Carnival Cruise Line hides your cruise history.

pshhi2016

As a long time cruiser with Carnival (1985 to present) has anyone noticed that they only list your last 5 sailing with ships name and sail date on your cruise history under the VIFP section?

I printed off a copy of my cruise history in 2012 which listed all ship names and sail dates.

Now they "hide" :(same with the listings as "1 cruise = 7 points", really!!!!!

I always purchase the boarding photo with the decorative "archway" showing the ship name and sail date, but not everyone does.

This practice makes it hard if you think you or a friend are missing a cruise. Not at all "customer :evilsmile:centric".

Have been working with Carnival last 2 months about this issue without success. Everyone says they don't know which

"brain :eek: trust" made the decision to "hide" what ships and sail dates.

I'm not sure I understand the full import of your concern, but to the point where you said they only list the first 5, does your screen show this option near the bottom 'View All Past Cruises'? When I did that, all my cruises show up.

If you're missing cruises and that's your concern, I apologize for misunderstanding... I had to do the same thing for one cruise we had missing. I sent them the embarkation photo and got credit for it. But if you don't have that photo and it was a while ago, it would be tough to prove.

Actually I may have misunderstood the original post and I think I see what they were concerned about... when you expand your list of cruises, it doesn't detail them out- it just lists '1 Cruise- ' followed by the number of points. It still equates to the cruises in your history, but if you were chasing it down, it would be tough... no dates, no nothing...

Wow. You are really complaining about some NOT worth complaining about? As said, all you have to do is click on "view all past cruises' and they are all there.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I think the issue is the OP is trying to get credit for a missing cruise (which is why they're working with Carnival Guest Services, and need their embarkation photo). But in trying to figure out which one is missing, it's hard to tell, since the expanded list (as they mentioned) only shows you limited info about past cruises after the first 5- not the name of the ship, not the date, nothing. Just the fact that it was a cruise and the number of points you were credited.

So OP's complaint may be trivial to you, but I bet it wouldn't be if you were trying to get credit for a missing cruise!

Actually I may have misunderstood the original post and I think I see what they were concerned about... when you expand your list of cruises, it doesn't detail them out- it just lists '1 Cruise- ' followed by the number of points. It still equates to the cruises in your history, but if you were chasing it down, it would be tough... no dates, no nothing...

Not sure why you are just seeing '1 cruise' in your history. The only one I see that is listed that way is my first Carnival cruise on fantasy from 1999. And that one showed with details including booking number until they changed the program to VIFP. All my other 16 cruises list the ship, destination, booking number, # of days... EM

Same for me, click the "view all past cruises" and every one we've been on comes up. Not a problem at all. Nothing is hidden.

In my case all the cruises from 1/15/2001 to last week are listed in detail. However, the 7 cruises from 1987-2000 just show the number of days, not the ships or any details. I have a list, so I know that the 7 cruises represent sailings on the Carnivale in 1987, Jubilee in 1988, Holiday in 1990, Ecstasy in 1993, Tropicale in 1994 and 1995 and the Inspiration in 1996.

I save all my Sail and Sign cards in case a cruise does not show up in the profile.

In addition to checking my cruise history on my VIFP page occasionally, I also keep all my sign and sail cards. Used to put them on the fridge door with souvenir magnets but now I have too many magnets so the S&S cards are now on the front of my dishwasher.

Never had a problem with having an accurate history, but I'm prepared just in case.

This is incorrect. There is a "details" button right after the booking number of each listed cruise. If you click on that button you will get the Date of the Cruise, the Ship Name you were on, and the cabin number you were in. it then gives the starting number of days, the number of days for the cruise, and the ending number of days. What more information about each cruise would you want?

This is incorrect. There is a "details" button right after the booking number of each listed cruise. If you click on that button you will get the Date of the Cruise, the Ship Name you were on, and the cabin number you were in. it then gives the starting number of days, the number of days for the cruise, and the ending number of days. What more information about each cruise would you want?

Cruises taken before 2000 do not have that option. All you see for each year, and the year isn't even given, is the number of cruises taken and the total number of days. Here are my cruises prior to 2000.....

1 Cruises -- -- + 4.00

1 Cruises -- -- + 7.00

1 Cruises -- -- + 7.00

1 Cruises -- -- + 7.00

2 Cruises -- -- + 14.00

2 Cruises -- -- + 11.00

1 Cruises -- -- + 7.00

1 Cruises -- -- + 7.00

2 Cruises -- -- + 14.00

1 Cruises -- -- + 7.00

In addition to checking my cruise history on my VIFP page occasionally, I also keep all my sign and sail cards. Used to put them on the fridge door with souvenir magnets but now I have too many magnets so the S&S cards are now on the front of my dishwasher.

Never had a problem with having an accurate history, but I'm prepared just in case.

I keep my sign and sail cards too. I have one from every cruise and they are all attached to a lanyard.

As a long time cruiser with Carnival (1985 to present) has anyone noticed that they only list your last 5 sailing with ships name and sail date on your cruise history under the VIFP section?

I printed off a copy of my cruise history in 2012 which listed all ship names and sail dates.

Now they "hide" :(same with the listings as "1 cruise = 7 points", really!!!!!

I always purchase the boarding photo with the decorative "archway" showing the ship name and sail date, but not everyone does.

This practice makes it hard if you think you or a friend are missing a cruise. Not at all "customer :evilsmile:centric".

Have been working with Carnival last 2 months about this issue without success. Everyone says they don't know which

"brain :eek: trust" made the decision to "hide" what ships and sail dates.

You are a click away from seeing every cruise.

No, you are incorrect. It seems that what appears is different for different people, depending on when the cruises are.

My list shows all my cruises, with details, back to 2008. My 2 cruises before 1999 only show the line:

1 Cruises (no date, no ship, no booking number)... 7 days.

There is no Details button, no Cruise booking number, nothing!

They clearly say "Unfortunately, we don’t have detailed information for cruises before 1999,...". Frankly I was shocked they still had my history from the 90's.

Well, they used to have at least the ships and dates posted....I even at one point had all my ships back to 1986 posted until some genius decided long time cruisers didn't still need that information! I have other evidence of cruises, multiple photo albums, Carnival Capers , sail & sign cards ( once they started using those....before that we had Ving keys ! any one remember those?)