Introducing the New Sky Princess

chamima

I got this in an email from a TA today and came to the Princess boards expecting it to be exploding with news.

But nothing - so I'll start it.

Introducing Sky Princess Debuts in Europe 2019

World, meet Sky Princess. In 2019, she makes her maiden voyage across the Mediterranean - not a bad place to get started! Your clients will revel in the best features of her sister ships - Majestic Princess, Regal Princess and Royal Princess - brought together, plus some exciting new features to be revealed in the coming months! They'll find comfort in The Sanctuary or give into their inner foodie with fresh, new dining options. Each decorative touch and elegant design was built to enhance the guest experience at every turn.

Sure hope they have not eliminated Crooner's like they did on the Majestic. For us that would probably place this ship on the no booking list.

I didn't realize they had eliminated Crooners on the Majestic. (I guess I didn't pay enough attention :o )

It's one of our favorite places to spend the evening ! We also sail on Celebrity and no piano bar is a huge negative for us on there so I'd be really sad not to see it on Princess new builds.

Hopefully, since this ship isn't being built for the Chinese market, they'll bring it back!

Is there any word on where she will be home-ported? I'm hoping we will see her here in North America. (yn)

Since the Royal Princess is going to the west coast in 2019, it would make sense for the Sky Princess to take her place on the summer European/winter Caribbean itineraries.

Since the Royal Princess is going to the west coast in 2019, it would make sense for the Sky Princess to take her place on the summer European/winter Caribbean itineraries.

According to Coral's thread, she will be spending her first few weeks in the Med before doing a TA to Fort Lauderdale for the start of December 2019.

Sandra

I would LOVE to see Princess bring back the longer, true 14 day cruises in the Caribbean but I know that's not going to happen.

Actually, there are a few true 14 day Caribbean cruises...

I should have added "in the winter" (February)

I would LOVE to see Princess bring back the longer, true 14 day cruises in the Caribbean but I know that's not going to happen.

We're booked on Caribbean Princess for a 14 day Circle Caribbean which is a true 14 day cruise. Sailing March 18.

We're booked on Caribbean Princess for a 14 day Circle Caribbean which is a true 14 day cruise. Sailing March 18.

And we are on a 14 day Circle the Caribbean cruise January 13 on the Caribbean Princess. No return to FL in the middle.

Actually, there are a few true 14 day Caribbean cruises...

We are booked on the CB for a "true" 14 day Caribbean cruise leaving PE on November 11, 2018. We leave PE on 11/11 and return on 11/25. It was booked under the s'n's program so bottoms up.

I know that people not yet retired prefer starting and ending a cruise on a week end to minimize the number of vacation days they must take off from their employer. There are so many cruise ships doing 7 or 14 day cruises sailing on week ends out of Port Everglades that the crowding in Ft. Lauderdale is terrible and runs prices up. As an old retired cruiser, I prefer taking a cruise whose length is not a multiple of 7 days. That way I am much less apt to be in Ft. Lauderdale on a weekend. Of course a 10 day cruise is not long enough but if I take two such cruises back-to-back I can satisfy the urge to cruise for a few months.