Celebrity's policy for bringing sodas or water aboard!

Caseycakes

I called Celebrity last week with the same questions about soda and water.  Customer service told me that you can no longer stick a luggage tag on your drinks, instead you have to carry them yourself onto ship until your cabin is ready.  For soda, they mentioned there were no brand exclusions.  However, for water, it was noted you can only bring on board brands you cannot get on the ship.  According to Celebrity's website this would be any brands other than Evian, Pellegrino and Perrier. 

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

You may bring any type of water onboard as long as its visible, sealed and not in checked luggage. It's not brand specific even if sold on the ship just as you are allowed to carry on 2 bottles of wine per cabin. I'm just wondering the cost of San Pellegrino if I want to purchase for room consumption.

As I recall the small bottles of Perrier and San Pellegrino were around $3 each, the large ones maybe $5? A pretty substantial markup no matter how you slice it. 

2 minutes ago, Alsmez said:

As I recall the small bottles of Perrier and San Pellegrino were around $3 each, the large ones maybe $5? A pretty substantial markup no matter how you slice it. 

Yes it is but guess we have to remember they are running a business. I may bring a couple plastic bottles from home and can always buy onboard if need be. Airlines limit luggage to 20 kg which is not a lot for 12 nights.

6 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Yes it is but guess we have to remember they are running a business. I may bring a couple plastic bottles from home and can always buy onboard if need be. Airlines limit luggage to 20 kg which is not a lot for 12 nights.

Of course - and the cost of Perrier is one of the reasons I love the drink packages so much! BTW, I found some water prices listed on one of the menus on this link: https://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#package It lists Perrier at $2.50 and Pellegrino at $4 - I assume those are both small bottles. Oddly enough, even though Perrier is cheaper, in my experience when you ask for sparkling water they always offer Pellegrino first. I vastly prefer Perrier and have to specify. Perhaps it has been a supply issue on my cruises.

• Thanks 1

I would almost guarantee that at some embarkation ports, you can just put a label on your case of water and it will arrive in your cabin....and at others maybe not and you'll have to take it with you (some how) and carry it onboard.  More than likely the actual policy hasn't changed....just some folks in HQ think it might have....and as far as their web site...even the folks on the ship don't go there to look at current policy.

Considering the cost of water/soda...if it arrives, you're in good shape.  If, when you get to the port,  you are told you can't take it on board, you haven't lost much...just throw it in the trash and call it a good try.

• 1 year later...

Hi:  We hopefully will be onboard the Celebrity Reflection in December.  We do not drink alcohol, but my husband likes non-alcoholic beer.  Does anyone know if we can bring a 12 pack (of cans) of non-alcoholic beer onboard if we carry it on ourselves.  We did that last year on Carnival with no problem.

6 minutes ago, lolaletu said:

Hi:  We hopefully will be onboard the Celebrity Reflection in December.  We do not drink alcohol, but my husband likes non-alcoholic beer.  Does anyone know if we can bring a 12 pack (of cans) of non-alcoholic beer onboard if we carry it on ourselves.  We did that last year on Carnival with no problem.

Carrying soft drinks onboard is permitted.  Whether you’ll get into a dispute with the powers-that-be about the non-alcohol beer, I couldn’t say but you ought to be prepared to abandon them.

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

This has been discussed and as I remember the answer was that N/A beer does contain some residual alcohol and is not allowed to be carried on as a “soft drink”.

Agree, as most non-alcoholic beer does actually contain a minor amount of alcohol it is not included as a soft drink per se so cannot be carried on.

Technically any time I have seen water/soda allowed to be brought on board, the wording states that you must carry it aboard yourself.

Now, will the porters slap a tag on it and accept it? Of course as they want a tip! You could slap a tag on Auntie Em and they’d probably take her.

Just be aware that if the bottles or cans break (and yes, they CAN even if aluminum or plastic) and damage other people’s luggage, you’ll be held responsible for cleaning and/or replacement. Ditto bottles of wine you try to bring in through checked bags. I have seen discussions in corridors between officers and cruisers whose beverages had come in via checked luggage and had broken, damaging other people’s luggage and clothing.