My wait is over and I just booked my dream cruise!!

TSUmom

Good for you! We did a 10 day Princess Crown Rome to Venice with Greece and Croatia port stops as well in Mid September 5 years ago. Temps were pleasant as the summer heat had dissipated by then. Don't want to diminish your enthusiasm, but we made it out of Venice just before they got their seasonal monsoons. When we were home in October we saw news and TV reports of St Mark's being flooded in 2 feet of water.

Bring some rain ponchos just in case and remember that if it does flood, the rain mixes with the Canal water, ugh.

That's a great itinerary! Is Venice a port of call on your cruise or are you traveling there separately? I haven't found an NCL itinerary with both Rome and Venice as well as a stop in Greece. Which ship did you book?

We booked the Jade Oct 24th,2019. Starts and ends in Rome with an overnight in Venice mid cruise. Greece ports, Santorini, Athens, Mykonos and Corfu. Italy ports Sicily, Naples and Livorno. I am so excited!!

I too could not find a cruise with all of the ports and lo and behold NCL added one. I was originally figuring I would have to do a B2B or something. Thank you NCL

We booked the Jade Oct 24th,2019. Starts and ends in Rome with an overnight in Venice mid cruise. Greece ports, Santorini, Athens, Mykonos and Corfu. Italy ports Sicily, Naples and Livorno. I am so excited!!

I too could not find a cruise with all of the ports and lo and behold NCL added one. I was originally figuring I would have to do a B2B or something. Thank you NCL

The Amalfi coast drive and Positano remains one of my all-time favorite ports/excursions. We did it in a VAN not a bus. So glad we did that.

We combined it with a tour of Pompeii. Very historical and interesting.

Bonus: Pizza and Limoncello in Naples.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good for you! We did a 10 day Princess Crown Rome to Venice with Greece and Croatia port stops as well in Mid September 5 years ago. Temps were pleasant as the summer heat had dissipated by then. Don't want to diminish your enthusiasm, but we made it out of Venice just before they got their seasonal monsoons. When we were home in October we saw news and TV reports of St Mark's being flooded in 2 feet of water.

Bring some rain ponchos just in case and remember that if it does flood, the rain mixes with the Canal water, ugh.

The weather that time of year is my only concern but it is the only date available. We did a Rome/Rome cruise on the Epic in May of 2015 and it was extremely hot so....I will bring a poncho and layers like I did for Alaska.

We booked the same cruise last night! I think the itinerary is a perfect. At first I was confused as NCL calls it an 11 night cruise on their website, but it's actually 14 days. We thought the price we paid was very reasonable for a 2 week cruise and the ports are all places we've wanted to see. But then, most of our cruising history has been on Disney, so pretty much anything seems reasonable to us after paying their prices.

We booked the same cruise last night! I think the itinerary is a perfect. At first I was confused as NCL calls it an 11 night cruise on their website, but it's actually 14 days. We thought the price we paid was very reasonable for a 2 week cruise and the ports are all places we've wanted to see. But then, most of our cruising history has been on Disney, so pretty much anything seems reasonable to us after paying their prices.

The price is reasonable - it will cost us less than a B2B we were going to book and the extended time in Venice without paying for a hotel is even better. I have so much planning to do and am already researching.

Are you all spending any time pre or post cruise in Rome?

The Amalfi coast drive and Positano remains one of my all-time favorite ports/excursions. We did it in a VAN not a bus. So glad we did that.

We did the same thing - a group from our roll call got together and booked with a private tour in a 15 passenger van - what a great time, and beautiful

The price is reasonable - it will cost us less than a B2B we were going to book and the extended time in Venice without paying for a hotel is even better. I have so much planning to do and am already researching.

Are you all spending any time pre or post cruise in Rome?

We will definitely spend some time somewhere in Italy prior to the cruise at least and maybe just an overnight in Rome afterwards. I'd love to spend a couple of days in Tuscany, so that might be an option along with Rome. So much planning to do - and that's half the fun!! :cool:

I'm really excited about Dubrovnik and Montenegro as well. We've been contemplating a land trip to that area in the future, so this will give us a nice preview.

I'm really excited about Dubrovnik and Montenegro as well. We've been contemplating a land trip to that area in the future, so this will give us a nice preview.

Dubrovnik is very cool, my son has been there twice and loved it. He's with the Peace Corps working in Macedonia and my wife and I are going to Croatia for a week next June and will meet up with him there

Dubrovnik is very cool, my son has been there twice and loved it. He's with the Peace Corps working in Macedonia and my wife and I are going to Croatia for a week next June and will meet up with him there

Plitvice Lakes National Park looks beautiful!

We booked the Jade Oct 24th,2019. Starts and ends in Rome with an overnight in Venice mid cruise. Greece ports, Santorini, Athens, Mykonos and Corfu. Italy ports Sicily, Naples and Livorno. I am so excited!! I too could not find a cruise with all of the ports and lo and behold NCL added one. I was originally figuring I would have to do a B2B or something. Thank you NCL

I'm booked on this cruise, too. But, it's the wrong cruise! When I mapped it out I figured out that it is, in fact a 14-night itinerary. That would require 14 vacation days, which is too much for me. So I'm moving to the 12-night out of Venice. It eliminates the Greek island I had never heard of, Sicily and one port day, but it adds Marseille and Barcelona. Since my sister has never been to Europe, I think this is a better itinerary for us. Unfortunately the cruise is on Star, but she's going in for dry dock in the spring. I'm praying for a substantial gut job.

Sorry I won't be sailing with you, but congratulations on your dream cruise!!

I'm booked on this cruise, too. But, it's the wrong cruise! When I mapped it out I figured out that it is, in fact a 14-night itinerary. That would require 14 vacation days, which is too much for me. So I'm moving to the 12-night out of Venice. It eliminates the Greek island I had never heard of, Sicily and one port day, but it adds Marseille and Barcelona. Since my sister has never been to Europe, I think this is a better itinerary for us. Unfortunately the cruise is on Star, but she's going in for dry dock in the spring. I'm praying for a substantial gut job.

Sorry I won't be sailing with you, but congratulations on your dream cruise!!

Thanks! We were torn between those exact same two cruise and finally decided to go for long one. Your itinerary was tempting, though. I especially liked the idea of embarking in Venice and ending in Barcelona. The deciding factor for us though, was price. We stayed in an aft penthouse on the Sun last summer and it basically ruined us for any other type of cabin :p. The aft penthouse on the 12 day Star cruise was $1500 more than the 14 day on the Jade. This being such a port intensive cruise, I don't think the ship really matters. The pictures I've seen of the Jade post dry-dock look beautiful, but if the Star is going to be renovated, I'm sure it will as well.

Honestly, either one looks amazing and we are beyond excited. My husband has been to Italy, but I haven't and neither of us have been to any of the other ports.

I guess I will have to get out my Rick Steves books and look into these places

Unfortunately I don't think Plitvice is doable from Dubrovnik, but it's definitely something to plan for on a land based trip to Croatia. Dubrovnik looks like it will easily fill a day.

And, yes, I'm sitting here right now surrounded by Rick Steves books!!! :') I mean it's never too early to start planning.

Thanks! We were torn between those exact same two cruise and finally decided to go for long one. Your itinerary was tempting, though. I especially liked the idea of embarking in Venice and ending in Barcelona. The deciding factor for us though, was price. We stayed in an aft penthouse on the Sun last summer and it basically ruined us for any other type of cabin :p. The aft penthouse on the 12 day Star cruise was $1500 more than the 14 day on the Jade. This being such a port intensive cruise, I don't think the ship really matters. The pictures I've seen of the Jade post dry-dock look beautiful, but if the Star is going to be renovated, I'm sure it will as well.

Honestly, either one looks amazing and we are beyond excited. My husband has been to Italy, but I haven't and neither of us have been to any of the other ports.

We were originally booked for a march 2019 B2B out of San Juan and this is $2000 less. I know airfare will make up the difference but in 2019 we did the Epic from Rome and I fell in love with Italy. I love the Caribbean too but something about the Med just keeps pulling me to it. I have never been to Greece but it looks absolutely beautiful. We are not getting any younger, I am 55 and DH is 65 so we want to see these things while we are able. The Caribbean can be easy and relaxing but Europe is a constantly going kind of place.

I too am probably most fond of our trip that involved the spots that you mentioned! Going to do it again this coming year since we enjoyed it so much! So many great clothing shops in Positano....great food in Naples......cannot wait!

I was too spoiled for my first cruise a 12-day Med (Barcelona to Venice) on the Ruby Princess at the age of 22, all expenses paid by my wonderful Nana. Man do I cherish those memories so much now that she is gone, never thought it would have been so soon after.

I did the Amalfi coast by boat, also combined with Pompeii in the afternoon. Forever my favorite place/excursion. I did that cruise with 19 family members, most of us had been on excursion for the few days prior to this stop. This excursion however was only my younger (less than three years apart) sister and I. We had the most incredible time with just the two of us (19 and 22 at the time), we had lunch at this old castle ruins where the views were breathtaking, we had some attractive men working in the port that the boat around the coast took us flirt with us. Such a magical day <3