Forget the Yacht Club, now there is the CC....

basketballdad

I spent hours on our balcony, I wake up really early and enjoy looking for sea life (saw dolphins last year). And posting on here.

Order coffee from room service and just relax!

DH just slept!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So a lot of folks spend a lot of time talking about the y.c. I know, it's pretty cool, exclusive, expensive, and frankly sometimes it comes across a bit snobbish. Sorry, a few posts really do, to a point where the poorer rest of us almost feel like we are in stowage class. Like we are 2nd class citizens cause either y.c. is sold out or frankly we don't have the cash or we chose not to spend the cash on the exclusive y.c.

So, for the vast majority of us not in the Yatch Club I have created our own exclusive group called the Canoe Club. Still on the same water, still the same ports, just cheaper and not as fancy. Good food, same scenery, just a poor man's Yatch club called the canoe club. I'll still bring 2 suites for formal nights on the 7 nighters.

That is all. Hope eggs, or grey pupon in the case, aren't hurreled my way.

Absolutely brilliant Basketballdad!

Every dignified club needs a motto, may I humbly suggest something I looked up:

"A bonis ad meliora"

Cheers.

I ask...Im just curious. Why would someone get an inside room with the Yacht club?
It comes down to one word - Value. We booked an inside room in the YC, could have gotten an OV, Balcony or even a non-YC suite for less.

We have 30+ cruises under our belt from insides to Suites, with and without a butler.

On the Seaside, in my mind and right now the YC inside and the SJ3 suite represent great value, and at the right price.

I like the sound of this Canoe Club. Even if I won a big lottery, I would not book the Yacht Club. It just is not my style. Dont need butlers, or exclusive dining areas, or big fancy rooms. So sign me up for the Canoe Club please:D

Same here ...just not my personal style either :D

Im curious about this and I am in no way trying to be insulting or confrontational when I ask...Im just curious. Why would someone get an inside room with the Yacht club? Through my way of thinking, inside rooms were always cheapest, then oceanview, then balconies, then rooms that were bigger with bigger balconies. And that was the hierarchy. Being in the YC, but in an inside room seems counterintuitive. Im really curious because I have seen the similarity in pricing and wonder why someone might choose this option.

It is a great question. I think, after having had the experience and choosing to do it again next fall, it comes down to the intimacy and quiet YC provides. Always a very comfortable lounge chair with nothing but ocean ahead. A pool that was rarely used. A quiet table for two with no lines at any time we felt like dining. Great cocktail hour with a lovely canape buffet every night. AND with all drinks included in YC, it was a great value. I also liked having show, excursion and specialty restaurant reservations made for me by the concierge—no sitting on hold! I am not a big drinker but I like trying new ones and if they weren’t to my liking, I wasn’t out $10.

I felt taken care of. And with a decision-filled job and life, that feels like vacation to me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im curious about this and I am in no way trying to be insulting or confrontational when I ask...Im just curious. Why would someone get an inside room with the Yacht club? Through my way of thinking, inside rooms were always cheapest, then oceanview, then balconies, then rooms that were bigger with bigger balconies. And that was the hierarchy. Being in the YC, but in an inside room seems counterintuitive. Im really curious because I have seen the similarity in pricing and wonder why someone might choose this option.

A fair question and one I have been thinking on myself as I work on choosing another cruise.

As far as dollar amount items I have seen mentioned YC insides get the deluxe drink plan which is a $770 value for 2 people on a 7 night cruise, two massages and access to the thermal spa which I think I saw for about $250-300 if booked in advance, and I read in one review steak and lobster is served in the YC grill nightly verses $20 per person per night in the MDR and it isn't offered there every night. So roughly a $280 bonus. Other than that the less tangibles seem to be a less crowded pool deck with enough loungers for everyone, a robe, slippers, and priority boarding. Having read about people getting up before 7 am to go claim a lounger on the general pool decks that YC pool deck doesn't sound bad.

Now whether your wallet can take the hit, or even if you want to spend your hard earned cash on that is a whole other issue.

We had the option when we booked but decided against it because we've never had a balcony cabin. In the past we've gone with an oceanview or inside and saved the cash to spend on certain deluxe shore excursions we wanted to try. This time we've got a balcony so we'll see what that's like and we got the classic drink plan as a booking bonus when we booked. MSC is awesome because they let me upgrade that to a deluxe for $56 which makes me very happy.

