Second Cabin

Zenica

If we get a second cabin for someone, does anyone have any suggestions for how to get the best discounts off paying double? I know the studio is one way but is there another?

Also how can I redirect the OBC (if any) to our reservation? This person will have no use for it and if nothing else, I can apply it to some CruiseNext certificates.

Also, will this person, at our invitation, be able to join us in the Haven pool area?

Also, will this person, at our invitation, be able to join us in the Haven pool area?

No.

The person not staying in the suite/Haven will not be allowed to use the Haven pool, Haven bar, Haven lounge, Haven courtyard, etc.

If you keep them booked in your suite, they can use the Haven. If they are booked in a different stateroom, they cannot use the Haven.

↑ Just asking if the studio is the most advantageous price for solo travelers, cost being the prime consideration.

Can one cabin's OBC be transferred to another cabin?

So I can't bring a non haven ship passenger into the Haven area? or my Haven cabin???

Are there any known exceptions to this? Say, to have someone accompany our kids to the pool for a short time so we can stretch our legs?

No. If you brought someone into the Haven, every other suite could (potentially) do the same thing. That would defeat the purpose of the Haven.

You can have your friend watch the kids at the waterslides or at the pools outside of the Haven.

The best discount to add a single passenger (especially if you want them to have haven access) is to add them to your room. Outside of that, your choices are as you stated, pay double occupancy for a regular cabin or for a solo cabin. But no, there’s no way that person will have access to the haven public areas. It’s a slippery slope, start w the nanny (assuming that’s who you are bringing), then someone will want a close family member, and soon enough you would have 1 family booking a haven cabin and bringing their whole extended family into the haven areas with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The best discount to add a single passenger (especially if you want them to have haven access) is to add them to your room. Outside of that, your choices are as you stated, pay double occupancy for a regular cabin or for a solo cabin. But no, there’s no way that person will have access to the haven public areas. It’s a slippery slope, start w the nanny (assuming that’s who you are bringing), then someone will want a close family member, and soon enough you would have 1 family booking a haven cabin and bringing their whole extended family into the haven areas with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're mostly correct. It isn't our Au Pair, but rather a distant family member that's willing to come and help with the kids when we need so she can have some time on the ship to herself. We'd rather she had her own cabin so she doesn't feel beholden to us the whole time wanting to help out or feel awkward if she isn't. Plus at her age, I'm sure privacy is a big issue. I guess we'll just have to find a way to deal with the restriction....but the main pool is out of the question.

The adults at the kids pool were less behaved than those you'd forgive of poor judgement. Our kids took one look and said they didn't need to use the pool.

14kxlrk.jpg

You're mostly correct. It isn't our Au Pair, but rather a distant family member that's willing to come and help with the kids when we need so she can have some time on the ship to herself. We'd rather she had her own cabin so she doesn't feel beholden to us the whole time wanting to help out or feel awkward if she isn't. Plus at her age, I'm sure privacy is a big issue. I guess we'll just have to find a way to deal with the restriction....but the main pool is out of the question.

The adults at the kids pool were less behaved than those you'd forgive of poor judgement. Our kids took one look and said they didn't need to use the pool.

14kxlrk.jpg

Looking at this picture....I don't blame them! It's a bit disgusting!

The adult pool was a little less chaotic but still a mess and the pool itself too deep.

The adults in the kids pool should have been watching from the sides, not in the pool contributing to the overcrowding.

It was like this most days, our kids got to use the pool just once.

A prime example of overpopulation at its worst. Really unappealing!
Exactly! They need to stop building bigger and bigger ships unless they make better cruiser friendly designs. They make the ship bigger but do not increase the size of anything else which should be a requirement. In fact they DECREASED the size of the cabins and balcony on the BA. January will be our first cruise on a mega ship only because it was the only ship going to the Western Caribbean out of NYC, otherwise, we'd have no desire to be on one of those monsters. I mean the only positive to a mega ship is more $$$ for the cruise line. There no benefit to the cruiser.

Exactly! They need to stop building bigger and bigger ships unless they make better cruiser friendly designs. They make the ship bigger but do not increase the size of anything else which should be a requirement. In fact they DECREASED the size of the cabins and balcony on the BA. January will be our first cruise on a mega ship only because it was the only ship going to the Western Caribbean out of NYC, otherwise, we'd have no desire to be on one of those monsters. I mean the only positive to a mega ship is more $$$ for the cruise line. There no benefit to the cruiser.

And yet these cruiser unfriendly mega ships are sailing full and the vast majority of people are enjoying them, many coming back again and again. So, there must be more positives than just more money for the cruise line. Since you haven't sailed on one yet perhaps temper your judgement on them until you sail on one or you may just have a bad attitude before you board.

I hope you get your impression changed once on board and have a great trip in January.

The family pool can look like this....

The image I posted was the family pool area. It was divided into a toddler section suitable to up 5 or 6 and there was the area to the left (of the perspective viewed in the image) where kids older than 6 but younger than 12 were seen.

Both areas were crowded, chaotic and rife with unruly parents.

The image I posted was the family pool area.

I know that. People not familiar with BA/GA might think that the splash area is the only area for kids. Both the splash area and the pool next to it can be used by kids. Adults can swim in the family pool or in the adult pool that is further towards the front of the ship.

Apparently enough cruisers believe there is a benefit... since they are selling cabins so well.
Never said that there are no cruisers that like the mega ships...even though I've seen a ton of negative reviews, I know there are equal positive reviews. I was responding to and agreeing specifically with the OP not the general public. That said, even among those who like these big ships I bet many of them are not fond of all the long lines and crowded pools. We are not pool people so that won't affect our good time on our first cruise on a mega ship. I may not like the crowed feelings in all the common areas but I know how to shove it under a rug and not let it spoil my time. But, it will be a test as to whether I will want to cruise on a mega ship in the future. I will keep an open mind.

I know that. People not familiar with BA/GA might think that the splash area is the only area for kids. Both the splash area and the pool next to it can be used by kids. Adults can swim in the family pool or in the adult pool that is further towards the front of the ship.

Understood.

I didn't realize what your post meant till now.