Free unlimited valet laundry on 2018 mediterranean voyages

ededmd

As I recall, Seabourn has a wonderful laundry package where you can fill a laundry bag (quite full) and for $50 per bag the items and washed, folded and ironed....the clothes came back beautifully in less than 2 days. In addition, in our experience, Silversea offers those staying in Silver Suites and above unlimited free laundry - washed and ironed.

TC2, I personally know Paul Gauguin has a laundry package, and MSC has it in their Yacht Club class. Those who have never cruised in an MSC Yacht Club are in for a pleasant surprise. About everything Regent offers except included excursions at a fraction of the price. Also I personally know Scenic River Cruises offer included, unlimited laundry in their suite class. I am not including lines I have merely heard about -- only ones I have experienced.

I believe Scenic provides free unlimited laundry only in their Royal and Royal Panorama suites. Not really comparable to unlimited laundry for all or a flat rate package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe Scenic provides free unlimited laundry only in their Royal and Royal Panorama suites. Not really comparable to unlimited laundry for all or a flat rate package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also interesting. Another point is that Scenic is not "real" competition to Regent (yet). They may be someday as they grow as they have a good product. Silversea, direct competition to Regent, does have free unlimited laundry for Silver Suites and above but laundry is not part of Silversea's loyalty program.

On Silversea once you reach 100 days sailed, you earn free laundry. We earned this perk a few years ago and very much enjoy (getting wrapped, folded, ironed, dress shirts/dresses on hangers is like Christmas morning). This perk is a calculation when we book an upcoming cruise with SS or Regent.

On Silversea once you reach 100 days sailed, you earn free laundry. We earned this perk a few years ago and very much enjoy (getting wrapped, folded, ironed, dress shirts/dresses on hangers is like Christmas morning). This perk is a calculation when we book an upcoming cruise with SS or Regent.

Thanks Wes - I wasn't aware of that. Has there been any discussion on the Silversea board about Silver Suites and above receiving the benefit that others had to sail 100 days to earn?

Jackie, it is done with such a discrete nature believe it is a non issue. In the ten years+ I have been a regular on the SS board; free laundry has not been a topic or issue.

That said, one of reasons we are booked on the Mariner Grand Voyage Circumnavigation of Australia next December is the free laundry. Conversely, why we are also cruising Silversea throughout Scotland in May is the free laundry we get with our booking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jackie, it is done with such a discrete nature believe it is a non issue. In the ten years+ I have been a regular on the SS board; free laundry has not been a topic or issue.

That said, one of reasons we are booked on the Mariner Grand Voyage Circumnavigation of Australia next December is the free laundry. Conversely, why we are also cruising Silversea throughout Scotland in May is the free laundry we get with our booking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What an incredible itinerary! I looked it up and also looked up benefits for that cruise but did not see free laundry. What am I missing? Here is a link to what I'm looking at which is probably the wrong place. https://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR181215A/special-offers

jackie, pls see at paragraph for all grand voyages:

plua for our first time we also get free on board medical service.

These Regent Grand voyages appeal to us (not our dogs) as this year we also got free laundry on our 40 day Auckland to Hong Kong voyage on the Voyager. So, for us (Gold and not yet platinum) these are a good way to get free laundry provided we covet the itinerary.

True travel adventurers will greatly appreciate our Grand Voyages. These epic journeys will take you to the world’s most coveted and exotic destinations in sumptuous comfort and incomparable luxury. Enjoy FREE First Class Air

on domestic flights, FREE Business Class Air on Intercontinental flights, an Exclusive Shoreside Experience, FREE Door-to-Door Luggage Service

, FREE Comprehensive Visa Package, FREE Unlimited Laundry, Including Dry Cleaning and Pressing and a FREE Commemorative Gift.

jackie, pls see at paragraph for all grand voyages:

plua for our first time we also get free on board medical service.

These Regent Grand voyages appeal to us (not our dogs) as this year we also got free laundry on our 40 day Auckland to Hong Kong voyage on the Voyager. So, for us (Gold and not yet platinum) these are a good way to get free laundry provided we covet the itinerary.

True travel adventurers will greatly appreciate our Grand Voyages. These epic journeys will take you to the world’s most coveted and exotic destinations in sumptuous comfort and incomparable luxury. Enjoy FREE First Class Air

on domestic flights, FREE Business Class Air on Intercontinental flights, an Exclusive Shoreside Experience, FREE Door-to-Door Luggage Service

, FREE Comprehensive Visa Package, FREE Unlimited Laundry, Including Dry Cleaning and Pressing and a FREE Commemorative Gift.

Okay - I understand now. You two should be Platinum soon and will have included laundry on every cruise. Happy New Year!

We enjoyed a Regent Grand Voyage a couple of years ago and made good use of the included dry cleaning and laundry.

We chose the cruise because of the itinerary and dates, but the additional benefits were certainly very welcome and useful on a long cruise.

The cruise was before we reached SSS Platinum.

Even though we now receive included laundry on all Regent cruises because of our SSS level we would never object to others receiving the perk if they have chosen a cruise on which Regent have made the offer. Why would we?

Just thought I would chime in to say that the offer noted in the original post on this thread is not universal.

Unless someone knows otherwise, I do not believe that the 'unlimited laundry for Mediterranean voyages' offer is being extended to those of us who live in the UK.

Correction: Regent email received this morning indicates that the free (i.e. included) laundry offer on Med cruises is about to be offered here in the UK:

"FREE laundry service and garment pressing on a wide selection of our 2018 Mediterranean sailings"

Also I note that there are some good prices to be had here in the UK on Seven Seas Explorer cruises in the Med during 2018 - as low as £393GBP/night for a G2 and £413GBP/night for an F2 (both prices including short haul economy flights)

As a Gold SSS member who receives one included bag of laundry for each 7 day segment, I have noticed that Regent's laundry bags seem to have shrunk over the past couple of years. We have one of those bags from a few years ago at home. We did not steal it. It accidentally got packed in our luggage. But over the past couple of years, these bags have shrunk to less than half the volume they were a short time ago. I see Seabourn's $50 per bag deal mentioned above, That might be a good deal if the bags are the size of the old Regent bags. Not so good if they are the size of the new Regent bags.

Lux European River cruise lines like Scenic may or may not be competition for Regent -- depending on how you look at it. If you want to REALLY see Europe (not just coastal areas) a line like Scenic is the way to go. In addition to full included laundry in the full suites, ALL of Scenic excursions are included -- including some of the type Regent offers at charge. I'd like to further point out that the fare for a 14 night Scenic cruise is only a little more than half Regent's 14 night price.

I don't understand why anyone would think that fares would necessarily decrease if at some point, Regent decided to drop "the whole (included) excursion thing?" I have read this statement voiced many times, with an air of authority to it, and don't know where the basis for that "statement of faith" comes from? There are hundreds of examples that can be found out in the business world where company's "dropped" something that was once included in their former "package price"....and the price not only didn't drop, but it actually continued to increase over time, as if that added benefit had never been there to begin with.

When a Regent customer decides to "decline" the "included" air transportation and/or hotel package, and takes a credit in lieu of that unused "perk", the small rebate/s offered for declining that "included perk" most often doesn't even come close to the cost of alternative and comparable air transport that customers then chooses to purchases on their own. Why would it be any different if Regent decided to drop the "included" excursion feature? I would tend to believe that subsequent fares would not decrease at all but would continue to rise until it starting "hurting" sales.

Yes, and TC2,

I am rather tired of this entitled attitude. When all are paying some level of lux prices for a cruise there are certain necessities involved. With a cruise over 7 nights, it is not realistic for us to “do our own laundry” with Regents inadequate number of machines, or to drag our own luggage in light of lack of porterage, or to pay Regents outrageous per piece price when Regent advertises “everything is included”. I have repeatedly posted that offering all Regent cruisers an unlimited laundry package at a reduced flat rate would satisfy us, without degrading the benefits of Platinum + cruisers. I have even posted that Platinum + cruisers might even be given some extra benefits to compensate them for all getting reduced flat rate laundry. I want to be fair to all, but I seem to fall upon some deaf ears. So let me exlplain by example.

In late 2003 I bought an 04 car. It was still good this year, but lacked some features I needed this year. So I bought the same make and model car in the 2017 model. It’s price was 50% more than the 04, but it came with much more in the way of features and power and size. This, plus inflation, made the 50% price increase well worth it. Now, in 2003, we cruised Regent (then Radisson) for about $250 per denim pp. Laundry as not included but the per piece price was much lower. But now, in 2017 - 2018, the fare will be about 400% higher! And laundry per piece will be higher. Now, is this a good deal? It is not a matter of our having the money (because we do), but is a matter of whether it is a good deal. I feel that it is not a good deal. We didn’t get to the place in life to consider cruising Regent in the future by taking “deals that weren’t good”.

And this is coupled with the fact that Regents included air isn’t upgradable to business/first on flights within North America. For elderly people like us, coach/economy is painful when flying from the center of the US to a business class intercontinental flight they provide. And the credit Regent gives us for paying for our own flights is way too skimpy.

I apologize for this long post. But the bottom line is that Regent must “clean up their act” if we are ever to cruise them again.

Does Regent even care? I don’t know, but in 2003 I had a thread here that was probably the longest one on CC, about why RSSC should be beverage all inclusive. Within a few years, they went that way.

ping pong,

Perhaps Regent fares wouldn’t decrease if they dropped the included excursion perk. But now, they are 400% of what they were 13 years ago. It is my opinion that Regent (and some other lines) are about to price themselves out of the market (or any market). Those of us who can even consider paying Regents current fares are very hesitant. We didn’t get this way by taking deals that aren’t good.

Doleblufger, I am happy with Regent's air policy and had no problem waiting to earn free laundry. This could hardly be construed as being entitled. IMO, since you feel that you deserve the laundry benefit, and should have domestic business class air, isn't that the definition of entitlement?

pingpong, just one comment. IMO our $6,000 per person air rebate is hardly "small".

TC2,

In the first place, my screen name is Dolebludger, not Dolefludger. In the second place, I have never asked for Regent to provide us with free laundry. I have only asked that we be given the option of paying for a flat rate laundry package for our cruises that will be less expensive that the excessive "per piece" charges on Regent now. Like the package we bought on the Paul Gauguin on a 14 night cruise for $160. Now that shouldn't insult you Platinum SSS cruisers, right?

Also, Regent has never offered us $6000 to book our own domestic business/first air. It has been more like $300 each. Why the heck can't Regent give us air in North America that can be upgraded by points or cash? Nobody has ever answered this question. The need for air travel other than coach/economy is more than a matter of "entitlement". For us elderly, it is a matter of accommodation under the ADA (Americans with disabilities act). I am a 100% disabled veteran. My wife had major back surgery earlier this year and also has MS. Coach/economy seating on domestic air from the center of the US to a coast just won't do it for us. It hurts. Neither of us can get to a cruise without better seating all the way. The Federal courts have ordered the FAA to investigate whether domestic coach/economy airline seating is even safe, so as to allow exit in an emergency landing -- even for passengers without disabilities.

And that's where laundry (at a reasonable price) comes in to the picture. We can't lug around much luggage anymore, and there doesn't seem to be much service at airports. We know we could ship it (at a very high price) but added to Regent's "very high price fares" the whole cruise begins to lose in the value equation.

We are not asking for any special treatment we have not "earned" by the number of our nights on Regent. We only wish that we could get from our home on the Western Slope of the Colorado Rocky Mountains to cruise Regent with all of the transportation being suitable to our age and disabilities, and at a total price that is in line with the value received. That's all we want.

DB - just curious (and not trying to be an ass or anything) but have you priced any other premium, premium plus, or luxury cruise lines to see if there's even a comparable product out there? I mean, if there is, just book with that line. If there's not, it probably means that the business model to provide everything you want just isn't economically viable.

I agree that Regent's prices have climbed quickly, but from what I saw, the biggest increase came when they included BC air in the cruise fare. Wasn't an issue for me as I usually purchased the BC upgrade anyhow (especially when I lived in CO and had to fly east), but even taking the upgrade cost into account, it was still more expensive than previous years. But every time I compare against one of the other lines, Regent is still competitive, if maybe a little more expensive.

I guess I just don't understand the constant bashing about prices - it seems to be a pretty clear-cut case of supply and demand. Unless and until Regent can't fill cabins, the prices will remain where they are. Voting with our wallets is the only way prices will hold or decline. We have more options in the luxury cruising market than ever before - I think if there was a less expensive way to do things someone would take advantage of that. We're not happy about the price increases either, but we haven't found anything that we like for a better price (and believe me, we've looked).

I'll get off my soapbox now and get back to work so I can afford more cruises...Happy New Year, everyone.

pingpong.

Concerning Regent's included excursions, they are a bit of a "crap shoot". No matter how early you try to book what you want, you will probably find some of what you want "booked up". Then, onboard, you get on a wait list, and usually (hopefully) will get most of what you wanted. On Scenic, we didn't find choice of excursions to be much of a problem, or hassle. And there are choices there. I agree with you that if Regent got rid of the "free" excursions, the fares wouldn't be reduced -- at least not by much. There is a difference here in how these lines handle the excursions. On small river boats like Scenic, the line contracts with guides and actually has its own busses that follow the boat (where needed). On larger ships like Regent's, everything about the excursions in contracted out (not just a few guides). So when desirable excursions fill up, there is no guarantee that Regent can give you what you want. Oh, they try, but it is not 100%. As a Regent cruiser since 2002 (used to be Radisson), I didn't know how they would handle the "all inclusive excursion" thing when they announced it. The first answer is they lied! Not all excursions are included. The second answer is "not so well". Now you (and others) may be getting the idea that I dislike Regent cruises. In fact I love them (once onboard). But their corporate office has a number of things a bit fouled up, in my opinion. I just want them to "straighten up and fly right".

UUNetBill,

Yes sir, I have been looking for an alternative. In a week or so, we will be going on a music cruise on Celebrity in their suite class, and we will see what they have to offer. I can't say until I've been on that cruise, except it is less costly than Regent. But we have experienced the MSC Yacht Club cruise, and found it very comparable to Regent at half the price. The only problem with that is, MSC seems to only cruise the Caribbean and the Mediterranean.

UUNetBill,

This forum wouldn't allow me to complete my message above, so here goes.

We also were on a music cruise on the Norwegian Pearl in "the Haven" . Suite was huge but the inclusions and service were pure "mass market". Would not recommend. We have also cruised Silverseas twice, but won't go again because they still have mandatory formal nights, I am now a Coloradan and will not wear a suit and tie or tux unless I am in my casket! For those who want an itinerary in the Caribbean or the Mediterranean, I would highly recommend MSC Yacht Club over Regent. For other itineraries, I am still looking, and would like the advice of anybody on this board. BTW, I am not financially disabled in any way. But I didn't get that way by spending money on things that are overpriced. In my opinion, Regent is overpriced. As I live in a resort town of Durango CO, staying home is an option.

Edited by Dolebludger
addition

UUNetBill,

Yes sir, I have been looking for an alternative. In a week or so, we will be going on a music cruise on Celebrity in their suite class, and we will see what they have to offer. I can't say until I've been on that cruise, except it is less costly than Regent. But we have experienced the MSC Yacht Club cruise, and found it very comparable to Regent at half the price. The only problem with that is, MSC seems to only cruise the Caribbean and the Mediterranean.

We have tried Celebrity suite class a couple of times when it just didn't work out to go Regent. I think you will enjoy it. The suite dining room is very good, food and service close to Regent and has the same dine when you want to policy. I assume you have included premium beverage package, internet, gratuities and some OBC as that seems to be the standard for suite class on most cruises. If you don't have the premium beverage package and you enjoy a nice glass of wine and other beverages the classic beverage package sucks so you will want to consider upgrading. Michael's Club which is the suite only lounge serves virtually any beverage you may want and on the cruises we took they had no problem with beverages leaving the lounge. Because nothing is free even bottled water you can stock up there for your cabin and taking on shore. Though your butler will probably provided it for you as well. We enjoyed our time on Celebrity though Regent is still our cruise line of choice.

We cruise for the itinerary so going Celebrity was considerably more work trying to arrange semi-private tours with other roll call members. If excursions aren't important to you then Celebrity can be less expensive. However the price difference for us was mostly exchange when we got deals on Celebrity. By the time we added in business class air fare, semi-private tours, beverage upgrades etc the price was close to Regent but we saved considerably on foreign exchange.

Our TA gave us a considerable amount of OBC so we were able to do what we needed to do with it as well as bring money home with us.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise with Celebrity. I think you will but it is not the same experience as Regent anywhere but in the suite class areas.

UUNetBill,

Sorry to keep posting to you, but I just noticed you lived in CO, as we do. So I'm sure you know that this really fouls up using Regent's so-called "free air". Now from Durango, the "free air" would be out of either Denver or Dallas in most cases. As I posted above, we require BC/FC all the way for physical reasons. So we can't take Regent's "cattle car" air for the domestic legs. The problem with that is Regent's domestic legs are booked by them so as not to be upgradable with points or cash. If we don't take their domestic legs, the credit is miniscule. Further Regent does not give us notice of the timing of their international included BC flight in time for us to book connecting BC/FC flights that will connect. The whole thing is just a mess. And the credit Regent will give us if we book our own flights (including international) is too small to cover the real costs.The whole mess could be solved if Regent would just book the domestic legs so that we could upgrade them with points or cash. Wouldn't mind that. But oh, no, Regent gets some "El Cheapo" rates from the airlines that locks us in to "cattle car" class for the domestic legs, and we can't do that. So, as far as I can figure out, Regent's "free air" is worthless to us. Now, if you know of a way to make it work, please post here and let me know.

Yes, we got the premium beverage package on our Celebrity cruise. It is a music cruise featuring the Moody Blues, so we didn't get to choose the cruise line. We just wanted to hear the music. We also wanted to see if Celebrity suite class is as good as MSC Yacht Club. It may well not be. We'll see. When we get back, we will do the math, but I'm rather sure that the MSC Yacht Club will be the winner here.