MDR meals delivered to suite?

twotennesseans

Yes, this is true. You can order from the full MDR menu anytime the MDR is open (breakfast, lunch, or dinner), including formal nights. As far as I know, they do not enforce the formal dress code in your suite.:)

Note that they will deliver everything at the same time - not one course at a time.

My cabin mate wanted a baked potato. Room service was having "technical difficulties" so could not send out orders. Went to Club Class dining and told my Head Waiter. She ordered a baked potato and had someone walk it down the hall to the Window Suites on the same floor. How's that for service?

My cabin mate wanted a baked potato. Room service was having "technical difficulties" so could not send out orders. Went to Club Class dining and told my Head Waiter. She ordered a baked potato and had someone walk it down the hall to the Window Suites on the same floor. How's that for service?

[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just remember to order everything you want. They do not bring items you have not ordered, like bread or butter. But it is a great service, we use it and love it. Nice on formal night, just getting the great food and watching a movie and not having to get all dressed up. So, get the salad with the right dressing and the bread and all and have a wonderful evening.

My cabin mate wanted a baked potato. Room service was having "technical difficulties" so could not send out orders. Went to Club Class dining and told my Head Waiter. She ordered a baked potato and had someone walk it down the hall to the Window Suites on the same floor.

GuBFUP.jpg

We are traveling in a suite for the first time on an Alaskan cruise in July. Our children, spouses, and grandchildren will be with us in balcony rooms. Can we host a dinner for all of us in our suite and order for 11 from the MDR menu or can we only order for the number staying in our suite?

We are traveling in a suite for the first time on an Alaskan cruise in July. Our children, spouses, and grandchildren will be with us in balcony rooms. Can we host a dinner for all of us in our suite and order for 11 from the MDR menu or can we only order for the number staying in our suite?

There would be no way to comfortably feed that many people in a suite. If you wanted to host a cocktail party and order in drinks and a cheese platter and chips and salsa, that might work.

There is more information in another thread on suite parties/hosting.

You can order as many meals as you want to be delivered to your suite. However, depending on the specific suite, you may not have room for 11 people to eat there at the same time.

You might also have to request the MDR menu - last year on the Diamond our cabin stewardess didn't seem to want us to have the menus, I had to keep asking for them. Since we didn't want to eat every meal in our suite, I only reminded her about the menus when we planned to stay in.

I would say that is a little over the top. Maybe for afternoon tea. But if you do, remember to tip them well. - that would be a lot of dishes. There is no way you would have room to even set down that many trays in your cabin.

I don't think it's special service since they couldn't fill your order from room service and you paid for that service in a suite. When you pay 4 - 5 times what an inside would cost you have PAID for this service.

I don't think it's special service since they couldn't fill your order from room service and you paid for that service in a suite. When you pay 4 - 5 times what an inside would cost you have PAID for this service.
Actually, Window Suites typically cost around 2 - 2-1/2 times the cost of an inside. Also, anything outside of the normal is special service, no matter what someone paid for their cabin. A few years ago when we were in a balcony cabin I wanted the Nutella ice cream on the dessert menu one night. We came back to the ship late and just grabbed a quick bite at the HC. Didn't want to sit down in the DR just for dessert so asked if I could have two orders to go. The head waiter said no food to go from the DR but they would have it delivered. Two huge bowls of Nutella ice cream almost arrived at our cabin before we did. Now that was very nice and special service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In-suite can you order the special "club class" "tableside" MDR item? Like where they would make it and just deliver it - not that they would make it in your suite.
It might be possible but I doubt it. The food comes from the galley and the table side items are prepared in the DR. Also, the would probably not be listed on the menu. We will be in Club Class in less than two weeks so I will try to ask.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Make sure that you order your meals from room service while the dining room is open and at lunch time at least 20 minutes before the dining room closes. When in Alaska earlier this year, we ordered lunch at 1:15, 15 minutes before the dining room closed. At first they said it was too late and when I pressed, they did say they had an attendant who could run to the dining room to get our order before it closed. I tipped them well and learned a lesson to always make sure room service has enough time to fill the order.

Regarding the menus, we tell the steward when we meet him / her for the first time that we would like the menus every day and we've never had a problem. Most of the time they are delivered when our cabin is serviced in the morning but sometimes they are there the night before.

Enjoy your suite, it's a wonderful experience!

Please we are in a suite and which to order from the MDR how do you get the menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The steward should leave them for you every day. When you meet your steward on embarkation day, you can also make a comment that you are looking forward to dining in the suite and will need the menus.