Reflection Norovirus 11/26

mycruises

There seems to be quite an unpleasant Norovirus situation on Reflection currently. We were in Luminae yesterday and they removed all the flowers from the tables and didn’t replace them. This morning, they removed all salt and pepper and milk with no explanation. Room cards have now been sanitised and they are enforcing santitiser at restaurant. Despite this, some people are still refusing sanitiser which is so very frustrating!

We get on her Monday.

I wonder if this will result in delayed boarding?

Chances are the ship will be scrubbed with bleach after passengers leave and before new passengers get on.

Do not forget your own Clorox wipes to wipe your cabin - especially door and window handles and the television remote.

I had Norovirus one time on a Celebrity ship and, believe me, you do NOT want it!!

There seems to be quite an unpleasant Norovirus situation on Reflection currently. We were in Luminae yesterday and they removed all the flowers from the tables and didn’t replace them. This morning, they removed all salt and pepper and milk with no explanation. Room cards have now been sanitised and they are enforcing santitiser at restaurant. Despite this, some people are still refusing sanitiser which is so very frustrating!

You know some people like myself are allergic to most sanitizers.....

Sometimes we are just walking through the buffet so we do decline the sanitizer then.

Does Celebrity have the staff serve in the buffet if the condition is serious? I'm wondering, since the OP didn't mention them doing this, so maybe it's not that bad.

Yes, it must be bad. We're also on ship and have been told by fellow pax that the ship is up to as much as 50% sick with noro. Their daughter had signs 5 days back and I personally have witnessed two other areas where people had gotten sick ( one another young girl ) that the crew was in the process of cleaning. Have also overheard people talking about the doctor $$ visit. This morning was the first sign of any additional cleaning going on in buffet, all windows, phones, etc. Up until now everything has been self serve as usual in buffets but LOTS of staff appear to be coughing and not feeling well. They look to be run down and not up to par. Have had servers in Murano and MDR as well as Elite Tuscan morning coffee break coughing while taking food orders and our cabin steward doesn't appear to be feeling well today also. Days ago while in spa relaxation room I also heard numerous spa girls coughing and sneezing even though they didn't stop giving treatments. So come prepared if you're boarding soon. I'm glad to be leaving. I always wash my hands prior to eating and only use fork and knife no hands. But it seems to me the staff pass things around and they touch everyones key cards and drink glasses, etc. Wish they would have been more proactive.

We also had a small boat that was sinking off starboard side this morning. The Capt left his Navigation talk to head up to the bridge to oversee. They put out the small lifeboat with 6 crew on board to check it out, No one was found and they marked the boat and called in to Coast guard to report location, etc. before we continued on.

One surprise we had was tendering in St Lucia as they are repairing the usual dock which only left space for one ship, Adventure OTS. It took forever to go a very short distance to shore. Lots of waiting and caused us to miss our pre arranged tour with Cosol. Even with Elite plus status we couldn't take tender till 9:30 while we arrived at 7:00 and tour was to start at 8:30. No advance notice until we noticed it in the daily. We were supposed to dock at all ports according to Celebrity and our posted schedule.

Cruise has been okay not great

Wanted to mention the Connections party Celebrity hosted for the 65 or so of us. This has now been only the 4th one I've attended with Celebrity and I wonder why they don't do a little more for us. They introduce a few of the staff and then just disappear to leave us to meet but they just don't seem to do anything else. Other cruise lines try to impress us with great snacks, treats sent to our cabin later, raffles, etc. Why don't they use this opportunity more? Am I the only one who feels they're missing the boat on this one?

We are on the Reflection and I did notice all the sugars, jellies, salt & pepper was removed from the tables. It does seem to be less people around the pool today. I have no idea how many people are sick.

Besides that, the cruise has been fantastic. I have no complaints about the food (every meal was really good), I did not have any bad meals and we ate at all of the specialty restaurants.

Staff was also fantastic, always smiling and saying hello.

True the tender line was long, but they did give us notice the day before.

It just shows you that two people can be on the same cruise and have different opinions.

Hoping they get this under control quickly but it takes everyone to follow the rules, wash hands, use towels opening bathroom doors etc. We had this on Equinox twice and we took extra care and got away without any issues, our friend ended up in her cabin 5 days. Were boarding in a couple of weeks so time to get the extras in

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also want to mention that the ships doctor will not charge for visit or treatment for the norovirus. Not sure why people would say they had to pay $$$ for treatment. I think the crew has better information than passengers complaining.

Yesterday, the cabin stewards were constantly washing down the railings in the hallways, elevator buttons etc...This morning all the salt, peppers, sugars etc... have been removed from tables and the crew is serving in the buffet. Norovirus and lots of colds on board. People sneezing into the air or their hands. Yuck.

On a high note, my son has the classic beverage package and has been given unopen cans of coke at the outdoor bars.

Handrails:mad:.

On one of my first cruises I was so careful to not use the handrails going up/down stairs.

On formal night my heel got caught in my dress and I fell head first down the stairs. I wasn't hurt. Now I use the handrails and wash/sanitize after.;p

Just to be clear I'm not the one complaining nor sick. Our cruise has been fun, not great. Yes, the crew are friendly just lots of them appear sick. Also, no there isn't usually a fee to see the doctor if it relates to noro. Not exactly sure what the pax mentioning doctor fees had been seen for as isn't any of my concern. We too have been to specialty restaurants most nights this cruise. Plenty of different wait staff at all of them. Guess it's just the luck of the draw as to who waits on you each night as to whether or not someone is sick. Enjoy your cruise we usually do. Some just end of being better than others. We enjoyed all our ports just thought others might find it interesting to be forewarned about St Lucia dock being in repair. Off to enjoy my last night of this sailing!