Interesting article Re: Hidden camera Carnival

Host CJSKIDS

How about NETFLIX who tweeted

To the 53 people who've watched A Christmas Prince every day for the past 18 days: Who hurt you?

Creepy but sort of hilarious unless you were one of the 53 people. Someone is always "watching" one way or another. Oh and don't forget to cover up the webcam on your computer.

You're not kidding.

I hope I find one in my room next cruise. It could turn into a gold mine after it goes to court. :D

Notice, the passenger was photographing dust because of his allergy. The passenger contacted Walker. Someone is looking for some freebee's. One wonders if he placed the camera to get 'evidence' for a case.

Notice, the passenger was photographing dust because of his allergy. The passenger contacted Walker. Someone is looking for some freebee's. One wonders if he placed the camera to get 'evidence' for a case.

One does wonder.....like a rat's head in soup or finger in a can of veggies. ;)

I'm not a Jim Walker fan (not that he lies or gives wrong information, he just constantly slants it as negative as possible for the cruise line), but assuming the image is accurate, this one bugs me. This is not a rig that someone would use to monitor their kids. That could be accomplished with an off the shelf device. This is a home-built rig with a wifi-range antenna that apparently was hard-wired into the TV power supply or similar (not just connected via something like USB). Someone had to build it and have a pretty decent idea of how the cabin TVs worked which leads to an onboard individual either passenger or more likely crew. We can speculate to whom, when and why for ages, but I think Carnival screwed the pooch here. It should have been kept in place and the family moved until law enforcement could properly investigate.

I'm not a Jim Walker fan (not that he lies or gives wrong information, he just constantly slants it as negative as possible for the cruise line), but assuming the image is accurate, this one bugs me. This is not a rig that someone would use to monitor their kids. That could be accomplished with an off the shelf device. This is a home-built rig with a wifi-range antenna that apparently was hard-wired into the TV power supply or similar (not just connected via something like USB). Someone had to build it and have a pretty decent idea of how the cabin TVs worked which leads to an onboard individual either passenger or more likely crew. We can speculate to whom, when and why for ages, but I think Carnival screwed the pooch here. It should have been kept in place and the family moved until law enforcement could properly investigate.

Any reasonably technical passenger could have done the same thing.

Those that remember balloon boy will remember that it was a sick person looking for fame. I suspect this is no different than the person who puts a dead rat in their coffee looking for a free meal. Watch this case as this man ends up with cruise bucks.

Certainly, but can't figure out why a passenger would. That passenger would need access to the cabin for a period of time to connect and set it up which means it was probably a cabin they booked, plus a receiver nearby, and it would only be useful for length of cruise. There are fare easier ways to conduct surveillance in that scenario.

If it was a passenger it meant they could not get back in to remove it or didn't care, but if someone on ship they would have repeated access to the cabin and the ability to receive data for a period of time.

Either scenario is possible, the latter is just more likely.

This assumes the camera was not a plant, which is also a valid scenario.

Any reasonably technical passenger could have done the same thing.

Someone is always "watching" one way or another. Oh and don't forget to cover up the webcam on your computer.

Yes, we have that black tape.

There are photos of people like Mark Zuckerberg that show the black tape on their devices.

He even has it over the laptop microphone. Not sure how much that can mute sound????

I just bought a thermometer that measures the temperature of a piece of meat on my grill. It uses bluetooth to provide that information to my smart phone. Very useful device. However, the app won't work unless I turn on location services. Why does a meat thermometer need to know my location? I turn on location, cook my steaks, turn off location.

LOL. I also don't understand why some apps require location services turned on. Totally not needed.