Diamond Plus Experience

KKMurphy2

Why don't you read from the beginning the current thread,

I do flaunt my C&A status which i have many posts on and you will see who has humour,it is brilliant fun.

Unfortunately, I have read this thread from the beginning. I would like someone to give me the wasted time back.:halo:

Synopsis of this thread. Here are my hypothetical answers to a problem that may or may not exist. Then Troy's response what have you lost, and that if you have money you deserve free drinks unlike the masses that think they earn those cheap drinks and ocean views by doing nothing more than showing up taking cheap cruises. To which a reply is I am not cheap, I take lots of expensive vacations and I spend a fortune on vacations. I have a right to a great view and free drinks. Since, RCI is stealing a lounge from me, I want to get free drinks all day. Then we have replies from people who think they see themselves in one of these groups.... all the while nothing has changed and who knows if it will.

Why the obsession with this? How many times have you and Troy beaten this to death?

O by the way, I did start the Flaunt thread, only to quit reading after a couple of pages of not funny people trying to be funny.

JC

Unfortunately, I have read this thread from the beginning. I would like someone to give me the wasted time back.:halo:

Synopsis of this thread. Here are my hypothetical answers to a problem that may or may not exist. Then Troy's response what have you lost, and that if you have money you deserve free drinks unlike the masses that think they earn those cheap drinks and ocean views by doing nothing more than showing up taking cheap cruises. To which a reply is I am not cheap, I take lots of expensive vacations and I spend a fortune on vacations. I have a right to a great view and free drinks. Since, RCI is stealing a lounge from me, I want to get free drinks all day. Then we have replies from people who think they see themselves in one of these groups.... all the while nothing has changed and who knows if it will.

Why the obsession with this? How many times have you and Troy beaten this to death?

O by the way, I did start the Flaunt thread, only to quit reading after a couple of pages of not funny people trying to be funny.

JC

Actually, I agree with you for the most part. Only a few feel like they lost something on the bigger ships. Nobody was ever entitled to two Lounges, it was a perk that Royal says can be adjusted at any time. The newer Oasis Class never had a CL.

Enjoy the debate. Lol. I’m not complaining about any watered down perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are Emerald and approaching Diamond level soon. What is the 3-drink voucher?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are vouchers for 3 complimentary drinks, from a set list of spirits, wine & beer, for each D, D+, PC member loaded onto your SeaPass card for use during the Happy Hour - usually 4:30 - 8 or 5:00 - 8:30.

There are vouchers for 3 complimentary drinks, from a set list of spirits, wine & beer, for each D, D+, PC member loaded onto your SeaPass card for use during the Happy Hour - usually 4:30 - 8 or 5:00 - 8:30.

I'm the serious one in this thread. Thanks for getting back. As someone with 6 RCL cruises already and 2 more booked, I just wanted to know. I find it so hard to find information from RCI, it's much easier to get it here.

I realized the snarkiness though, and enjoyed reading the whole post. I really have no life...lol.

But I will take the Diamond perks however small they are, when I get there.

I was just on the Anthem (Nov 11-18) and went to the Diamond lounge every night at 5pm. We found seats every night and were served by waiters. We dined first seating (5:30), so we usually had time to drink one drink then get a 2nd to take to dinner.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I'm the serious one in this thread. Thanks for getting back. As someone with 6 RCL cruises already and 2 more booked, I just wanted to know. I find it so hard to find information from RCI, it's much easier to get it here.

I realized the snarkiness though, and enjoyed reading the whole post. I really have no life...lol.

But I will take the Diamond perks however small they are, when I get there.

I was happy to see you got answered. The Diamond lounge is a great benefit from doing lots of cruises. I must admit there are two things I really appreciate that RCI provides. 1. :The Flowrider. I would probably book a cruise to some horrible place just to be able to surf while my wife does the Thriller dance.... O wait I have done that. :halo:

2. The fact that the diamond lounge exists has released me from having to drink horrible cruiseline coffee every morning. Now, when I wake up and the lovely wife is sleeping I go to the DL and I get a couple of cappuccinos and some snacks, and I wake her up to a happy morning.

Almost 3. I like the Ifly. It is a mess, but I like it. Wish it was on the Oasis class ships since they are easier to get to.

The DL is a great place to hang out before dinner, grab a glass of wine and wonder off to dinner somewhere. I have met some very fun and interesting people there, but I don't go there to hold court. I do like to find real people there, although I have met several cartoonish people there, and have a few drinks and laughs. Sometimes the concierges are interesting and often they are completely not.

So, here is to hoping that the DL continues to exist, despite some folks desire to see it go away as another sign of cost cutting. Not because they don't like the DL, but just because they know that RCI is out to screw them. Which is why these threads deteriorate into complete dumbness. Is that a word?:evilsmile:

JC

I was happy to see you got answered. The Diamond lounge is a great benefit from doing lots of cruises. I must admit there are two things I really appreciate that RCI provides. 1. :The Flowrider. I would probably book a cruise to some horrible place just to be able to surf while my wife does the Thriller dance.... O wait I have done that. :halo:

2. The fact that the diamond lounge exists has released me from having to drink horrible cruiseline coffee every morning. Now, when I wake up and the lovely wife is sleeping I go to the DL and I get a couple of cappuccinos and some snacks, and I wake her up to a happy morning.

