Diamond Plus Experience

KKMurphy2

Wow! You are reducing your RCCL cruises because of perceived loss of free perks? I guess the RCI stock will crash with your decision. Hopefully those other alternative vacations will give you all the perks you mentioned here like nice lounges, expensive wines, etc. for free.

With the nights I have spent branching out to other cruise lines the past 3 years I could have achieved D+ likely in 2019 if I spent those nights with Royal instead of other lines. Now I would say advancing from D (2013) to D+ will take considerably more than six years. I see little additional benefits to achieving D+ at this point. There are additional discounts, but those require additional spend anyways. I signed up with MSC and they give me some nice cocktail parties and specialty dinners as reciprocity to my status with Royal at half the price point for similar accommodations.

I'm not reducing my cruising because of perks given or removed, but once you realize the perks ain't all that, it's easier to go to another line and try them out. Blind allegiance to doing the same thing over and over isn't good, my opinion, and it isn't going to net you loyalty from a corporation that's 100% for sure.

I suspect by the time I finally reach D+ it will look much like D does today.

With the nights I have spent branching out to other cruise lines the past 3 years I could have achieved D+ likely in 2019 if I spent those nights with Royal instead of other lines. Now I would say advancing from D (2013) to D+ will take considerably more than six years. I see little additional benefits to achieving D+ at this point. There are additional discounts, but those require additional spend anyways. I signed up with MSC and they give me some nice cocktail parties and specialty dinners as reciprocity to my status with Royal at half the price point for similar accommodations.

I'm not reducing my cruising because of perks given or removed, but once you realize the perks ain't all that, it's easier to go to another line and try them out. Blind allegiance to doing the same thing over and over isn't good, my opinion, and it isn't going to net you loyalty from a corporation that's 100% for sure.

I suspect by the time I finally reach D+ it will look much like D does today.

Good for you....that is what choice is all about. For me, I have tried many other lines, and still not as happy with them as I am to RCI. Blind? No, just eyes open to the differences for me anyway.

Worthless to me to be a D+??

Hmmm...a 7 night cruise:

3 glasses of wine per night: 8 x 3 x 7 = 168.00

3 bottles of comp wine waiting for me in my cabin: 20.00 x 3 = 60.00

2 free photos: 20.00 x 2 = 40.00

48 hours of internet = 60.00 approx.

3 Lattes a day: 4.00 x 3 = 12.00

Balcony discount: 250.00

There are more...but just this ^ .....$590.00

Times two (both of us are D+) ......1,180.00

Cost to me being a D+? Zero

Now if you want to add in higher chances of free upgrade

(as happened to me for this next cruise)

Went from 2700.00 paid for a JS to a 6400.00 GS for no additional charge.

You want to tell me again how this would be worthless to me?? :confused:;)

Good for you....that is what choice is all about. For me, I have tried many other lines, and still not as happy with them as I am to RCI. Blind? No, just eyes open to the differences for me anyway.

Worthless to me to be a D+??

Hmmm...a 7 night cruise:

3 glasses of wine per night: 8 x 3 x 7 = 168.00

3 bottles of comp wine waiting for me in my cabin: 20.00 x 3 = 60.00

2 free photos: 20.00 x 2 = 40.00

48 hours of internet = 60.00 approx.

3 Lattes a day: 4.00 x 3 = 12.00

Balcony discount: 250.00

There are more...but just this ^ .....$590.00

Times two (both of us are D+) ......1,180.00

Cost to me being a D+? Zero

Now if you want to add in higher chances of free upgrade

(as happened to me for this next cruise)

Went from 2700.00 paid for a JS to a 6400.00 GS for no additional charge.

You want to tell me again how this would be worthless to me?? :confused:;)

A great description of our D+ benefits.

We have sailed with P&O,Princess and NCL but have found the itineraries and more importantly the loyalty benefits of RCI far superior to any other line.

We will be diamond plus on cruise leaving in a couple of hours, have 170 points and will get 18 more for 9 day cruise in a gas. Rccl is favorite but only have done approx 20 of my 62 cruises on this line, would be gettting close to pinnacle if all my crises were on rccl. We do like perks but if you cruise in suites many other lines will have perks, really want to try Msc again. Have a celebrity and a oasis cruise booked for next year

The D+ discount is $40.:p

That is why I listed it as "approx". Since I have not had to pay for it in such a long time...did not know what the current rate was. ;)

Deduct 20.00...but add to the figure if I enjoy more than 3 glasses of wine. :halo::')

BTW: Since I received the free upgrade to GS for Sunday...I get free Voom for the entire

cruise. Want to add that discount in? :D :D

That is why I listed it as "approx". Since I have not had to pay for it in such a long time...did not know what the current rate was. ;)

Deduct 20.00...but add to the figure if I enjoy more than 3 glasses of wine. :halo::')

BTW: Since I received the free upgrade to GS for Sunday...I get free Voom for the entire

I'd tell you to have a great time but I know you will. Bon Voyage:champagne-toast:

Thanks! I don't see that happening again...but will enjoy it while we have it. ;)

And have a fantabulous upcoming cruise to the both of you also. :)

I got the GS upgrade also! I believe because Pat put in a good word for me!! (or was it George? ha! )

I got the GS upgrade also! I believe because Pat put in a good word for me!! (or was it George? ha! )

LOL...you got yours waaaayyy before I did! :cool: You had the luck first. ;)

I still think George was holding us back, since we were the only pax in the bilge, he was afraid to lose that cheese I was bringing. ;p

He is one happy bilge rat cabin attendant now that we have invited him to stay with us for this cruise. :D

Say hi to stanmelb in the sl. He is usually there during happy hour with his wife. Enjoy your time on oasis and have a great cruise. What a great upgrade, still waiting for an upgrade fairy visit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The future is upon us. This is my take. There are a lot of people who have been cruising now for eons. I can see Royal Caribbean completely doing away with the lounges for the Diamonds and above. The drinks (the three the Diamonds receive daily (is it three) will increase to five per day - all added to your card. They will include fifteen coffees over 7 days onto the your sea pass card. They will throw in a specialty dinner. That will be the end of it. Royal Caribbean makes more money from the first, second, third time cruiser who book suites - and, the new ships and even the older ships will reconfigure to have more suites, ships will drop concierge lounges in favor of spa suites, wellness suites, coastal kitchens, etc. There are just too many Diamond and above now to make them all happy so I believe Royal Caribbean will water it all down. You know, when things get too good for too many people, things get watered down. Royal Caribbean will go after the big fish sleeping in the Suites, Grand Suites and the like. That is where the money is. The Young ones of today buy the all you can drink booze and have no need for loyalty anymore. They do not want to sit in a crowed lounge to get their little appetizers and free booze. They have bought the beverage package. As I say, Royal is going to do away, I predict with the Concierge Lounges for Diamonds. These are my predictions. I have been around the block a few times now and can see this happening. It is a form of restructuring of the minds.

The future is upon us. This is my take. There are a lot of people who have been cruising now for eons. I can see Royal Caribbean completely doing away with the lounges for the Diamonds and above. The drinks (the three the Diamonds receive daily (is it three) will increase to five per day - all added to your card. They will include fifteen coffees over 7 days onto the your sea pass card. They will throw in a specialty dinner. That will be the end of it. Royal Caribbean makes more money from the first, second, third time cruiser who book suites - and, the new ships and even the older ships will reconfigure to have more suites, ships will drop concierge lounges in favor of spa suites, wellness suites, coastal kitchens, etc. There are just too many Diamond and above now to make them all happy so I believe Royal Caribbean will water it all down. You know, when things get too good for too many people, things get watered down. Royal Caribbean will go after the big fish sleeping in the Suites, Grand Suites and the like. That is where the money is. The Young ones of today buy the all you can drink booze and have no need for loyalty anymore. They do not want to sit in a crowed lounge to get their little appetizers and free booze. They have bought the beverage package. As I say, Royal is going to do away, I predict with the Concierge Lounges for Diamonds. These are my predictions. I have been around the block a few times now and can see this happening. It is a form of restructuring of the minds.

A lot of what you say makes sense.

I noticed your favourite cruise line is Princess,do you have any experience of Royal Caribbean and the DL?.

Say hi to stanmelb in the sl. He is usually there during happy hour with his wife. Enjoy your time on oasis and have a great cruise. What a great upgrade, still waiting for an upgrade fairy visit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Will do. He is posting on our roll call also.

This could be the only time we get that nice of a visit from the upgrade fairy, but will definitely appreciate it while we have it. :)

Will do. He is posting on our roll call also.

This could be the only time we get that nice of a visit from the upgrade fairy, but will definitely appreciate it while we have it. :)

Thanks. To get upgraded to sky class is one of the better visits. The only better visit from fairy i would like is going from an inside on an alaskan cruise. But i will take any visit from the fairy.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Thanks. To get upgraded to sky class is one of the better visits. The only better visit from fairy i would like is going from an inside on an alaskan cruise. But i will take any visit from the fairy.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Me too. Only had one other upgrade fairy visit a couple of years ago, went from D1 to JS on our 10 night Serenade. No extra points, did not expect them, but sure liked the extra room in the cabin for the longer cruise. :D

The future is upon us. This is my take. There are a lot of people who have been cruising now for eons. I can see Royal Caribbean completely doing away with the lounges for the Diamonds and above. The drinks (the three the Diamonds receive daily (is it three) will increase to five per day - all added to your card. They will include fifteen coffees over 7 days onto the your sea pass card. They will throw in a specialty dinner. That will be the end of it. Royal Caribbean makes more money from the first, second, third time cruiser who book suites - and, the new ships and even the older ships will reconfigure to have more suites, ships will drop concierge lounges in favor of spa suites, wellness suites, coastal kitchens, etc. There are just too many Diamond and above now to make them all happy so I believe Royal Caribbean will water it all down. You know, when things get too good for too many people, things get watered down. Royal Caribbean will go after the big fish sleeping in the Suites, Grand Suites and the like. That is where the money is. The Young ones of today buy the all you can drink booze and have no need for loyalty anymore. They do not want to sit in a crowded lounge to get their little appetizers and free booze. They have bought the beverage package. As I say, Royal is going to do away, I predict with the Concierge Lounges for Diamonds. These are my predictions. I have been around the block a few times now and can see this happening. It is a form of restructuring of the minds.

If people keep saying this long enough it may be true someday. Even as RCI was building Diamond Clubs posters were saying everyone would be kicked out of them. This has been reported every year for 4 years since they started experiments with the 3 vouchers.

The truth is not all Clubs on every ship are crowded all the time. We were on Liberty not long ago, and the Concierge Club was empty most nights. On Navigator, the bar staff did an excellent job when they opened the VCL (or whatever it's called) as a giant overflow club. On Anthem, both clubs had plenty of room every night. On Radiance class ships the Concierge Clubs are rarely full after 6 PM.

Every year someone reports from a reliable source that D's and D+ will be demoted to the other club. Not long ago someone reported all CAS members would absolutely get a discount on the beverage packages in 2 months. A year later there were spotty discounts. Now it's supposed to fleet-wide, I just asked in Alaska and was told by two crew members it was NOT AVAILABLE. It was, but they just assumed it wasn't.