Breeze Failed Public Health Inspection?

bury me at sea

It may even be medical records, kid's area, laundry, lighting, ventilation, pools, too much food handling equipment out of service, or even esoteric things like "back-flow preventers" on cabin showers, or other possible cross-contamination sources.

LOL. I was on the Independence a couple weeks ago and I had taken the book "Cruise Confidential" to read. It actually mentions what you stated above, and if I had not read the book, I would wonder why this would be an issue. Now, I know.

The book is a good read, and hilarious.

Honestly I have a hard time believing these reports from crew-center, I wouldn't believe too much into this. Just last month there was another post titled "Triumph Inspection Fail" based on crew-center, it turned out to be absolutely false. Personalty, I'll wait for the official report from the CDC before passing judgement.

Fake Triumph report: http://crew-center.com/carnival-triumph-fails-usph-inspection

I found it curious that the crew-center article referenced the cruise law news which in turn referenced the crew-center article. Circular references like that do not give me much confidence in the reporting.

• 3 weeks later...

Another cruise site reported today that the Breeze was one of 33 cruise ships that had scored 100% in public health inspections last year. That inspection occurred on 2/26/17, obviously earlier than the OP heard the "rumor" that the Breeze failed an identical test which prompted this thread to be started.

https://cruisefever.net/33-cruise-ships-earned-perfect-100-health-score-over-the-past-year/

Inspectors usually review previous inspection results and concentrate attention on areas that were deficient or had improvement recommendations to implement and maintain. I find it difficult to believe that a ship having a perfect score in February would flunk the same test later that same year.

Has anyone seen the official CG health inspection report for all of 2017 to either verify or deny the OP's statement?

https://cruisefever.net/33-cruise-ships-earned-perfect-100-health-score-over-the-past-year

Has anyone seen the official CG health inspection report for all of 2017 to either verify or deny the OP's statement?

Latest report I found was July 9, 2017.

Original post wasn't a statement; it was a question.

I have found a lot of passengers on cruiseships who could use an health inspection! But for the most part, I've never noticed any overt violations (not that I'm looking for them mind you!)..

The most dangerous place you will ever eat is your own kitchen. It's the rare kitchen that would pass a health inspection, and often for reasons you would never think of.

The most dangerous place you will ever eat is your own kitchen. It's the rare kitchen that would pass a health inspection, and often for reasons you would never think of.

Hey- have you been peeking under my kitchen sink??? LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The latest report from last month has now been posted on the CDC Web site.

It is considered unsatisfactory.

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTkzMDA0MTI%3d-1rPlMDu5gMg%3d

I have seen worse reports but often when you have a bad score it results in a lot of work being done to correct the issues and then keep the ship well maintained going forward.

Keith

Oh, yeah. When life gives you roaches, whip up a casserole. Dinner is served!!

And most USPH inspectors will tell you that they would prefer to eat on a ship, even one with a failing grade, over most land restaurants. These folks are mainly former local and state health inspectors, and I remember one telling the story of his going to a restaurant in NYC (where he used to be a health inspector), opening the menu, and a roach fell out of it. That establishment had an "A" certificate in the window.

And most USPH inspectors will tell you that they would prefer to eat on a ship, even one with a failing grade, over most land restaurants. These folks are mainly former local and state health inspectors, and I remember one telling the story of his going to a restaurant in NYC (where he used to be a health inspector), opening the menu, and a roach fell out of it. That establishment had an "A" certificate in the window.

So you know a bunch of USPH inspectors?

I am sure they are and likely have corrected most if not all of the items.

Keith

What makes you so sure? Until Breeze submits the required Corrective Report we will not know if or how the issues were addressed.

The fact that a ship could drop 20 points in 5 months suggests a serious lack of attention in managing hotel & other operations. While poor management will send things spiraling downward rather quickly, stopping the downward spiral and the climb back generally take much longer.

Vista also failed, sailing her in two months. Don’t like the fact the crew was attempting to hide things from inspectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't believe ship would attempt to hide stuff like that. :eek: