Confirmed Dining Time but Waitlisted

ahracer

My reservation says:

Dining Requested 6:00pm

Dining Confirmed 6:00pm

Dining Time:

6:00pm (wait listed #52) Table of 4

Does that mean I am confirmed for 6:00 but wait listed for a table of 4?

Also find it strange that a week ago I was #17 now #52.

I would call Princess. That happened to me last February and I was told that I was confirmed on a waitlist. A week later I got an email telling me we were confirmed and not on a waitlist. Very confusing so I called Princes and they said I was confirmed for the 6:00 dinning. It is very strange that you would have been #17 and now #52. I was 104 then ten and then no longer on a wait list.

My reservation says:

Dining Time:

Yes. That is true.

Don't count on actually having a 6:00 PM dining time. We were confirmed for 6:00 but once onboard they changed it to 5:30. Too dang early. One one cruise they changed us to 5:15. We are going back to ATD. I really don't like being lied to so if I am "confirmed" for 6:00 they should leave it at that time.

My reservation says:

Dining Time:

They put there friends ahead of you.

My reservation says:

Dining Time:

Sorry to say, but none of you got it. The OP is confirmed for his dining time choice and the Table is for 4. The bottom line in his/her post with the wait list # is actually a drop down box on the Personalizer and it indicates the dining choices for the cruise and where one would be if a change was made. It is normal for the wait list to grow once a time slot is filled - hence, the change from #17 to #52. The top-line is what is important - confirmed. Also, in the summary page of the Personalizer it will state the current dining status - requested and confirmed. The OP is fine as-is unless he/she decides to make a change.

The table size is also a drop down list on the real page in Personalizer and it is set to the last choice the OP made.

I see no issues here.

Sorry to say, but none of you got it. The OP is confirmed for his dining time choice and the Table is for 4. The bottom line in his/her post with the wait list # is actually a drop down box on the Personalizer and it indicates the dining choices for the cruise and where one would be if a change was made. It is normal for the wait list to grow once a time slot is filled - hence, the change from #17 to #52. The top-line is what is important - confirmed. Also, in the summary page of the Personalizer it will state the current dining status - requested and confirmed. The OP is fine as-is unless he/she decides to make a change.

The table size is also a drop down list on the real page in Personalizer and it is set to the last choice the OP made.

I see no issues here.

Precisely. The OP needs to not click on the dropbox to change seatings, unless that is what they actually want to do.

Table size is only a request, has nothing to do with place on the wait list, and can never be confirmed in advance. Astounding how the above posts just kept repeating the same illogical answer: "confirmed for time choice but not for table choice" Really?

Yes, I agree with the last posters. And yes, I would be clicking my heels so to speak if I ever saw a 6PM dining time once I actually got on board the ship. That hasn't happened in years for me! They should just put down "early" and "late" for traditional dining choices as the time is so fictional. I love 6pm traditional dining, if they still had it. Past 4-5 cruises it has been 5:30pm and if "lucky" 5:45pm! That is why I think I am going to love CC dining as it combines the best of traditional and ATD and I can go at 6PM or so if I want to!!!!!!!!!!!

Pooh

Starting last year we have moved from ATD to TD and the "6:00 PM" dining time. So far the "6:00 PM" has been 5:30 PM on all of our cruises last year and this year. Our next cruise in a few months will most likely actually be 5:30. Also we have always requested a table of 6. So far we have received a table for 8, 4 and 2. So much for the request but it does say they will "try" to meet our request. :(

So the "6:00" time is actually 5:30 and they will assign you to a table of their choosing. Why don't they change the time on the personalizer?

I would call Princess. That happened to me last February and I was told that I was confirmed on a waitlist. A week later I got an email telling me we were confirmed and not on a waitlist. Very confusing so I called Princes and they said I was confirmed for the 6:00 dinning. It is very strange that you would have been #17 and now #52. I was 104 then ten and then no longer on a wait list.

Is it possible the the number (52 or 17) represents the actual table number or location? or Wait listed(52)could simply be their way of saying that even though it is confirmed you will have to wait for a hoat/hostess to seat you. They can't possibly seat everyone at the same time due to volume and number of hosts to walk you to your table. As others have said, a call or emailmay help set your mind at ease. Hope it works out well for you.

Is it possible the the number (52 or 17) represents the actual table number or location? or Wait listed(52)could simply be their way of saying that even though it is confirmed you will have to wait for a hoat/hostess to seat you. They can't possibly seat everyone at the same time due to volume and number of hosts to walk you to your table. As others have said, a call or emailmay help set your mind at ease. Hope it works out well for you.