Almost 3. I like the Ifly. It is a mess, but I like it. Wish it was on the Oasis class ships since they are easier to get to.

The DL is a great place to hang out before dinner, grab a glass of wine and wonder off to dinner somewhere. I have met some very fun and interesting people there, but I don't go there to hold court. I do like to find real people there, although I have met several cartoonish people there, and have a few drinks and laughs. Sometimes the concierges are interesting and often they are completely not.

So, here is to hoping that the DL continues to exist, despite some folks desire to see it go away as another sign of cost cutting. Not because they don't like the DL, but just because they know that RCI is out to screw them. Which is why these threads deteriorate into complete dumbness. Is that a word?:evilsmile:

JC

Something must be going on. Maybe the cool weather we are having, but we agree with this too.

JC

You need to get further in like i did when the toilet flush and toilet paper charges were announced.

JC

Wow i agree with most of your interesting post.

Actually, I agree with you for the most part. Only a few feel like they lost something on the bigger ships. Nobody was ever entitled to two Lounges, it was a perk that Royal says can be adjusted at any time. The newer Oasis Class never had a CL.

Enjoy the debate. Lol. I’m not complaining about any watered down perks.

Me neither,we are looking forward to our visit to the 5 star

Hotel Jardin De Nivarro in Tenerife next month.

JC

Thank you JC.

I'm not athletic, but my DH, and the others in our family tried the iFly and loved it. While speaking to the instructors, many of them are from the facility in NJ not far from where we live. DH loved it so much that we plan to take our son and grandson, although it's quite expensive.

No one from our group, on the Anthem twice last year, tried the Flowrider but there's always next time!

Did you say cappuccinos and snacks? I better change next years cruise to a JS so I can get to Diamond afterwards, instead of waiting another year!

As people who love to get a before dinner drink(s) it's nice to know of another option open to us when we reach Diamond.

Now, I have 2 funny but long stories to share from our recent Grandeur cruise, if you care to read them.....I'll call this:

In Search of The Before Dinner Drink on Grandeur.

Day 1

It was a very nasty night the first evening of our cruise with the outer decks closed. Our group of 7 were in search of a before dinner drink...Centrum was packed, not even 1 seat never mind 7, the same with the Schooner Bar filled with Trivia, then proceeded to the Lounge beyond but a giant sign almost blocking the entry, reserved for Diamond Lounge. Because I follow the rules, I started to walk away but my SIL said follow me since she and my brother are the only Diamond members in our group. As we walk in, the GIANT lounge is completely empty but we sit way in the back by the entrance. The waitress comes to get our drink order and upon seeing our cards, she says: You can't sit here, this lounge is reserved. In my mind: REALLY, the place is EMPTY! But my voice says nicely: But we just want before dinner drinks and the other venues are jammed. She thinks for a moment, then says with a face: Well, OK...and takes our order.

Story 2 in next post.

Reading this thread is about as worthwhile as watching the washing machine. Same people saying the same thing and agreeing with everyone who agrees with them and restating it less eloquently again to those who don't.

JC

I always say...if you don't like the program you are watching....change the channel. :confused:

You have the power to do it. ;)

I stopped smoking 40 years ago about 1 year before i met Pauline.

Wow...long time ago for sure! Bucky smoked in Vietnam...well not always "regular" cigarettes during that time. ;) And continued to smoke as he traveled the world for his career. Upon meeting me 25 years ago, the non-smoker with asthma...he quit cold turkey and never smoked again. :hearteyes:

Edited by island lady

I always say...if you don't like the program you are watching....change the channel. :confused:

You have the power to do it. ;)

Your right,he does tend to summarise a lot about what others say but offers little in constructive comments to add to the thread himself.

Like you said he can always change the channel but that might take some thinking about.

Wow...long time ago for sure! Bucky smoked in Vietnam...well not always "regular" cigarettes during that time. ;) And continued to smoke as he traveled the world for his career. Upon meeting me 25 years ago, the non-smoker with asthma...he quit cold turkey and never smoked again. :hearteyes:

Sorry to hear about your asthma and hope it never causes you any concern.

That was lovely of Bucky to stop smoking for you because i know how hard it is to stop.

Pauline has never smoked.

Sorry to hear about your asthma and hope it never causes you any concern.

That was lovely of Bucky to stop smoking for you because i know how hard it is to stop.

Pauline has never smoked.

Thanks...very kind of you. :) It's not too bad though...as long as I stay away from the triggers...I do pretty well! :cool:

Yup, he's a sweetie....but then again...it was me or the cigarettes. :p

Been there and did that. :cool: Quit smoking over 26 years ago, cold turkey,easy. Tell Bucky "welcome home and thanks for his service". :wine-glass::wine-glass: I'll probably get chewed out for sidetracking this thread. Oh well.