Breeze Failed Public Health Inspection?

bury me at sea

There are procedures in place to ensure cleanliness. The only explanation is corners have been cut so that protocols are not being followed. Staff are going to do whatever work is assigned to them, therefore it seems like management onboard is under pressure to contain costs or do the same work with less resources. Whatever the root cause, it needs to be identified and the causes eradicated. This is not acceptable, and I don't care what shape or color the funnel is.

Honestly I have a hard time believing these reports from crew-center, I wouldn't believe too much into this. Just last month there was another post titled "Triumph Inspection Fail" based on crew-center, it turned out to be absolutely false. Personalty, I'll wait for the official report from the CDC before passing judgement.

Fake Triumph report: http://crew-center.com/carnival-triumph-fails-usph-inspection

So your definition of "fake" is an actual CDC sanitation report of the ship giving it a 78 overall score? With The Breeze and the Vista failing, this makes 4 Carnival ships to fail an inspection in the past 11 months. Kind of makes you wonder how long were the unsat conditions festering before it was discovered.

The article points out that the failures were not from the Food & Beverage department, but rather from other areas of the ship. That can be almost anything.

Not long ago, one of the ships got dinged because a desk drawer in the power control room had a sealed tea bag lying in it. I have one of those in my desk drawer at work.

Not makining excuses, just saying that until the report is detailed, don't get to worried about it.

The article might have stated the food prep areas were not at failure, but the CDC report from 10 Dec list quite a few "dings" from the provisions corridor, food ops room, preparation room and other various food storage/prep areas to include some restaurants.

There are procedures in place to ensure cleanliness. The only explanation is corners have been cut so that protocols are not being followed. Staff are going to do whatever work is assigned to them, therefore it seems like management onboard is under pressure to contain costs or do the same work with less resources. Whatever the root cause, it needs to be identified and the causes eradicated. This is not acceptable, and I don't care what shape or color the funnel is.

I cannot argue with anything you say.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

With so many visible cuts being made on the service front, I guess we should not be surprised that similar cuts with similar results would be happening behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wondering how JH will spin this. When they hide things from the CDC inspectors that is beyond disgraceful.

I'm hoping this turns out to be a positive thing for Carnival. Sometimes getting a negative review shows what needs to be done in the future. If Carnival and staff never got caught they would of continued as is with their poor practices.

And most USPH inspectors will tell you that they would prefer to eat on a ship, even one with a failing grade, over most land restaurants. These folks are mainly former local and state health inspectors, and I remember one telling the story of his going to a restaurant in NYC (where he used to be a health inspector), opening the menu, and a roach fell out of it. That establishment had an "A" certificate in the window.

Was that Guy Fieri's restaurant in Times Square? You know, the one panned in most reviews and avoided at all costs by local New Yorkers? The same one that is closing down because it is not making a profit?

As for the Breeze, I am totally surprised they flunked their inspection, especially after getting a 100% perfect score earlier in the year.

Was that Guy Fieri's restaurant in Times Square? You know, the one panned in most reviews and avoided at all costs by local New Yorkers? The same one that is closing down because it is not making a profit?

As for the Breeze, I am totally surprised they flunked their inspection, especially after getting a 100% perfect score earlier in the year.

This was over 10 years ago, so long before Fieri even became widely known.

Why is it that I think you are not a fan of Guy? Wait, I think in third grade he tripped a girl also....

So your definition of "fake" is an actual CDC sanitation report of the ship giving it a 78 overall score? With The Breeze and the Vista failing, this makes 4 Carnival ships to fail an inspection in the past 11 months. Kind of makes you wonder how long were the unsat conditions festering before it was discovered.

The post you quoted was made a month before CDC posted the December 2017 sanitation report. When the post was made the only indication of an inspection "failure" was anecdotal.

When the threaded started, I too thought the reports highly suspect. A 20 point drop of an inspection score in a six month period is hard to believe without some proof. Since CDC posted the latest report a few days ago, it is obvious the initial reporting was accurate.

Have to agree concerning conditions on some Carnival ships. It does make one wonder if the problems are fleet wide. Attempts to hide problems on Vista raises the spectre of other ships being more successful at such endeavours.

The post you quoted was made a month before CDC posted the December 2017 sanitation report. When the post was made the only indication of an inspection "failure" was anecdotal.

When the threaded started, I too thought the reports highly suspect. A 20 point drop of an inspection score in a six month period is hard to believe without some proof. Since CDC posted the latest report a few days ago, it is obvious the initial reporting was accurate.

Have to agree concerning conditions on some Carnival ships. It does make one wonder if the problems are fleet wide. Attempts to hide problems on Vista raises the spectre of other ships being more successful at such endeavours.

It is the attempts to hide the problems that troubles me the most. It's an indication that people were fully aware of unacceptable conditions and that some level of management instructed crew members to conceal problems.

The cover-up is worse than the infractions.

It is the attempts to hide the problems that troubles me the most. It's an indication that people were fully aware of unacceptable conditions and that some level of management instructed crew members to conceal problems.

We have a winner. That and how long were these conditions prevalent before getting "caught." It does go up the chain as direct supervision should have intervened and because it didn't, management was complicit

Could not agree more.

I think such actions warrant a ZERO score.

:cool:Lots of haters over here for some reason!:rolleyes:

It's what we do now in this world, everyone has to line up on one side or the other..... Definition of insanity...some of a strong viewpoint trying to make the opposite side change their mind... Politic, cruising everything

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Could not agree more.

I think such actions warrant a ZERO score.

Here's what I posted in response to your thoughts on a "zero" score on the other thread:

Can we stop with the personal bickering?

While I can understand the desire to have a "zero" score, it does not make any difference. To the USPH/CDC, a zero is the same as an 84. The only time the inspectors will issue a "no passenger" decision is if they feel there is a "serious and direct threat to public health". Pretty much anything short of finding rotten food in the walk-ins, or spoiled food on the serving lines, or roaches crawling on food isn't going to get the ship shut down. The only one in recent memory is the Empress of the Seas which failed its initial inspection as it returned to RCI from Pulmantur, and required the entire galley areas to be torn out and redone.

Further, just like your teachers in school, they can't give a score on a multiple choice test (since there are separate categories of inspection, with a grade for each, it is a similar situation), lower than the number of correct answers, even if you still end up failing. In other words, the ship gets positive points for areas where they do meet requirements. Anything other than that takes it from objective to subjective and emotional response.

Does the multiple failings make the action/mitigation plans different?

No, each ship's management team is considered to be a different entity. However, if each ship shows a need for corporate level intervention (better training or support from corporate), then the remediation plans can overlap, and inspectors can look for signs of this corporate level change on any ship in the fleet during their inspections (but cannot be penalized for poor corporate support if the ship itself is scoring well).

No, each ship's management team is considered to be a different entity. However, if each ship shows a need for corporate level intervention (better training or support from corporate), then the remediation plans can overlap, and inspectors can look for signs of this corporate level change on any ship in the fleet during their inspections (but cannot be penalized for poor corporate support if the ship itself is scoring well).

Which all makes sense, thanks