charge slip so that they have your name and suite # but our Butlers have always written "ROYAL SUITE" on the slip. If you have not sorted this out with the Butler talk to the MC Concierge or Suites Manager.

BTW, what ship are you on?

Perhaps someone misunderstood what was being said or asked. You do need to fill out the form and put the laundry in the bag. (We always have). I have read about some confusion in the past about whether it is two bags or unlimited, but I have never read anyone saying that there was no laundry included.

There are definitely laundry perks with a Royal Suite, we sent out 3 or 4 small loads on our last 7 day cruise to Alaska. You do need to use the per item charge slip so that they have your name and suite # but our Butlers have always written "ROYAL SUITE" on the slip. If you have not sorted this out with the Butler talk to the MC Concierge or Suites Manager.

BTW, what ship are you on?

Great suggestion. Please come back and let us know. I can take some time to find the information on line clarifying this benefit.

Totally wrong and not your problem. Let your butler and the Michael’s Club Concierge know...let them sort it and get back to enjoying your cruise!

That was my first thought but then after reflection, however, could this just be a communication problem?

You do need to fill in the per item charge tag (3 copies in pink, yellow and white) or they can not ensure you get back what you sent in....You need to fill this in but then write Royal Suite, Loyalty, Penthouse....under the section of ‘special instructions’....This cancels any charges.

Has your butler/room attendant told you you don’t have a laundry perk or that you do need to fill in the slip to get your laundry sorted?