No - not at all. The # is the position on the wait list and it jumps by 2 for each booking involving a cabin of 2 people, or depending on occupancy. Like we were #3 and our friends were #5 prior to us both being confirmed. This is about TRADITIONAL dining and no one waits to be seated. Once you know your table, you just show up. There is never a wait list in the reservation system for ANYTIME dining.

(TOESCAT didn't understand the OP posting and I am sure understands now after correct info posted).

The waitlist number showing is what someone’s position in line Would Be if they were to change to that dining selection at that moment. If you are already confirmed in that dining selection, it is an irrelevant number. It only is relevant to someone wishing to select for the first time or change their dining to a new time.

Yes, I agree with the last posters. And yes, I would be clicking my heels so to speak if I ever saw a 6PM dining time once I actually got on board the ship. That hasn't happened in years for me! They should just put down "early" and "late" for traditional dining choices as the time is so fictional. I love 6pm traditional dining, if they still had it. Past 4-5 cruises it has been 5:30pm and if "lucky" 5:45pm! That is why I think I am going to love CC dining as it combines the best of traditional and ATD and I can go at 6PM or so if I want to!!!!!!!!!!!

Pooh

Ah yes. We have eaten early at 6:00pm right up through Nov 2015 doing TD early (but selecting the later of the two early times). I think the last time or two the official was 5:45 but you have 15 minutes to arrive, so the flexibility was nice, depending on the day if we needed a few extra minutes. I think it has backed up from before because they start earliest dinner sooner and so it means everyone early has to show up sooner.

Wish I could consider CC dining as an up-charge, but the price of a Mini, plus the up-charge for location and the service is too much for us. We'll just live with the situation and make the best of it. From what I can tell, our upcoming (JAN) 5:45pm is going to be just that based on info from near-term guests. Prior to 5:30pm is just too early.

So the "6:00" time is actually 5:30 and they will assign you to a table of their choosing. Why don't they change the time on the personalizer?

I think they just put standard sample times in the Personalizer because every ship has slightly different times, depending on MD and other senior hotel/dining staff I presume. I imagine Santa Clara doesn't know when these might change either on each ship.

I just think that with dinner starting sooner, they cannot afford to have tables sitting empty waiting for a 6:00pm early dining time. If it gets too early, we'll have to stop TD and go back to AT. Or maybe they will introduce an "early late" TD time like 7:00pm since all those 5:00pm and 5:15pm folks will have cleared out and tables ready to go again. :D

what happens if you don't show up until 6 pm? does it really matter if you are at a 2 top? I guess it might if you were dining with people you don't know and show up 'late'...

You only have up to 15 minutes past the scheduled time to show. Then they "close doors" and your table is apt to be given away to AT diners. If at a group table, the group doesn't have to wait for missing diners - I know I wouldn't. Polite folks advise the wait staff if not planning to come or going to be late due to shore time, etc.

Don't count on actually having a 6:00 PM dining time. We were confirmed for 6:00 but once onboard they changed it to 5:30. Too dang early. One one cruise they changed us to 5:15. We are going back to ATD. I really don't like being lied to so if I am "confirmed" for 6:00 they should leave it at that time.

We'll be joining if the times get too early for us. We have several late departures on our next trip, so Horizon Court might be an answer or I have heard they sometimes just go all open seating for later departure times.

We'll be joining if the times get too early for us. We have several late departures on our next trip, so Horizon Court might be an answer or I have heard they sometimes just go all open seating for later departure times.

Changing to open seating for everyone has been my experience when port departure has been after 8:30 PM.

what happens if you don't show up until 6 pm? does it really matter if you are at a 2 top? I guess it might if you were dining with people you don't know and show up 'late'...

First, you may not be allowed in the dining room if you are more than 10 -15 minutes late (the restriction will be on a sign at the MDR).

Second, you throw off the service for everyone in your waitstaff's area while they play catch up with you.

If being on time is too much of a burden, there is the Lido.

First, you may not be allowed in the dining room if you are more than 10 -15 minutes late (the restriction will be on a sign at the MDR).

Second, you throw off the service for everyone in your waitstaff's area while they play catch up with you.

If being on time is too much of a burden, there is the Lido.

If SOME people are a few minutes late, it's a good thing as waiters can't be everywhere at once. Helps stagger the service.