Review of Royal Princess 11/30/17 to 12/10/17 with lots of photographs

Cuizer2

You will not get first rate acts on a cruise ship.....they go where the money is NYC, Las Vegas, LA, TV, world tours, etc.....:cool:

If they go where the money is, then they should perform in banks or at the mint (or maybe Bill Gates' house).

Thoroughly enjoyed your bringing us along, Cruizer2, and what great photos!

One question if I may. Did they offer the but one/get one for $1 happy hour? I read on another thread that someone was told by a crew member that Princess has eliminated it on all of their ships. I have found that oftentimes the info from the crew is bot accurate.

Thoroughly enjoyed your bringing us along, Cruizer2, and what great photos!

One question if I may. Did they offer the but one/get one for $1 happy hour? I read on another thread that someone was told by a crew member that Princess has eliminated it on all of their ships. I have found that oftentimes the info from the crew is bot accurate.

I don't know. All the drinks I bought were at dinner. However, there is someone doing a live from the Royal Princess (tomorrow is debarkation day), so click on the link below and see if that person can answer your question ...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2572920

Monday, December 11 – Travel day

Did I enjoy the cruise? Yes. Everything was very good or better except on thing. The demographic is mostly older people of retirement age. Now I know to expect that on a cruise in excess of one week that is during the school year. The problem is, there was no energy. When you are on a ship with a couple hundred of kids, there is a lot of energy. That just did not exist on this ship, which likely had less than thirty children between the ages of three and fifteen. I realize some people will see this as a good thing, and that is fine. But for me, I would like to see a little bit more energy. Still, I have another school time cruise scheduled for April to Alaska. I it round trip out of Los Angeles, lasting twelve nights. So, school time lasting more than one week to Alaska, I’ll be expecting more of the same.

Great job. Thanks for taking the time to post everything up. Sadly, that's pretty much what Princess is now... boring. I just got off my first NCL cruise... I had to try something else. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm certainly not going to get into all the details here, but it had an energy, a "vibe"... even at midnight there were lots of people doing fun things. Not a lot of kids either in early December, but still... energetic, great venues, and exciting options! Princess is in comparison, dullsville. Your right, 10 days, off season, equates to an older crowd by default, but it really doesn't matter. Even when the kids are more present... they are sitting on the staircases or crammed into the hot tubs with nothing to do either! It's just the lack of exciting things to do on Princess, especially after dinner. If you want the total relaxation experience, and peace and quiet, Princess will be perfect. I had the Royal booked in March for a 10-day, but I've cancelled it. Sadly, Elite and all, it's just become too dull, too repetitive with nothing new, (except medallions?? :rolleyes:), for me personally.