Is Carnival Spying on Us?

spyingeyes

Cameras are everywhere in this digital age. We may not like it, might not want to admit it but they are all around us.

I have read so many things that seem to be much more obvious than this little camera and transmitter.

At my stage in life, I refuse to get all house bound because I am afraid of what someone might see.

If I do it, I just think that it is probably being recorded by someone somewhere for review at a later date.

Oh, and I hope they enjoy the footage.

NOT trying to sound paranoid, just am no longer concerned about much.

Life is too short to worry about ALL the things I cannot control.

Cameras are everywhere in this digital age. We may not like it, might not want to admit it but they are all around us.

I have read so many things that seem to be much more obvious than this little camera and transmitter.

At my stage in life, I refuse to get all house bound because I am afraid of what someone might see.

If I do it, I just think that it is probably being recorded by someone somewhere for review at a later date.

Oh, and I hope they enjoy the footage.

NOT trying to sound paranoid, just am no longer concerned about much.

Life is too short to worry about ALL the things I cannot control.

I don’t stress about it either. When you’re out in public you have no expectation of privacy. However, inside in a private area is strictly off limits. Unless I’m the one that installed the camera and you need a credit card to access the feed [emoji14]!

I don’t stress about it either. When you’re out in public you have no expectation of privacy. However, inside in a private area is strictly off limits. Unless I’m the one that installed the camera and you need a credit card to access the feed [emoji14]!

"Didn't realize the human body could bend that way......."

If it was a camera that was hidden in a vent or smoke detector then he would have a lawsuit on his hand but the camera was literally in plain view. Whenever I check into any hotel room (mostly DC), I always inspect the room for one thing and that's bed bugs. If you want to video my sexy body then go ahead....LOL

"Didn't realize the human body could bend that way......."

If it was a camera that was hidden in a vent or smoke detector then he would have a lawsuit on his hand but the camera was literally in plain view. Whenever I check into any hotel room (mostly DC), I always inspect the room for one thing and that's bed bugs. If you want to video my sexy body then go ahead....LOL

Yeah they definitely aren’t seeing anything of interest in my cabin! I don’t walk around naked and wear my flannel pajamas. And no I don’t care if I’m in the middle of the Caribbean. I’m cold natured.

No I haven’t and I believe if there really was a camera that it wasn’t put there by anyone besides a past passenger who maybe wanted to record their “activities” and forgot about it.

As far as anything being recorded or viewed live, the ship’s wi-fi is sad and you can hardly get email or apps to load. I don’t see the signal going anywhere.

I agree about previous passenger or maybe they wanted to spy on the room steward.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Give me a break??? Read this snippet from the article and tell me there was a little fabrication and a setup likely???

The family, a married couple from the Panhandle traveling with their 10-year-old son, says they found the camera while inspecting their room the second day of an October cruise from Mobile, Alabama, to Mexico. The father, whom New Times is not naming to protect his family's privacy, says he was taking photos of dust around the cabin after having an allergy attack. When he moved the TV, he says, he found a wired-up camera with its lens pointed toward the bed.

Taking pictures of dust?? Why not just contact your room steward and then his manager if not satisfied?? Also, based on the size of camera in picture...hard time believing this camera would not have been seen earlier.

This guy was looking for a free cruise and possibly more....was going to send in pictures showing dust and make a big fuss of it. He probably placed the camera there for more sensationalism and poored dust on it lol....

Those were my first thoughts. I have noticed dust in my cabin and I have dust allergies. Never entered my mind to take photos. IMO, this guy had an agenda looking for monetary compensation.

It's really hard to see from the pic, but is it a possibility that the "camera" is the remote control thing? I don't remember exactly what it looks like, but I think it's similar. I know a lot of people think it's a camera (there have been threads on here about it) and JH has even addressed it. He said in a post dated 3/18/16 "that this is remote control sensor for the interactive TV and not a camera. I thought that in case anyone else had this concern that I would post this here. Cameras in the cabins? Can you imagine? I don’t want anyone seeing my gentleman’s sausage as I get ready for dinner……………still, no big thing."

Last time someone complained to JH about a "camera" on the TV spying on them, it was the TV photo eye.

I think you mean the remote eye. That's usually found below the screen

A Smart TV has the TV photo eye on the top, as do most laptops. Many don't know they have these.

True.... But they aren't the National Inquirer or Star either.... Miami's version of the NY Post!!

And John Heald has now confirmed that, NY Post-level journalism or not, the New Times was fooled into printing a false accusation. The "camera" was indeed the TV remote sensor "eye."

And John Heald has now confirmed that, NY Post-level journalism or not, the New Times was fooled into printing a false accusation. The "camera" was indeed the TV remote sensor "eye."

But wait we read it on the internet about hidden camera so it must be true!:')

It's really hard to see from the pic, but is it a possibility that the "camera" is the remote control thing? I don't remember exactly what it looks like, but I think it's similar. I know a lot of people think it's a camera (there have been threads on here about it) and JH has even addressed it. He said in a post dated 3/18/16 "that this is remote control sensor for the interactive TV and not a camera. I thought that in case anyone else had this concern that I would post this here. Cameras in the cabins? Can you imagine? I don’t want anyone seeing my gentleman’s sausage as I get ready for dinner……………still, no big thing."

Is this in reference to the idea of being recorded...or your gentleman's sausage :o!

(No need to reply on that! :lips-sealed: I just thought it was a funny sentence!)

Saw this posted on a RCL thread.

Yeah I saw that as well. Also according to Carnival it was a signal reciever for the smart TV.

If Carnival said that, I believe them to be liars. Here's a picture of the device:

enhance

That is certainly a pinhole camera. The only statement I've seen from Carnival said it was a "non functional device" and that they reported it to law enforcement. That was from their PR staff. I haven't seen any statements denying it was a camera, and a signal receiver would not have been reported to law enforcement and passed as a non functional device.

For reference, this is what a pinhole camera looks like without the lens:

enhance

Yes I now read the NY Times the day after, in other words I won't read Monday's edition I'll read Tuesdays editions so I can read all the retractions from Monday's false reports. The NY Times has become a joke. Same goes for CNN watch the next day so I can watch all there retractions and false reporting they did the day before. The Camera in this case was shown and is what Carnival said probably placed there by an employee.

That picture posted by cruises42 (originally by Aquahound in another thread) does not show a remote sensor. That is definitely a camera.