Could have gone for a cabin with a balcony in the YC, but then this would be our only vacation for about 18 months. Instead we're taking the difference and some travel points earned from work travel to spend a week in the Hyatt Zilara for our anniversary because we want to see Chichen Itzu and won't have time when our cruise stops at Cozumel. :)

As far as dollar amount items I have seen mentioned YC insides get the deluxe drink plan which is a $770 value for 2 people on a 7 night cruise, two massages and access to the thermal spa ............

Both Aurea and YC do get access to the thermal area; however, YC guests don't get massages included in their booking - these are only included in Aurea bookings.

It is a great question. I think, after having had the experience and choosing to do it again next fall, it comes down to the intimacy and quiet YC provides. Always a very comfortable lounge chair with nothing but ocean ahead. A pool that was rarely used. A quiet table for two with no lines at any time we felt like dining. Great cocktail hour with a lovely canape buffet every night. AND with all drinks included in YC, it was a great value. I also liked having show, excursion and specialty restaurant reservations made for me by the concierge—no sitting on hold! I am not a big drinker but I like trying new ones and if they weren’t to my liking, I wasn’t out $10.

I felt taken care of. And with a decision-filled job and life, that feels like vacation to me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You sold me, how can I say no to all those perks. It’s YC all the way now. Sorry fellow CC club members, I’m going to the dark side.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We don’t cruise very often. After 10 years I finally talked my husband into a cruise on NCL Escape. I surprised him by getting a Haven Spa cabin—the least expensive. I sprang it on him when we were in our hotel room the morning of the cruise. I videoed him as I told him to put the luggage tags on that said “Haven” on them. He was clueless. When I explained to him what that meant I thought he was going to blow a gasket. He said that he wasn’t that type of person and didn’t have the right clothes for that atmosphere. After a few days into the cruise, he said we’d never sail again unless it was in the Haven type atmosphere. I figured no loss because it’d be another 10 years before we cruise again anyway. When we got home and I was on these boards, I saw people talking about the MSC Divina’s Yacht Club. I looked into it and saw that I could get the 2-room suite for $2000 less than I paid for The Haven. He said “do it”. WOW—cruising two years in a row. Loved it so much more than the Haven. While sitting relaxing just listening to some music one evening, he asked me “what would you think about bringing our daughter and her family (husband and two teens) on on cruise in the YC for our 50th wedding anniversary”. I was shocked. When we got home, I looked into booking a cruise for the week of July 20, 2019 on the Seaside. After three months of back and forth with MSC (that week wasn’t opening up as a one-week) we are finally confirmed. Can’t wait. This will be a great celebration for our 50th and my DH and my 70 birthdays. At 68,my husband and I still work so we can do things like this. All in all (long winded) it’ll be the YC only.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Im curious about this and I am in no way trying to be insulting or confrontational when I ask...Im just curious. Why would someone get an inside room with the Yacht club?

I think quite simply to get access to the YC and all it offers in terms of service, food and priority everything. We are traditionally Canoe Club cruisers and my wife has often said she would not like the personal attention of a butler or need for a concierge(she has me!). However, she has always expressed the wish to holiday somewhere with a private hot tub! So, I have booked an Aurea whirlpool suite on seaside for February 2019. The tub will be a surprise for her. However, for $50 more pp, I could book a YC interior. However, we love the balcony and often spend time there rather than battle the chair hogs and crowds on deck, especially after being ashore. With Aurea, we will have Top 18 sundeck, 2 massages, access to the Thermal Spa, included drinks package(may upgrade) priority boarding and anytime dining in a private area of Seashore DR. YC balcony would be $500 more pp but we would lose the tub. Some day perhaps! Ken

This will be a great celebration for our 50th and my DH and my 70 birthdays. At 68,my husband and I still work so we can do things like this. All in all (long winded) it’ll be the YC only.

Love your story. Welcome to the addicts club. Enjoy your 50th! Wow! Ken

So a lot of folks spend a lot of time talking about the y.c. I know, it's pretty cool, exclusive, expensive, and frankly sometimes it comes across a bit snobbish. Sorry, a few posts really do, to a point where the poorer rest of us almost feel like we are in stowage class. Like we are 2nd class citizens cause either y.c. is sold out or frankly we don't have the cash or we chose not to spend the cash on the exclusive y.c.

So, for the vast majority of us not in the Yatch Club I have created our own exclusive group called the Canoe Club. Still on the same water, still the same ports, just cheaper and not as fancy. Good food, same scenery, just a poor man's Yatch club called the canoe club. I'll still bring 2 suites for formal nights on the 7 nighters.

The biggest difference I’ve noticed between YC and non YC is that most, if not all, YC members know the difference between a suite and a suit.

You pack suits, you reside in suites. It can become so tiresome trying to communicate with the poorly educated and for this reason alone the YC would seem the better destination.

The biggest difference I’ve noticed between YC and non YC is that most, if not all, YC members know the difference between a suite and a suit.

You pack suits, you reside in suites. It can become so tiresome trying to communicate with the poorly educated and for this reason alone the YC would seem the better destination.

Spelling snab. [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the balcony and often spend time there rather than battle the chair hogs and crowds on deck, especially after being ashore. With Aurea, we will have Top 18 sundeck, 2 massages, access to the Thermal Spa, included drinks package(may upgrade) priority boarding and anytime dining in a private area of Seashore DR.Ken

We had Aurea on the Divina. Aurea is great if the price difference is not too much. Some of the perks listed for Aurea are somewhat misleading. Would we do Aurea again. Price is the big factor. sometimes you can add the perks you want and pay for them at a cheaper cost. JMHO!

Priority boarding - if you are Black Card you get Priority boarding.

Anytime dining - if you want to chose your dining time.

Anytime dining in a private area - on Divina there was no private area.

I agree....I actually just said to my DH that I have yet to see a post about the Seaside that some question/comment about the YC hasn't been mentioned. I heard that it's total of 180 people in the YC on each sailing yet they seem to jeopardize every thread!

I like the Canoe Club!

LOL!

Typo?

On my upcoming B2B on the Seaside I have a fantastica balcony cabin the first week and am in the Yacht Club the second week. Do I have to raise my nose up the second week as I'll still be the same person I was on the first week?

We'll see Bob! And no practicing "nose raising" that first week. Don't worry...we'll keep you in check!! LOL!

People mostly sail according to their budget, those who choose YC are no different but there will always be the odd ones who appear to believe that they are better than everyone else!

Think the YC is bad then try sailing Cunard!

I have heard far more about the YC than I ever heard about the "Grills" on Cunard.

I agree with this. YC decision would be based on higher quality of product (cabin, food etc.) rather than the idea of having someone 'work for me' or to lord it over other passengers. I would like to think that attitude is reserved to a minority.

However I think the fact there is lots of discussion about the YC is because it is not something everyone gets to experience, and people who aspire to the YC want to know that their hard earned money will be well spent.

If you want your hard earned dollars to return real value and a first class experience experience shared by all on board, consider cruising on a premium line like Oceania or Azamara. Do the math on a "bottom line" price comparison for all anticipated expenses (e.g., included airfare or air credit on Oceania).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have heard far more about the YC than I ever heard about the "Grills" on Cunard.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to answer this...

firstly I get paid expenses for my train journey to work and I travel ‘standard class “ not first class.

After having conversations with ‘cunard’ regulars on Divina I know that’s not for me either!

The week on Divina in the Yacht Club was our best vacation ever. Honestly ever.

I have 2 cruises coming up a RC cruise that actually costs more than a Bellissima Yacht Club cruise.

I know what I’m most looking forward to!

Just try Yacht Club it really isn’t ‘stuck up’

I’ve been trying to figure out how to answer this...

firstly I get paid expenses for my train journey to work and I travel ‘standard class “ not first class.

After having conversations with ‘cunard’ regulars on Divina I know that’s not for me either!

The week on Divina in the Yacht Club was our best vacation ever. Honestly ever.

I have 2 cruises coming up a RC cruise that actually costs more than a Bellissima Yacht Club cruise.

I know what I’m most looking forward to!

Just try Yacht Club it really isn’t ‘stuck up’

There was no answer required....I just was stating that when I sailed on the QM2 and was perusing the CC boards, there was a mention here and there about the "grills" and never on our 4 sailing on the QM2 did I meet anyone, anywhere who mentioned they were in the grills.

I know because this is a new ship and a new cruise line for many, there are a lot of questions. I also know that I have not come across a single thread that someone did not mention they were in the YC.

When we choose our cruising experience, we go by ship, itinerary, most bang for the buck and the onboard experience we enjoy! If folks feel that for them YC is worth it to them, have at it. I get it.

This time we just didn't think it was worth spending the same amount on YC for 14 days, that we are spending on our 25 day Med/TA cruise in the fall. Different strokes for different folks.

The thing that kind of made it sound to some that the YC people were snobbish was when they starting discussing "that you can't bring anyone in with you", "that the butlers will keep them out", "that some people were "lookie lous", "we paid for this and we don't want others to experience it" by sneaking in.....well I think that is where it was coming from.

In the end, we all choose the experience we want or can afford and it would be nice if we can keep that in mind.